Gibson: "What was that for?!"

Maggot: "For holding his jumper"

Gibson: "He grabbed hold of mine first!"

Maggot: "You were both doing it."

Gibson: "Exactly! how can you pay a free to Franklin?!"

Maggot: "I don't have to explain myself to you."

/ end thread.

Haha.

Funnily enough that exact same thing happened in the last, with Gibson the recipient of the free.

/ end thread.

Wow. Cry more. Seriously.

Luck plays a part in footy all the time. But in the end you win some, you lose some.

Having said that I don't think the Hawks were lucky.

We were lucky North didn't kick two more goals in the first quarter when they, for whatever reason, were dominating. Had they managed to get 30 points up they would have gone defensive and turned the game into a drudge.

Considering the scores were almost level at 1/2 time and we were behind at 3/4 time and out ran them in the last with two on the bench, I would say it was a very good win.

If the game were the complete opposite, North would be praised for "Shin Boner Spirit" blah blah f%^&*ng blah. What is it when they are not good enough where is the Spirit now Skippy?

But because thay do not think their side is any good, when they get beaten in a comback the other team cannot be any good; or it is all the umpires fault.

Good Ol' North Melbourne, they're whingers you'll agree.....

Considering the scores were almost level at 1/2 time and we were behind at 3/4 time and out ran them in the last with two on the bench, I would say it was a very good win.

If the game were the complete opposite, North would be praised for "Shin Boner Spirit" blah blah f%^&*ng blah. What is it when they are not good enough where is the Spirit now Skippy?

But because thay do not think their side is any good, when they get beaten in a comback the other team cannot be any good; or it is all the umpires fault.

Good Ol' North Melbourne, they're whingers you'll agree.....

Well said. The term "Shinboner Spirit" is a hackneyed old phrase from the 1970s that has no relevance whatsoever in the 21st century. Shinboner spirit is football's equivalent to the tooth fairy.

The Hawks' win yesterday was a testimony to their talent, their fitness, and their will to win, and no norf fan whingeing about bad luck and umpires will detract from that.

And the Hawks' win yesterday was proof once and for all that we don't need to extend the interchange. Clarko had only 19 men to rotate in the final term, and made less rotations than norf, and yet won the game surging ahead.

The clubs who make the most rotations are only covering for lack of talent and need fresh legs to compensate.

Lucky? You bet. The more we play, the harder we work, the luckier we get.

Teams that can drag themselves through tough games and than turn it around to get there 4 points are impressive. Obviously you cant do it every week but you need to survive these games if your going to go the distance and the Hawks did impress me in their fight to not let the game get away from them.

Plenty of Respect for that.

Must have been before I got here.

Laidley, who rarely says squat about umpires, is going to Anderson over it.

Laidley looked like an idiot in the press conference. I imagine Anderson is going to pat him on the head, give him a cuppa and a biscuit and then send him on his way.

Gee being a North supporter I am happy enough, we are out of form a bit at present and still were unlucky to lose a match against the Hawks.

I must say though I thought the Hawks were a lot better than they are. I was thinking last week they are the only challenge to Geelong, i was wrong. In the form we are in at present Geelong would have won by 11 goals. Hawks are no flag contenders and after last night I dont think the Saints are.

Maybe its Port who are the real chance. Maybe its the Dogs.

I knw its not us at present but it sure isn`t Hawthorn eitheir.

No way lucky to win . I saw the game and i can tell you Hawks deserved to win and Harris should be investigated for his late hits on some of the Hwks players.
North didnt have plan B or C to counter the Hawks plans .

No way lucky to win . I saw the game and i can tell you Hawks deserved to win and Harris should be investigated for his late hits on some of the Hwks players.
North didnt have plan B or C to counter the Hawks plans .

Yep that late charge on Stokes with the knee was unnecessary - mind you, no North supporter will see anythng wrong with that. If it was Lewis, you'd see 4 different threads on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that late charge on Stokes with the knee was unnecessary - mind you, no North supporter will see anythng wrong with that. If it was Lewis, you'd see 4 different threads on it.

Stokes forgot to carry on like a pork chop.

Stokes forgot to carry on like a pork chop.
I think that's why the Hawks were pretty annoyed with Pratt diving to make Lewis look the villain, as the Roos were giving out plenty of little niggles and cheap corkies and stuff like that, and then dived for Lewis, and he could get suspended.

Its poor when you are using one tactic like niggling, then diving and making him look like a victim, when they are starting a lot of it. Brown's spray towards Pratt was pretty funny though.

Hawks did get out of jail today.

However, I think they showed that they wanted the win more.
In the last 1/4 our clearance rate increased
We ran harder
We were more desperate
We were better when we needed to be better.

I do think the Hawks wanted to win more. We are awfully out of sorts at the moment im not sure as to why, I have a feeling the KFC diet must've been implemented over the preseason...

But they are not that fantastic. They swooped on loose balls and kicked great goals from outside 50 on the boundary, but they did it under no pressure from our boys;

However considering how poorly we have played the start to this season, they should have destroyed us, even when we were on top our midfield still felt like they were performing shithouse. I don't know what is really going on at Arden St atm, I think the coach had misread the trends a bit and put the house on it thinking he had a Royal Flush only to come up with a pair and 3 of a kind...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks were lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back