List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm utterly fascinated as to how Sammy and a the coaches are going to structure/configure things next year.

Our backline, as it stands today (assuming we nail the Barrass trade too): Sic, Battle, Scrim, Barrass, Weds, Frosty, Blancky (eventually), Dimma, Imps, Amon. Extraordinarily, scarily strong, but ten doesn't go into 6 (and yes there'll be injuries).

So what do we do? Weds up the field seems a gimme. Sic forward? The prospect is tantalising, and of course he can be super-flexible and swing back if needed. It sounds like the same goes for Battle. Dimma can play back or forward.

It's going to be like watching a master chess player move his pieces across the board....
Reckon with Mitch Lewis being out for the start of the season, we see Josh Weddle playing in our forward line. Has a huge tank and can work up the ground, has a great set of hands and is a fairly good kick inside 50 as well.

I'm utterly fascinated as to how Sammy and a the coaches are going to structure/configure things next year.

Our backline, as it stands today (assuming we nail the Barrass trade too): Sic, Battle, Scrim, Barrass, Weds, Frosty, Blancky (eventually), Dimma, Imps, Amon. Extraordinarily, scarily strong, but ten doesn't go into 6 (and yes there'll be injuries).

So what do we do? Weds up the field seems a gimme. Sic forward? The prospect is tantalising, and of course he can be super-flexible and swing back if needed. It sounds like the same goes for Battle. Dimma can play back or forward.

It's going to be like watching a master chess player move his pieces across the board....
I know it might seem like a bit of a stretch, but why not try to use Weddle in a Nick Riewoldt role? Huge tank, good size, can get better overhead and will suit our style of play. Maybe I have rose coloured glasses.

I know it might seem like a bit of a stretch, but why not try to use Weddle in a Nick Riewoldt role? Huge tank, good size, can get better overhead and will suit our style of play. Maybe I have rose coloured glasses.
With Mitch Lewis out for a bit, it makes sense

The club should get him in as a part time coach for weddle, he will be our most damaging player soon

The question - when all is done and settled mid November is ….
Who trains with the forwards? Hardwick again, Weddle, Sicily, Battle, McCabe, Serong?
Because Chol and Dear and Gunston ain’t enough.
Though looking forward to what Scaife can do with. Pre-season under his belt.

The question - when all is done and settled mid November is ….
Who trains with the forwards? Hardwick again, Weddle, Sicily, Battle, McCabe, Serong?
Because Chol and Dear and Gunston ain’t enough.
Though looking forward to what Scaife can do with. Pre-season under his belt.
melbourne football club wink GIF by Melbournefc

100% mate. I think a lot about where he would best be suited and I think this may be the go. I think more of a Jeremy Cameron type potentially but Riewoldt is a great call.

Great post, I’m pumped for Sammy’s evolution of our game plan, there would be things he loves and things that didn’t come to fruition he wants to stay in front of and the new additions will enable him to move the chess pieces around. As he keeps saying we are not the finished product, I can’t wait till we see what that looks like.

Great post, I’m pumped for Sammy’s evolution of our game plan, there would be things he loves and things that didn’t come to fruition he wants to stay in front of and the new additions will enable him to move the chess pieces around. As he keeps saying we are not the finished product, I can’t wait till we see what that looks like.
It's so interesting, how our biggest hole (some might say our only hole moving forward), while Mitch struggles to get on the field AND has the Lions sniffing around him, is a key forward - Dear's going to be awesome, but the jury's still a little out on Chol (exceeded expectations during the H&A, but was a bit of a letdown in finals - one poor finals showing is absolutely understandable and excusable, two poor finals showings out of two is a concern) - BUT, no fewer than THREE of those current backmen could swing forward next year and be highly effective. Sic, Weds and Battle could all go forward, and not leave a hole in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so interesting, how our biggest hole (some might say our only hole moving forward), while Mitch struggles to get on the field AND has the Lions sniffing around him, is a key forward - Dear's going to be awesome, but the jury's still a little out on Chol (exceeded expectations during the H&A, but was a bit of a letdown in finals - one poor finals showing is absolutely understandable and excusable, two poor finals showings out of two is a concern) - BUT, no fewer than THREE of those current backmen could swing forward next year and be highly effective. Sic, Weds and Battle could all go forward, and not leave a hole in the backline.
Was Chol maybe carrying an injury ?

How come not many posters comment on Moore or Ginni playing 2 poor finals games ?

Why is it usually just directed at Chol ?
So many posts about Lewis being traded turn into Chol playing poorly in those 2 games, when he wasn’t on his own

Not a stretch. Something that should be considered for sure.

Was Chol maybe carrying an injury ?

How come not many posters comment on Moore or Ginni playing 2 poor finals games ?

Why is it usually just directed at Chol ?
So many posts about Lewis being traded turn into Chol playing poorly in those 2 games, when he wasn’t on his own
Maybe because Moore and Ginni don't play roles that are as major a focal point as your number one key forward?

And how come you are cherry-picking that part of the comment rather than the key point/s?

Maybe because Moore and Ginni don't play roles that are as major a focal point as your number one key forward?

And how come you are cherry-picking that part of the comment rather than the key point/s?
I’m ’cherry-picking’ that part of your post as I don’t believe it is necessary.

He played well above most people’s expectations all season but you & a few others seem to find it compulsory to mention the 2 poor games at any chance possible. But none want to talk about other players who had the same poor games

Leave it as ‘Chol had a very good season & will be a better player with Lewis in the team’
Don’t throw the unnecessary negative in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back