Autopsy Hawks vs Bunnies no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgraceful effort in the second half. 43 points up and lose by 18.

Thoughtful Kiwi, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily (1st half) and Howe did really well. All should hold their spots.

Bruest, Mitch, Poppy and Shiels can hold their heads up.

Poor games from Roughie, Hendo, Billy and Swiss and quieter than normal games for Hodge, Silk and Smith. Duryea was okay without doing much.

The result many expected but the way it happened was disappointing. I think we will easily beat them once we get something closer to Hawthorn rather than Box Hill.

I don't mind losing, but the manner in which we lost was hard to stomach. We were 43 points up FFS.

Seriously 1 goal after half time? I don't think its the personnel...
Certainly expected to lose with players out, but then being teased with that first half lead.... bit hard to take

Clarkson when are the catastrophic changes going to come? It's been blatant obvious from Round 1 that Gibson is cooked.

Whitecross 12 disposals
Gibson 8 disposals
Vickery 5 disposals
I didn't mind Whitecross, did some good things, showed ticker.

Im more critical of guys who should be stepping up when we need a hard outside running player once Rad Hill's gone Birchalls out and we needed some run and carry, His decision making was horrific

Our forwardline...im not sure what's going on, I thought Vickery had some good hit outs to advantage...thats it.

Sicily needs to do the team thing more, Roughy/Gunston look like shadows of former selves. Tmitch consistently great but needed to hurt collingwood when he got that mark inside 50.

We're missing gun 23-24 year old midfielders who will run/carry and split the middle open. I like Burton but he's 19, He'll be a 200 gamer. I dont think guys like Vickery/Hartung/Sicily will

What pissed me off was the commentators blatantly cheering for Collingwood. Often they'll favor one side or another but at least make the attempt to appear professional and unbiased, but tonight it was blindingly obvious who they wanted to win. Really says it all about the sad state of the football media these days.
This has been the norm for years. They want a close game of a good story, so them being 43 points down and winning was the story they were cheering for.

We'll be cheered on when we're losing as well.

Happens in cricket when Australia were on their undefeated run, commentators kept saying the other country was still in it.

Vickery had 5 possies. I reckon all in the first 1/4. Not good enough, fitness???
He's playing mostly forward.... his possessions correlate with what our midfield does... I don't think anybody should hang any shit on Vickery after this game... Roughead was a lot worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We desperately need another mid as someone else said, I have heard that there is a kid called O'Mera who is might be a good fit for us. Sicily can play in Box Hill if he is lucky enough to get a game there. We keep finding new levels of badness. I was expecting us to get flogged but we only lost by a couple of goals so not all that bad really.

Tom Mitchell can hold his head up high. He played one hell of game. Pity our midfield lacks quality players in there at the moment and he's doing it all by himself.

50 disposals (Hawthorn club record) 22 contested
8 marks
8 tackles
6 clearances

The entire game changed in the very moment that Roughead kicked it 40 metres backwards to a Collingwood player.

Agreed. The game changer but still cannot fathom the umpires non awarding of the 50 meter penalty and saying he could have reaches it when about twenty meters over his head? That to me was either a clear question of that the umpire is not up to AFL standard (like a lot of our players at the moment) or he was being a little sentimental for the pie fans, in other words cheating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Bunnies no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back