News Hawthorn and Skechers sign on for 2023 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Sketchers would be loving the sponsorship, wonder which sponsor will sign up in the off season. "Cool" brand with a young team can partner with a lot of different companies now.

Would love for us to double down on the merch sales, its been great this year to

Sketchers would be loving the sponsorship, wonder which sponsor will sign up in the off season. "Cool" brand with a young team can partner with a lot of different companies now.

Would love for us to double down on the merch sales, its been great this year to
The young personalities we have at the club right now are very marketable I’d imagine we’d have a few sponsors including ones not currently involved knocking on our door wanting in .

The young personalities we have at the club right now are very marketable I’d imagine we’d have a few sponsors including ones not currently involved knocking on our door wanting in .
If I was nutrigrain id be giving every cent of the budget to weddle, and his a great kid to

I think the Skechers / embarassing thing is more historic. They used to be known as a bit of a joke / discount brand and still are a bit (particularly in the states). My son who's in his mid teens and obsessed with street clothing etc always makes fun of the fact we now have Skechers as our logo, and I guess prob some of our players do too.

But I think it's clear they've made a strategic move away from that old reputation. People forget that Nike was considered a bit of joke too early in the 1980s. Jordan wanted nothing to do with them originally.
Just got back from Europe. Skechers front and centre with all the big brands and the range/styles were incredible. Dublin, Bruges, Amsterdam, Dubrovnic, Zagreb and Orchard Road, Singapore. They were there.

Some of the styles of shoe probably not 'Aussie' enough to have an impact here or we exist in a fashion fishbowl? Not sure.

Yes we weren’t that good though for a few years after a dominant period in the 70s a lot of guys retired at the same time . Warragul, Morwell and Traralgon were the powerhouse clubs back then .
I lived in Sale from 1974 to 1980 as a youngster, and would go watch often...then went to live in Traralgon during their dominant period from the early 80s onwards. When Sale came to play I would go watch...don't think I saw them beat Traralgon once

If you were playing as a 17 year old in 1984, we are probably of a similar vintage.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn and Skechers sign on for 2023 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back