Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody else think that Mitchell to half back is because we lost our best kick in Suckling, so Mitch has been put there because of his great kicking skills and vision?

Yeah, good question, one I have thought about as well.

There could be something to what you say but it could also be for the further development of a few of the others going into the guts to dig the ball out e.g. Shiels & Bruest.

There is also the question of managing Sammy so he is going to be fit and ready when the whips are cracking later in the year and through the finals.

There could be something to what you say but it could also be for the further development of a few of the others going into the guts to dig the ball out e.g. Shiels & Bruest.

There is also the question of managing Sammy so he is going to be fit and ready when the whips are cracking later in the year and through the finals.

I agree with keeping Mitchell fresh as possible for finals too. Would love to see Whitecross get some extended midfield time also, he looks to have put on some good size in his rehab and always goes hard at the ball. He reminds me of Osbourne in that regard.

I think this is the big one.

I think it was pretty obvious last year, by the time we reached the GF a lot of the players were buggered and out of form. This year we look to be managing that very deliberately, by rotating a lot of numbers through the mid field, not using Roughy in the ruck too much, etc.

What i think you will find once we hit september, Mitchell, Sewell, etc will spend a lot more time in the middle. Our ruck set up will be Hale/ Bailey and Roughead allowing us to add another runner to the team.

It will also be interesting to see how we manage Lake, as he is about our most important player now with the injury to Shoenmakers.

I think it was pretty obvious last year, by the time we reached the GF a lot of the players were buggered and out of form. This year we look to be managing that very deliberately, by rotating a lot of numbers through the mid field, not using Roughy in the ruck too much, etc.

What i think you will find once we hit september, Mitchell, Sewell, etc will spend a lot more time in the middle. Our ruck set up will be Hale/ Bailey and Roughead allowing us to add another runner to the team.

It will also be interesting to see how we manage Lake, as he is about our most important player now with the injury to Shoenmakers.

I think this will come down to who we will be up against from week to week, he'll probably have 'general soreness' when there are no Gorillas to match up on.

We have the ability to restructure the back six to suit the opposition forward structure, this is a luxury I don't remember having for a very long time.

It would have been ideal if Shoey was available but we have the choice of bringing in Duryea and resting Goo or bringing in Spang and resting say one of Hodge, Stratts or even Gibbo.

They will no doubt have learned plenty from last year so I fully expect to have the combo of Mitch, Sewell, Hodge and Burger (barring injuries of course) to be peaking at the right time. :thumbsu:

Paul Puopolo, I love you

He is unbeliveably tenacious. Also manages a bit of pace out of those (relatively short) legs!

It's interesting to watch Puopolo and Cyril for comparison. There's only 4cm in height between the two, but Cyril lopes along like he's gliding across the turf. Puopolo on the other hand looks like a steam piston engine at full throttle!

He is unbeliveably tenacious. Also manages a bit of pace out of those (relatively short) legs!

It's interesting to watch Puopolo and Cyril for comparison. There's only 4cm in height between the two, but Cyril lopes along like he's gliding across the turf. Puopolo on the other hand looks like a steam piston engine at full throttle!
it would have been interesting had he been the one chasing jetta in the GF last year and not cyril, i rekon over distance puopolo would have more speed as he seems to maintain his pace whereas cyril imo slows down a bit.

Paul Puopolo, I love you

You have to love that effort. He may only get 9-10 touches a game, maybe a goal if he is lucky. But if he does stuff like that week in week out (as he does), he will always be in our best 22.

Mark Neeld has put that on loop for jack watts to watch and he is not allowed to turn it off until he plays again.

At the time I missed the smother because I was so busy yelling cause he didn't get rewarded for the tackle. Not because it was the right call but because it was so deserved - every club needs a pop and I bet lots of coaches have showed that footage this week.

it would have been interesting had he been the one chasing jetta in the GF last year and not cyril, i rekon over distance puopolo would have more speed as he seems to maintain his pace whereas cyril imo slows down a bit.

Agree with this. Sydney supporters made a lot out of that contest, and the commentators loved it, but the fact is that Cyril's impact lies mainly on his rate of acceleration and in his agility. Over a longer distance he is still quick, but not incredibly so.

Agree with this. Sydney supporters made a lot out of that contest, and the commentators loved it, but the fact is that Cyril's impact lies mainly on his rate of acceleration and in his agility. Over a longer distance he is still quick, but not incredibly so.
He may still not have caught jetta but Im tipping he would have been close enough to have a crack at tackling him. Puopolo's pace and speed is grossly underrated when it comes to who is the fastest in the AFL.

First time I've seen that footage since seeing the play there on the day. I love the way Poppy has taken on the games this year. He looks like a man on a mission, at times almost like a wound up angry little man. This play is reminiscent of where we want him to be. Hope he maintains his form.

First time I've seen that footage since seeing the play there on the day. I love the way Poppy has taken on the games this year. He looks like a man on a mission, at times almost like a wound up angry little man. This play is reminiscent of where we want him to be. Hope he maintains his form.

Geezus he makes Gunston look pedestrian. Shows him up for work rate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geezus he makes Gunston look pedestrian. Shows him up for work rate

Certainly does. Our two ends of the chase scale right there! Not sure about Gunston. He has the ability to kick goals, defend when he drops back, etc. But if we can get some grunt and anger into him, he'd be all the better for it in my opinion. Seems to be lacking in conviction a little.

I agree. What it also does is develope others, so when we need to when can call on more different setups when required. This makes us less predictable for others, with possibilities any hard tags/run with struggle as we do the unexpected

Mark Neeld has put that on loop for jack watts to watch and he is not allowed to turn it off until he plays again.

At the time I missed the smother because I was so busy yelling cause he didn't get rewarded for the tackle. Not because it was the right call but because it was so deserved - every club needs a pop and I bet lots of coaches have showed that footage this week.
Same here
the tackle happened right confront of me, and I even missed the smother
It actually looked like it'd been kicked into the north player

Karma isn't always instant, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.

The North fans who laughed and jeered when Cyril went down had a taste of karma at the final siren, but I've just come from the Eagles-Kangaroos game . . . . . sweeeeeet !

Karma isn't always instant, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.

The North fans who laughed and jeered when Cyril went down had a taste of karma at the final siren, but I've just come from the Eagles-Kangaroos game . . . . . sweeeeeet !

Ha ha, I loved Scott's face on the last free kick!

The Scott brothers - the twin whingers ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back