No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The relative silence around Worpel's second season is quite extraordinary. Doesn't fit the Hawthorn have no future because they don't stockpile early draft lottery tickets narrative the Melbourne media likes to peddle.
Teams like Carlton tank to draft a player of his ilk. One less game and then Worps is going head to head with Walsh for the Rising Star. Difference is that we didn’t have to be a shit club to get our star but surely a lot of the kudos in his development has to go to Sammy Mitchell who’s clearly made a difference.

I don't think we have to wait 40 days to know for sure.
I think it will be half that and we will know on Tuesday Sept 10.

This assumes GWS play and lose their first final on Sept 7 or 8.
I have them playing the Doggies again who just last week gave them a footy lesson.
Then it is Mad Monday and player reviews and Cogs delivers the news.

Karl Amon linked with Carlton and North.

I was all against this earlier this year when he was linked with us (and last year too) - but I wasn't impressed with Impey signing and he's been a revelation. Amon has taken the next step this season and is a very skillful player, I wouldn't be against us making a move for him.

I was all against this earlier this year when he was linked with us (and last year too) - but I wasn't impressed with Impey signing and he's been a revelation. Amon has taken the next step this season and is a very skillful player, I wouldn't be against us making a move for him.

Definitely think Hawks could do with another player with pace and run. Hence, I guess why we've been linked to Amon and Cedric Cox.

Of the two, I'd actually prefer Cox. He's a bit bigger and is very good defensively. He's younger and less experienced, so think we could actually get him for cheaper too.

Definitely think Hawks could do with another player with pace and run. Hence, I guess why we've been linked to Amon and Cedric Cox.

Of the two, I'd actually prefer Cox. He's a bit bigger and is very good defensively. He's younger and less experienced, so think we could actually get him for cheaper too.
We should be aiming for both IMO

We obviously saw something in Amon, which came to fruition this year... no doubt Port will try and drive a hard bargain, which might be why Cox is on our radar instead.

It’s interesting that us and St Kilda were connected to him last year and both have other much bigger things on the agenda at the moment, which is probably why North and the Blues are skywriting their interest early as they always do!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you guys need to log out if you’re going to need R&L and Nash to give you daily updates.

Nash has already laid everything out on the table and told you to wait, there is nothing more to add.

R&L is a fanatic Hawk, he’s not posting “then there were two” if Hawthorn are not one of them.

So, please don’t badger posters for more info or detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back