List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection headaches galore. Good to have.

Inevitably there will be injuries, and I feel we're building really good depth. Everywhere except maybe in the tall forward department....
Hi Roddy
in reply checked out how many players missing per match. My guess is about 10% so missing 2-3 players each week of the starting 23. We need minimum 7-8 AFL ready players across each line, short and tall.
Those extra players will be super important come the pointy end of the season, ensuing they are AFL ready they will need a few games for exposure thru the year. It's the list, its always the list!

AFL site: The total injury recurrence rate remains low at nine per cent and has been relatively stable over the past five years.
The updated AFL & AFLW Concussion Guidelines for 2021 promoted a more conservative graded step wise return to play approach following concussion mandating for the first time that a player suffering a concussion must miss one or more matches to accommodate the graded return to play protocol. In following the guidelines, the earliest that a player could return to play after a concussion was 12 days, meaning that players with a concussion were required to miss at least one match (other than where no match was scheduled in the 12-day period after the concussion) and are therefore included in the incidence figures.

Player managers are free to talk to the media. Player has exit interview, advises management of what is said. Journos try the club and get a straight bat answer. Try the player and get a straight bat answer. Try the manager who will often talk and share what the thinking is with their player.
player managers are biased. Clubs and player managers all want to say a player is required unless the negotiation is at a progressed level.

If sydney are exposed for missing a tall defender this week, Frosts value goes up in a trade scenario

I really do wonder if we're going to seriously hunt a key forward this trade period. Our KPF position is not terrible, but not great.

Dear is going to be a star, we can be reasonably assured of that.
Lewis could be a star but is monumentally injury prone, and may not be back 'til mid-season next year.
Chol was fantastic during the H&A, exceeded my expectations, but was found wanting a little in finals when the whips were cracking.
Scaife looks a strong prospect but is very young and untested. Could go either way.
Gunners has one year left.
Ramma, as a ruck/forward: obviously the jury is still way, way out on him.
Who else is there?

I think we need to go hunting....

No point getting another alright key forward.

But if the right one comes available in the next year or two then for sure - go all in on it - would you do the Jeremy Cameron trade Geelong did for a star key forward?

We surely aren't moving both Amon and Weddle out of the backline at the same time. Our run/drive from defence would be really affected by that.

Unless there's a new iteration of the gameplan in the works?

Where does he play? Who comes out of the side? He needs a big injury-free preseason (this is really the key) as his form this year was mostly terrible. We already need to drop two others from the side to make way for Barrass and Battle coming, and better players like Weddle will seemingly be moved up the field into a competing position with CJ.

Edit: Mackenzie should be coming back into the team too, and Day is absolutely coming straight back in. That's three changes, maybe four, before we get to CJ.

Funnily enough the second post somewhat answers the first. CJ's best form in our side has come from the halfback line where he was becoming a bloody handy intercept and rebounding defender. If he can get fit and back to his best I would rather see him playing back there and Weddle more around the ground and Amon back to the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back