List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm possibly, or just add another bloke that can run up and down the ground all day instead..
I expect it will be more of this. Being able to play an extra runner means teams will be able to apply more defensive pressure without players getting as tired.

Hope that the 5 active bench is true. I remember being very early on this earlier this season. With the depth of our list, this will only help clubs like us along with Re- lions and cats. İn fact I'm all for a 6th as well. Would love to see Harry, Finn, Frosty and Ward types get all the games available in the seniors.

It’s great for our team to have an extra player on the bench given our list depth.

Will help limit our fade-outs as well.
Means we can play 3x genuine talls Forward & Back, IMO.

FB: Frost....Barrass........
HB: .........Scrimshaw.......

HF: .............Lewis............
FF: Chol....... Dear............

Might be too tall with 4 + 1, but 5x active on the Bench with our versatility & running power: Impey, Amon, Massi, CJ / Harry, Weddle, Ginni, Moore, Wiz, Croc - that's not including midfielders - plays right into our list strength.

just have 55 with unlimited interchanges and expand the lists.

I might finally get a run off the bench for the mighty Hawks.

Apparently the AFL are looking at changing the sub rule to a five-man bench, so this means we’re more likely to rotate two key rucks through the bench rather than playing one key ruck and a backup rucking key forward a-la Cholly yeah?
The clubs were hopeful the sub was going to be removed and instead there be a five man bench for this season. Most teams had planned for that during the off season. However, in their infinite wisdom, the AFL kept the sub rule and told AFL teams a fortnight before the season that the sub would stay for this year, catching most off guard and proving that the AFL didn’t read the room.

The clubs were hopeful the sub was going to be removed and instead there be a five man bench for this season. Most teams had planned for that during the off season. However, in their infinite wisdom, the AFL kept the sub rule and told AFL teams a fortnight before the season that the sub would stay for this year, catching most off guard and proving that the AFL didn’t read the room.
Are they planning to keep the same cap on rotations or will this change too?

I doubt it with Chol Nash and Weddle all capable of pinch hitting for 5 minutes a quarter I wouldn’t even consider it. It’s perfect for Josh Ward.

I hope to never see Josh Weddle anywhere near the ruck ever again.

Unless he's roving a Meeky tap out, runs 60m with a few bounces on the way and roosts it through the big sticks from 55 out.

You don't risk your elite Thoroughbreds over the sticks in the bush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope that the 5 active bench is true. I remember being very early on this earlier this season. With the depth of our list, this will only help clubs like us along with Re- lions and cats. İn fact I'm all for a 6th as well. Would love to see Harry, Finn, Frosty and Ward types get all the games available in the seniors.
There shouldn't be any limit on interchange bench limit, If you are on the list you can go on the field. Would immediately stop the unsafe workplace clubs are currently providing by keeping injured players on the ground.

Unpopular but I like the sub. I hope it stays. When we move to 5 interchange, talk will inevitably turn to the concussion/injury sub again.

Unless he's roving a Meeky tap out, runs 60m with a few bounces on the way and roosts it through the big sticks from 55 out.

Agreed. We saw what happened to Roughie's Achilles preparing for a ruck contest.

Does that disprove the point though? Surely chol and Nash are enough to avoid playing a second ruck?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back