List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringing in Scully, Chad and Scrimshaw and keeping Burton. That's where we are at for those just tuning in.

I find this Essendon interest in Scully disturbing. I hope Scully trade gets done first thing Monday so we can all move along with our lives.

My mail was that it was done to Dons until Shiel came up. Then they backflipped on Scully so he came to us.

I shit you not.

If what I’m hearing is true, then we have a lot of work to do.
All three clubs want future picks from us.
GWS want future 2nd for Scully deal
GC want future 3rd for Scrimshaw
PAFC want future 1st part of Chad deal.
The rules stipulate that you cannot trade more than 1 future trade per year.
Looking at that, we MUST convince GC to a straight swap with Lovell/Cousins type.
And it also makes sense why Burton name come up, so we don’t trade future second and thus miss out on Scully.
Does that rule out pick swaps too? Theoretically can we trade our future first and then trade our future second out for a future third/fourth?

Is there anything credible about Essendon trying to sneak in on Scully? It’s getting constant internet attention but nothing in the press. Is it just paranoia borne out of the Shiel situation or legit?
Credible? Nothing really.

There was a tweet saying that Essendon were all over Scully initially, but that was due to Hawthorn being the short priced favourite to land Shiel.

For all the crap he cops here Tony Sheahan was all over us pulling out of the Shiel chase 24 hours before the Shiel
announcement, and even he has no intel on Essendon chasing both, choosing instead to say “Anything’s possible. I know Scully refused to talk to a few clubs because he’s keen on Hawthorn but I would never discount Essendon or Dodoro” when asked about the possibility of the two ending up there.

So, nothing concrete, and besides GWS want 2x first rounders for Shiel alone.

Considering the silence from journos on this supposed play to get both and the reports that Scully would be going to Hawthorn for a latish Pick, I will not be surprised if we lodge the paperwork tomorrow morning.

Hird was involved. Of course.

Slobbo pulling himself here.
Ha! A bloody two page spread on “how a guy picked my club, after the favourite pulled out of the race”. Fantastic work by the Drunk.

I think the 1st thing that we need to find out is what is happening with Burton. Hopefully he comes out and says in Tim Kelly fashion that he has no interest whatsoever in playing for the Power. That way GW can then go back to them with something else (ie pick 15 & 2019 1st). Then we can use a pick 53 on Scully.

Any other deals after getting those 2 on board will be icing on the cake.

Credible? Nothing really.

There was a tweet saying that Essendon were all over Scully initially, but that was due to Hawthorn being the short priced favourite to land Shiel.

For all the crap he cops here Tony Sheahan was all over us pulling out of the Shiel chase 24 hours before the Shiel
announcement, and even he has no intel on Essendon chasing both, choosing instead to say “Anything’s possible. I know Scully refused to talk to a few clubs because he’s keen on Hawthorn but I would never discount Essendon or Dodoro” when asked about the possibility of the two ending up there.

So, nothing concrete, and besides GWS want 2x first rounders for Shiel alone.

Considering the silence from journos on this supposed play to get both and the reports that Scully would be going to Hawthorn for a latish Pick, I will not be surprised if we lodge the paperwork tomorrow morning.
Sheahans been on the money and was saying Wingard and Scully to Hawthorn before the trade period even started.
Shiel has been hard to read throughout I don’t think anyone’s mail had him going to Essendon until late.

He left the most important part out then!
Essdon 6m over 6 yrs
Hawthorn 3m over 4 yrs.
Essdon suck shit!!!

And the photo of him typing the article with nothin but his no 5 dufflecoat on.

I reckon he could’ve mentioned Hird a few more times...he’ll never give up trying to rebuild his image, it really is love.
Very amusing.

While Tony Sheahan has had some notable misses, I reckon he cops it a lot more for his delicate ego than news accuracy. He’s actually been first to the punch with quite a few Hawks-related trade stories - Buddy to swans, Lewis being traded, Bombers coming late for Shiel, Wingard to select us.

This bombers late play for Scully seems to be more paranoia than based on anything - though if he is available for only a third rounder, the paranoia is not unjustified. Loser clubs will come knocking. I would be more comfortable if Scully or his management actually nominated us.

Anyway let’s hope we can close our deals soon

I said at start of trade period my dream scenario was Gaff and Wingard - a runner and a matchwinner / clearance gun. If we get Scully instead Gaff for a third rounder that’s almost as good. Terrific business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel and Scully will cost 1.5m.
If dons had cap space then they wouldn’t have dropped Scully interest to get to Shiel. They would have gone to gws straight away for a double deal.
Since then, Scully has been at HFC HQ, meeting with clarko and a medical.
I’m hearing though, that gws May have asked for two picks. 53 and future 2nd.
Which is fair enough.

Happy to take Scully, but won't lose sleep if we miss out. Gets plenty of the ball but his disposal worries me (got the Hartung's about him). Kelly is the one I want. When's he out of contract?
Scully is so far removed from Billy it’s not funny.

If we get him and his ankle is good to go we get the best two way runner in the game.

He is absolutely elite in his running ability and also tackles very well, his foot skills are pretty sharp from memory.

Shiel and Scully will cost 1.5m.
If dons had cap space then they wouldn’t have dropped Scully interest to get to Shiel. They would have gone to gws straight away for a double deal.
Since then, Scully has been at HFC HQ, meeting with clarko and a medical.
I’m hearing though, that gws May have asked for two picks. 53 and future 2nd.
Which is fair enough.
If we are confident in his ankle, then I would not be against pick 53 and a future 2nd.

If he has made a full recovery and we snare him, I salivate at the thought of him and Smith on the wings absolutely running their opponents into the ground.

Jake Niall says Scully will be a hawk, Mark Stevens says Scully will be a hawk, and (okay not the most credible, but he did break us being into him months ago) Tom Browne says Scully will be a hawk.

Scully will be a hawk.
I agree. However until we hear it from Tom or his management, I'll still have a small doubt

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If what I’m hearing is true, then we have a lot of work to do.
All three clubs want future picks from us.
GWS want future 2nd for Scully deal
GC want future 3rd for Scrimshaw
PAFC want future 1st part of Chad deal.
The rules stipulate that you cannot trade more than 1 future trade per year.
Looking at that, we MUST convince GC to a straight swap with Lovell/Cousins type.
And it also makes sense why Burton name come up, so we don’t trade future second and thus miss out on Scully.
Or we just trade our current 2nd for another sides future 2nd and pass it on. But by all reports this is the draft to load up on not next.

Or we just trade our current 2nd for another sides future 2nd and pass it on. But by all reports this is the draft to load up on not next.

Wouldn't count Jon Ceglar out of discussions regarding second round picks. With Tom Hickey heading west for pick 39, surely we're getting something around the 30-35 range in either this or next years draft. Has been pictured a lot with Kangaroo players this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back