Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

There were indeed shockers both ways. A shocking tripping decision not paid to us, then the same for you guys, and sundry others both ways. The umps were pretty shit, but in tight, scrappy affairs that often happens.

TBH both sides were flat at times.
I'm already looking forward to our next game in Sydney, I'm sure it will be a cracker.
You're half backline is so underrated .. I consistently read about your defence being maligned but your half backline in particular is easily the best in the comp.

Like our forward line wins us games we shouldn't so does your backline. And without Richards too.

You're half backline is so underrated .. I consistently read about your defence being maligned but your half backline in particular is easily the best in the comp.

Like our forward line wins us games we shouldn't so does your backline. And without Richards too.
Rampe has dramatically improved this year, and Mills is pretty amazing for a first year kid, so cool under pressure.

A good comparison, re your forward line and our backline. On friday afternoon I went through my usual period of dread about Cyril, Gunston, Bruest and Puopolo. They really make me very nervous!

About time we tagged Mitchell! Jesus, it only took 5 years to work that out:drunk:

Rampe has dramatically improved this year, and Mills is pretty amazing for a first year kid, so cool under pressure.

A good comparison, re your forward line and our backline. On friday afternoon I went through my usual period of dread about Cyril, Gunston, Bruest and Puopolo. They really make me very nervous!

About time we tagged Mitchell! Jesus, it only took 5 years to work that out:drunk:
Yeah our forwards when on are unstoppable. Equally though your marking defenders are a nightmare. I said it before the game and every other minute during it.

The other thing I noticed was your gameplan. Mirror image of ours. Pissed Clarko off I think because of his subtle press comments.

Longmire coached very well.

Yeah our forwards when on are unstoppable. Equally though your marking defenders are a nightmare. I said it before the game and every other minute during it.

The other thing I noticed was your gameplan. Mirror image of ours. Pissed Clarko off I think because of his subtle press comments.

Longmire coached very well.
Well we've had plenty of practice losing to you, I'd hope he'd learn something from that!

So you spend months on here during the cricket season talking footy yeah?

Get a grip.
I just wanna add my two cents. I think the problem is that during a very dark and somber week, we as hawk supporters needed something good like a win against a rival to just get us up a bit but it wasn't to be, with some swans and cat supporters have been terrible since the game on the MB so, when oppo supporters come on our boards after the week we've had, I think some supporters find it hard to fathom to get along. Reality is, we had our chances but you guys were cleaner throughout the night going inside 50, therefor deserved the win. Nothing else to talk about really, same thing happened this time last year and Hawks Threepeated and did it quite easily. We know we aren't as good this year, but as I said, it's been a real shitty week re- Roughead. I don't think posters ( especially cats) supporters quite know or care about the extend of the illness.

I just wanna add my two cents. I think the problem is that during a very dark and somber week, we as hawk supporters needed something good like a win against a rival to just get us up a bit but it wasn't to be, with some swans and cat supporters have been terrible since the game on the MB so, when oppo supporters come on our boards after the week we've had, I think some supporters find it hard to fathom to get along. Reality is, we had our chances but you guys were cleaner throughout the night going inside 50, therefor deserved the win. Nothing else to talk about really, same thing happened this time last year and Hawks Threepeated and did it quite easily. We know we aren't as good this year, but as I said, it's been a real shitty week re- Roughead. I don't think posters ( especially cats) supporters quite know or care about the extend of the illness.
I hate main board, it's really a hopeless collection of tryhards and pseudo experts arguing pointlessly. And I don't want to even begin to outline the putrid rubbish that was on there about Goodes, which I avoided. Basically it's useless.

I stay predominantly on the bay. In spite of the reputation it has, I find it far more honest and much funnier than anywhere else, my own board (and to be frank, all boards) included.

For example, there has been 100% solidarity and concern shown by ALL bay posters for Roughy. And the same has gone for our board. I can't speak for other boards, because I haven't checked.

And don't forget our team banner that the players ran through on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you spend months on here during the cricket season talking footy yeah?

Get a grip.

Hey, mate, you've done plenty of crowing here.
Your team is underpinned by AFL money, it's just an artificial structure designed to enable the competition to get a foothold in Sydney and the 7 million people (viewers) in NSW.

All of your "success" is based on that.

Once GWS win a premiership that will actually stop, so enjoy it while you can.

Hey, mate, you've done plenty of crowing here.
Your team is underpinned by AFL money, it's just an artificial structure designed to enable the competition to get a foothold in Sydney and the 7 million people (viewers) in NSW.

All of your "success" is based on that.

Once GWS win a premiership that will actually stop, so enjoy it while you can.
I've been enjoying the swans for years. I have no doubt GWS will win a flag soon. Their list is ridiculous, and will only improve.

To me the health of the game can only be increased with an added presence in the west of Sydney. For people who love the game and not just their club this is important. A bit like you trying to get a foothold in Tasmania.

I've been enjoying the swans for years. I have no doubt GWS will win a flag soon. Their list is ridiculous, and will only improve.

To me the health of the game can only be increased with an added presence in the west of Sydney. For people who love the game and not just their club this is important. A bit like you trying to get a foothold in Tasmania.
And how about the rest of Sydney. The Swans have been there for how long?

Did you really think a bunch of mirror sunglass wearing tossers with salmon Industrie polos (collars up of course) would stick around if the Swans weren't winning flags every other year?

Why do our posters have to be knobs to visitors?

Our board is better for the banter.

And DB is one of the good posters.
And if we correlate his "liking " to the bay game thread, he may have been under the effects of something when he did the liking...

We have a very healthy and consistent membership base. NRL is - for reasons that escape me - the main sport here. It is a truly dreadful and unwatchable spectacle, and I grew up in the heartland of rugby league.

The sooner the game can capture imagination of the Islander populations of western Sydney (kids of Tongan, Samoan, Cook Islander background) the sooner AFL will take root.

In the meantime we continue to play a competitive and engaging style of footy, and I hope that continues.

No one cares, mate.

Take it to your own board.

A classic Titus quote:

"In the end, it was Buddy Franklin who made all the difference between the two sides with key goals when it mattered.

It just shows you the strength of the Swans Academy that they can uncover a player like Lance Franklin and develop him into a match winner."

I know he played a good game but I would have liked to see him get marked down by Clarko at least for the booking

Hawthorn vs Sydney Swans
10 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
8 Heath Grundy (Syd)
6 Jack Gunston (Haw)
2 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Tom Mitchell (Syd)
2 Kurt Tippett (Syd)

Well at least the coaches are aware that gunners played the better game than Franklin contrary to what the ridiculous media headlines would have everyone believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back