Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he played a good game but I would have liked to see him get marked down by Clarko at least for the booking

Hawthorn vs Sydney Swans
10 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
8 Heath Grundy (Syd)
6 Jack Gunston (Haw)
2 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Tom Mitchell (Syd)
2 Kurt Tippett (Syd)

Is it my imagination, or is Clarko the only coach that regularly gives 2-3 sets of votes to opposition players?

Is it my imagination, or is Clarko the only coach that regularly gives 2-3 sets of votes to opposition players?
I think all coaches will do it especially after a loss, I think Clarko is more likely to five opponents votes in a Hawks win and probably spreads the votes for his own players around more than any other coach.

How much of that second one is be because we have more players who share the load than say North who need a big game from Goldy every week I can't say though

Just beat me to it Blaze. He is also the only coach who you can rely on a true assessment of the game in his post match press interview.
I'll get flamed for this but I think Chris Scott is usually good value in the pressers. He's had the odd crazy statement (M.A. anyone?) but on the whole I like listening to him dissect a game. Bolton is another one I like, he's pretty honest and doesn't bull$#it or deflect.
Clarko on the other hand looks like he can't wait to get out of there and never gives much away. You can see him seething about a certain incident but he'll rarely say anything remotely controversial. Don't get me wrong- I think it's a smart way to operate and keeps unnecessary attention away from the club & players but I don't find listening to him very enlightening.

Well at least the coaches are aware that gunners played the better game than Franklin contrary to what the ridiculous media headlines would have everyone believe
Had a laugh at the Herald sun's votes for the game, no way in the world was buddy even close to 2nd best on ground, didnt realise 2 long bombs late in the game trumps overall consistency over a longer period of time. Gunston was the best forward on the ground. Very lazy journalism really seeing as frawley probably won the battle anyway but they just gloss over it, they are sucked in by the glitz and glamour

I'll get flamed for this but I think Chris Scott is usually good value in the pressers. He's had the odd crazy statement (M.A. anyone?) but on the whole I like listening to him dissect a game. Bolton is another one I like, he's pretty honest and doesn't bull$#it or deflect.
Clarko on the other hand looks like he can't wait to get out of there and never gives much away. You can see him seething about a certain incident but he'll rarely say anything remotely controversial. Don't get me wrong- I think it's a smart way to operate and keeps unnecessary attention away from the club & players but I don't find listening to him very enlightening.
I think there are little nuggets of gold in Clarko's pressers, love listening to him talk footy

I know he played a good game but I would have liked to see him get marked down by Clarko at least for the booking

Hawthorn vs Sydney Swans
10 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
8 Heath Grundy (Syd)
6 Jack Gunston (Haw)
2 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Tom Mitchell (Syd)
2 Kurt Tippett (Syd)

Those votes don't indicate a margin of only 14 points. They tell me one team had a handful of players who were very good, or made look very good,but the opposition, as a team, probably were just as good. Hannebery, "thank God that big number 2 isn't playing" was probably best, but to see Grundy, who we kicked to at every opportunity, as second is just wrong.

Those votes don't indicate a margin of only 14 points. They tell me one team had a handful of players who were very good, or made look very good,but the opposition, as a team, probably were just as good. Hannebery, "thank God that big number 2 isn't playing" was probably best, but to see Grundy, who we kicked to at every opportunity, as second is just wrong.

Richards' concussion certainly had a silver lining, as I think the Swans actually went into the game without a good match-up for Teddy (Gunston would have taken Teddy to the cleaners, just like he did with Rampe). But it allowed Grundy to go to TO'B and it was a disaster for Tim.

In hindsight, it might have been a good idea for Hawthorn to rotate McEvoy and Ceglar through the forward line but for whatever reason, judging by the amount of time they seem to spend on the pine, their respective stamina means they can't seem to cope with that extra work-load.

Hawthorn vs Sydney Swans
10 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
8 Heath Grundy (Syd)
6 Jack Gunston (Haw)
2 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Tom Mitchell (Syd)
2 Kurt Tippett (Syd)
Interesting that we only got done by a couple of goals and only had one player in the coaches votes.

Interesting that we only got done by a couple of goals and only had one player in the coaches votes.

To be honest, I think the scoreboard flattered the Hawks somewhat. Sydney were the better side for most of the game but our defence stood up well (all things considered) under the heat. Had another defender played a game like Chip played on Friday night, he'd be praised to the heavens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a sly dig at swans, we were down all over the ground and lost by 14

To be honest, I think the scoreboard flattered the Hawks somewhat. Sydney were the better side for most of the game but our defence stood up well (all things considered) under the heat. Had another defender played a game like Chip played on Friday night, he'd be praised to the heavens.

We had 54 inside 50s to their 40. Buddy got 2 long bomb goals. We missed a lot of easy shots.

We should have smashed them and would have if not for the distractions. The morons clapping saw us go to sleep for nearly 20 minutes.

We had 54 inside 50s to their 40. Buddy got 2 long bomb goals. We missed a lot of easy shots.

We should have smashed them and would have if not for the distractions. The morons clapping saw us go to sleep for nearly 20 minutes.
We also dominated the first quarter. Just failed dismally at the most important part.

I don't entirely agree with they dominated us for most of the game. We didn't capatalise on a very strong first quarter. 0.2
We didn't kick very well for goal on the night. Score board pressure was non existent for the first half of the game. True our defense held up well.

Frawley has been very underrated this year. People act like Franklin had a field day, but Chip kept him to his lowest output for the year.

Frawley has been very underrated this year. People act like Franklin had a field day, but Chip kept him to his lowest output for the year.
2 arsey goals that no defender could've stopped either.

I wouldn't call it that he has done that so many many times but yes overall you are right
When they skid through from a bounce 20m out from goal there is an element of luck involved even if he intended to score. It's more the defender can't do much about it in that situation except play the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back