List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Sullivan's body appeared to always be letting him down. Talent wise I absolutely thought there was a player there.

He tackled to hurt and could seemed to hit the scoreboard or create chances pretty consistently at VFL level.

All the best the delisted trio. I anticipate we'll see Phillips and DGB in other colours next season.

Dogs board were saying a few months ago the dogs were looking at O’Sullivan. So we may see him in new colours as well.

Yeah I was surprised they let him go. Also Hayden Burgiels, Cody was let go.
Despite being bias as Hayden is a mate of mine I really do think that Coby is worth a look at pre-season training if he somehow doesn't get one with the Eagles. He has speed and class to burn and has been set back badly by injury. With the release of Phillips today that could be his spot on the list after we take pick 33 and Anderson at the draft.

Shame for Phillips, DGB and JOS. Really feel for the former especially, who was given 6 months to show his worth. Hopefully another side picks all three up.

It's great to see that we have kept all of our fringe best 22 players and viable depth / backups (Serong, Morrison, CJ, Ward, Ramsden, Reeves, Blanck). Any of these guys could have requested a trade in order to seek more game time.

We are in the perfect spot depth wise going into next season.

Though I think we will lose some decent players like those named above at the end of next season, as some good players will be struggling to get games.
I think Phillips is the most likely of the three to make a solid AFL career from here.

He's a very good intercept mark and that's always a valuable skill in this league (just like being a good three point shooter in the NBA).

I think Phillips is the most likely of the three to make a solid AFL career from here.

He's a very good intercept mark and that's always a valuable skill in this league (just like being a good three point shooter in the NBA).
Naah he has height but is not very agile and his kicking is nervous and needs improving. For his age he would have to really work hard on his game to succeed. I would be surprised if he plays many AFL games

Naah he has height but is not very agile and his kicking is nervous and needs improving. For his age he would have to really work hard on his game to succeed. I would be surprised if he plays many AFL games
Norf will snap him up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes to bother of those observations but he does have a great set of hands on him though which is something you can't teach.

I'm not saying he will make a career but of the three to me he looks the most likely.

It is going to be incredibly hard to make a best 22 side at the moment. From the side that lost to Port Adelaide we were missing:

• Day
  • Lewis
  • Frost
  • Mackenzie
  • CJ

Plus we are adding Barrass and Battle straight into the senior side. Spots are going to be so tight this season.

Assuming everyone is fit and available at once, I think the side would be:

Hardwick - Barrass - Impey
Scrimshaw - Battle - Sicily

Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
Weddle - Day - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Amon
Nash
Mackenzie
Dear / Maginess / Frost / Ward / Morrison / CJ

Sub:
Breust / Gunston

Last edited:
It is going to be incredibly hard to make a best 22 side at the moment. From the side that lost to Port Adelaide we were missing:

• Day
  • Lewis
  • Frost
  • Mackenzie
  • CJ

Plus we are adding Barrass and Battle straight into the senior side. Spots are going to be so tight this season.

Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
Weddle - Newcombe - D'Ambrosio

Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Amon
Nash
Mackenzie

Sub:
Breust / Gunston
Love your team especially with 2 Jai Newcombe's

• Day
  • Lewis
  • Frost
  • Mackenzie
  • CJ

Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
Weddle - Day - D'Ambrosio

Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Amon
Nash
Mackenzie

Sub:
Breust / Gunston
This is my stab at a round 1 best 22;

Scrim Barrass Hardwick

Sicily Battle Impey

Mass Worpel Amon

McDonald Weddle Moore

Dear Chol Wizard
Meek Newcombe Day

Mackenzie Ginni Nash Ward Morrison/Finn/Frost.

Emergency Finn/Frost/CJ/HH/Gunston/Breust

If it goes to 5 on the bench it’s a decision between Morrison, Finn and Frost, if the sub stays I would choose between Morrison and Finn

Would love to see Weddle at CHF, I don’t think there is a defender that could keep up with him, can mark and send it through from outside 50 too.

Might be leaving it a little thin for forwards (especially tall) on the bench but we will have such a versatile team that we can switch things around at will if one goes down. Same goes for backs, we can send Weddle or Amon and even Day back if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back