Remove this Banner Ad

Geeky Grub

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys,

I've noticed Hawk fans are very polarised on their view of the current clash strip. Some love it and some hate it (I'm on the hate side) Most fans seem to hate the 'Cartoon Hawk'

They one on the new Adidas Jumper looks even worse IMO!!

110829_guernsey.jpeg
201832_ADIDAS_2013_CLASH_GIBSON_1.jpeg

So.... as an illustrator that inspired me to draw my own version of the Hawk. Was wanting to know what you guys think and weather i should go ahead and colour it digitally?

It's only a liner illustration at the moment.

HawkLines.jpg

Your hawk is way better and looks more meaningful - could be used as a logo in its own right. Definitely have a go at colouring it. Dunno if it will improve the jumper concept as a whole, but as a logo it'll work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feedback appreciated, what do you guys think?
Do you have to say that every time you do something?

It's just a recolour, guys, let's not get too excited.

You have some artistic ability, that's for sure. And I think your drawing is cool. But I just think any design like this is flawed. I hate the Hawthorn clash only partly because of the lame Hawk. I don't like that it utilises a non-club colour, that it's a tacky idea, that it's bit awkward looking full stop.

I prefer traditional, simplistic jumpers. And a big Hawk, however good looking, just isn't that kind of thing I like.

If Hawthorn needed or wanted a white jumper, I'd like to see them get some consistency: White base, brown stripes, gold outlines on the stripes. Done.

You have some artistic ability, that's for sure. And I think your drawing is cool. But I just think any design like this is flawed. I hate the Hawthorn clash only partly because of the lame Hawk. I don't like that it utilises a non-club colour, that it's a tacky idea, that it's bit awkward looking full stop.

I prefer traditional, simplistic jumpers. And a big Hawk, however good looking, just isn't that kind of thing I like.

If Hawthorn needed or wanted a white jumper, I'd like to see them get some consistency: White base, brown stripes, gold outlines on the stripes. Done.
Like this?
h.png

And yeah, TP14. I agree. It couldve done with a bit more work...

This is a big improvement on the current design. It's strong and imposing - fantastic work.

Might still be a bit busy for a jumper but it's going in the right direction. Making it symmetrical adds balance. The shading blocks are bold and catch the eye from a distance, unlike the fuzzy gradient of the current design. Top stuff!

Yeah I don't get it either there's plenty of room to move with using a historical look effectively. This might not be any good but at even it's better than the current clash solution.

HawthornClash.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio Hawthorn Clash Jumper Alternative

Remove this Banner Ad

Back