Autopsy Hawks vs Bunnies no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Our ball handling was ordinary all night. So many missed ground balls and handballs.

Tom Mitchell gets his drinks bought for him after tonight.

Another great game by Burton.

Seriously though, how do we compete so well with one midfielder?

People who want to target Vickery, and I know people will, Rough wasn't much better tonight.

We had a number of players down.

Good first half, but we wasted it after that.

Whilst we fell hard after half time, I think a critical issue is we are just too weak through the middle. Literally our mids were carried by one man in Tom Mitchell. Shiels had a good first half but stats alone, you can see there is only one mid of quality.

We need to blood some new mids ASAP - try something. Get Cousins in.
Too right.

If we get some people around Mitchell it'll be awesome - the way he alone outperformed the unbelievable super amazing awesome unbeatable midfield of collingwood for a half was quite amazing.

Well that hurt
Bucks gets to keep his job
Hawks succumb which before the game we expected

The reality is we had 5 changes

We lost our #1 KPD
We lost the glue in Stratts
We lost the young light in TOB
We lost the Pies kryptonite in Fitz
We lost Sizzle

we didn't really think we would win did we?

So carve it up in here

Be respectful of each others
I don't mind losing, but the manner in which we lost was hard to stomach. We were 43 points up FFS.

Seriously 1 goal after half time? I don't think its the personnel...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our ball handling was ordinary all night. So many missed ground balls and handballs.

Tom Mitchell gets his drinks bought for him after tonight.

Another great game by Burton.

Seriously though, how do we compete so well with one midfielder?

People who want to target Vickery, and I know people will, Rough wasn't much better tonight.

We had a number of players down.

Good first half, but we wasted it after that.
Couldn't pick up the ball either, Collingwood players were getting free runs into marking contests too.

Don't know what to say, we we're so good in the first half and then we absolutely pissed the game away in the second. Appalling really....

Didnt think our outs in the backline had much of anything to do with the loss actually. We got slaughtered in the midfield, poor Mitchell. Shiels was better tonight than he has been.
Rough is completely ineffectual. The running under every marking contest needs to be coached out of him, but it won't be, seen it for years.
Vickery, no point saying it over and over.
Heatherley did well, like his agro. Mitch was epic.

Smashed from halftime. Just smashed.

Need more from big Rough in games like this.
More ? Or something at all. He was a complete liability tonight. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Hodge. He might have the odd brain fade, but at least he competes. Roughead simply cannot lead, and cannot compete.

We willl hear plenty about Vickery but if he is hung out to dry on his own by the supporters, then that is simply not on.

Insipid 2nd half.

I don't want to see Vickery, Henderson, Sicily or Duryea gifted another game for the rest of the year.

Henderson had some bad moments but he wasn't our worst. I can pick out six players who worse then him.

Vickery
Gibson
Whitecross
Duryea
Roughead
Gunston

Wasn't expecting a win but that first quarter was exceptional or the pies didn't turn up. Either way there's no real reason for losing a game where you are 40 points up and sadly imo it was our senior players who let the team down.

Someone also needs to stand up and fly the flag when Mitchell is copping that much attention - shameful and embarrassing that they don't.

That's all - no point in dwelling on missed opportunities when we are in a rebuild - who wants 4 points anyway. At least Brisbane got a flogging - don't know if it's enough to keep us off the bottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Bunnies no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back