List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Sicily has played forward in his younger days. He will play swinging between back and front depending on the situation a lot next year.
He was a forward initially at the beginning of his AFL career. And he was very promising but I doubt he'll go forward permanently. He's the most damaging backman in the game in my humble Hawthorn biased opinion.

He's on the rookie list

Edit: I think
Spot on.. Phillips on the rookie list and will be delisted, so we still need to get 3 off the senior list (DGB, O'Sullivan & 1 more).. i'm assuming you can drop someone directly from the senior to the rookie list? Blanck to then be upgraded to the senior list and we'll draft 2 kids is my guess for how we get to 38

I reckon the forward line is still short of a physically dominating forward. Chol doesn't do the hard contest work against defensive gorillas and Lewis isn't on the track enough to be that guy. We still need a beast in the forward line, in my opinion.

(I'm agreeing with you on the need, but I don't think he's on our list - or at least hasn't made an appearance in the seniors yet, if he is on the list)
Feel the game is moving away from the beast forward.

You really need a running agile forward that can lay defensive pressure. Hogan does a mountain of running but is also strong in a 1v1 strength battle. Not many like him tbh.

You would think the final delistings will be announced over the coming week

Is there any chance the veterans are delisted and picked up as rookies. Yes I know they both recently signed for a further 12 months but it could used to keep others on the main list

Is that still even possible? They change the rules so frequently it is hard to keep up.

You would think the final delistings will be announced over the coming week

Is there any chance the veterans are delisted and picked up as rookies. Yes I know they both recently signed for a further 12 months but it could used to keep others on the main list

Is that still even possible? They change the rules so frequently it is hard to keep up.
I wouldn't risk them going through the rookie draft. Butler would be the safest option I think.

I wouldn't risk them going through the rookie draft. Butler would be the safest option I think.
You genuinely think a team would touch them. No, not if they tell opposition clubs that they are not playing for anyone but Hawthorn. Tampering or not, who is even going to want to try and convince them otherwise.

I can’t see it happening.

A bit confused atm. We have 38 on the senior list atm needing to delist 3. Only have DGB and O'Sullivan OOC on the senior list. Does this mean we have to delist a contracted player and re-rookie? Butler maybe?
I'm pretty sure they changed it to 2 draft picks a while back. Just because we have 3 picks does not mean we have to use them
Melbourne have only 2 picks this drafts as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of Barrass and the availability of genuinely good full backs across the league makes him the biggest player to move clubs. Houston has the best recent form, but in a position which is far more replaceable - and that's what the post you're replying to is about. The biggest move.
IMO it’s the domino defect that our acquisition/s has that makes us the big winners over the FA + trade period. By themselves bring in both players allows us to become the most versatile and the one with the most depth.

Its crazy to think that if Lewis can get himself right and Mackenzie blossoms into that mid with x-factor then we’re pretty much set.

This side is pretty scary for Oppo teams to be lining up against!

Absolutely agree Sic staying back - he’s AA there, don’t mess with that! I’m sure we can throw forward for the odd cameo but that’s all I see.

Yep, he’s arguably our best and most important player as a defender. He and the coaches have also stated over and over that he’s staying in the backline.

Look forward to a long off season of half the fan base being adamant he’s playing forward, whilst he trains as a defender all preseason.

Next season we will need to expose more fringe players to the line up without effecting performance. Come this time next year we will need to cash in on some players in the trade period.
Who are you thinking of?

I reckon the forward line is still short of a physically dominating forward. Chol doesn't do the hard contest work against defensive gorillas and Lewis isn't on the track enough to be that guy. We still need a beast in the forward line, in my opinion.

(I'm agreeing with you on the need, but I don't think he's on our list - or at least hasn't made an appearance in the seniors yet, if he is on the list)
James Sicily could be that man.

Will Day and Newc both have X-Factor, Newc demonstrated that in his last 5 or so games.

I'm also not writing off Mackenzie starting to become that additional X-Factor mid next year.

I think we need a midfielder with some break neck speed from the contest!
Very hard to find or do we already have someone that can adapt??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mids:

Rayner
Brayshaw
LDU
Richards

KPF:
Allen
Fogarty
TDK

Should be going hard at any of the above.

Callaghan out of contract would be another.

Callaghan is the one for mine?
I like Hayden Young for his execution skills.
Also Harry Sheezel but he is pretty untouchable at the moment!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back