Hawks were lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos aren't fit enough.

That's the difference between these two sides, right there.

A fitter Kangaroos would have won.
Hawthorn have far more talent than the roos. Roos rely on grant, harvey and simpson and still couldn't win when all 3 had good games. Those guys won't be there forever and then they are in trouble.

Flood? ____ me dead.

This thread is proof positive that the vast majority of people should be put down.

Obviously, like many other fans, you do not understand the term "Flood"

To flood is to congest a certain part of the field in order to prevent the opponets to move forward.

the Kangaroos did that today by putting their entire side into the "middle third" of the field.

A team usually floods the defence, the kangas flooded the midfield. after 30 seconds (when whats his name was takign a shot on goal) there was 3 hawthorn players in our 50, there was however, no kangaroo players

So when Hawthorn had 18 players in forward 3rd for sections of today's game, they were doing something other than flooding?

Hang on, why am I replying to you? You lose brains when you shit. Cretin.

So when Hawthorn had 18 players in forward 3rd for sections of today's game, they were doing something other than flooding?

We had a lot of players in one area, yes, however, I dont believe it was a tactic, more a case of players playing like u/9's (all chasing the ball).

The kangas were very disiplined in not moving from the middle third of the field.

I would have thought winning whilst playing an average game, is the sign of a pretty good side.

North on the other hand aren't going anywhere with their ugly game plan of flood, hits sides on the counter, and then when you've got a bit of a lead play a bit of tempo football by passing the ball backwards and soaking up time.

Fortune favours the brave and North aren't a brave team.
One of your few comments I can agree on. I'd happily shoot Laidley if they ever produce another 10 minutes of that crap.:thumbsdown:

Congratulations to North on their first quarter. I thought their pressure was unbelievable. As soon as a Hawthorn player got the ball they rushed to him giving him no time to act. Their tackling was great.

However they wasted their opportunities in that they should have been 7-8 goals up at quarter time.

Good teams come back from the dead and that is what Hawthorn did.

North have no-one else to blame but themselves. The radio commentators kept quoting 10 North players had 2 or less possessions in the last quarter. That is why they lost, not a couple of umpiring decisions. Lack of run? Lack of class? Lack of determination? or Hawthorn just too good... probably a bit of all the above.

Hawthorn - down most of the games, 2 man interchange bench, game in WA last week, down 17 points (or so). North should have been able to bury them.... but couldn't.

To Hawthorn's credit the players stood up when it counted.

The better team on the day won.

Gibson: "What was that for?!"

Maggot: "For holding his jumper"

Gibson: "He grabbed hold of mine first!"

Maggot: "You were both doing it."

Gibson: "Exactly! how can you pay a free to Franklin?!"

Maggot: "I don't have to explain myself to you."

/ end thread.

There was a whole thread about this; it appears to have been removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson: "What was that for?!"

Maggot: "For holding his jumper"

Gibson: "He grabbed hold of mine first!"

Maggot: "You were both doing it."

Gibson: "Exactly! how can you pay a free to Franklin?!"

Maggot: "I don't have to explain myself to you."

/ end thread.
Absolutely nothing compared to the umpiring in the last final we played.

Its part of the game.

Must have been before I got here.

Laidley, who rarely says squat about umpires, is going to Anderson over it.

From the ground, it seemed that we got crucified in the first quarter.

Good win anyway - last year we would have lost that match.

Haha bitter much?

Why does this seem to be the stock standard Hawthorn supporter approach?

Bitter much? About what?

A late come from behind victory in round three (like last year, only last year wasn't come from behind). Yet, Hawthorn are so talented and North are battlers. So what happened before the Buddy free kickathon in the last 15 minutes?

Actually I apologise. You did have the lead for 32 seconds prior to that sometime in the third quarter. :)

Why does this seem to be the stock standard Hawthorn supporter approach?

Bitter much? About what?

A late come from behind victory in round three (like last year, only last year wasn't come from behind). Yet, Hawthorn are so talented and North are battlers. So what happened before the Buddy free kickathon in the last 15 minutes?

Actually I apologise. You did have the lead for 32 seconds prior to that sometime in the third quarter. :)
Well, in your post you've mentioned umpiring, the fact North were in front for longer, and what round it is, yet none of the above equates to 4 points.

Sounds fairly bitter.

So what happened before the Buddy free kickathon in the last 15 minutes?
uh...

I don't know what game you were watching, but Buddy didn't get 1 single free kick in the last 15 minutes let alone a 'free-kickathon' :rolleyes:

You may have chosen to hallucinate that rather than joining the real world in watching the your team bend over and taking it up the arse...

uh...

I don't know what game you were watching, but Buddy didn't get 1 single free kick in the last 15 minutes let alone a 'free-kickathon' :rolleyes:

You may have chosen to hallucinate that rather than joining the real world in watching the your team bend over and taking it up the arse...

I love how facts never seem to get in the way of a good post. :)

Buddy Franklin - 2 frees for, 3 frees against. "Free-kickathon"?

At least we won't have to relive the pre-season posts about how great North's Ruck stocks are.
You take McIntosh out of the equation and the ruck area looks pretty ordinary. Hale, does he even try?

As for the free kick count 30 to North - 15 to Hawks in last years semi-final loss. That's why Laidley was whinging. North can only win when they get a free ride. Early in the game yesterday, they get more free kicks, they lead the game. Umpires stop handing out charity, Hawks come back and win.

The difference between the teams over the past couple of seasons has changed, Hawthorn are getting better and better, Kanga's are struggling to tread water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks were lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back