Umpiring Hawthorn now the High FK Kings.

Remove this Banner Ad

your comments are the reason fans dislike the divers and arm lifters.

Nope you're just one of the sheep that just follow what others say and make an issue when there wasn't one.

I have the ball, don't touch me above the shoulder. It's very bloody simple. Yet seems so difficult for the tackler these days.

Nope you're just one of the sheep that just follow what others say and make an issue when there wasn't one.

I have the ball, don't touch me above the shoulder. It's very bloody simple. Yet seems so difficult for the tackler these days.
hmmm reckon your've never played a game of senior footy by your comments. if the ball carriers sole intention is to get a free kick that makes it prior opportunity for mine, as ramming your head under a tacklers armpit/going to ground unnecessarily is cheating.... and making a copybook tackle seem high. watson, choll and ward decisions where all wrong.

hmmm reckon your've never played a game of senior footy by your comments. if the ball carriers sole intention is to get a free kick that makes it prior opportunity for mine, as ramming your head under a tacklers armpit/going to ground unnecessarily is cheating.... and making a copybook tackle seem high. watson, choll and ward decisions where all wrong.

Ok whatever you reckon....

Your examples are all fine but thats not the issue now. Virtually every head high free kick the fans are now saying he ducked, he lead with his head when in actual reality 95% of them are head high contact.

The tacklers are now cheating also as they have been told you don't need to bend with the player with the ball, just charge in standing upright and the player with the ball will be at fault. The tackling is just laughable now.

There is a difference between lowering myself to avoid a tackle and ducking my head. I have the ball and I should be able to try and avoid your tackle. If I lower myself then you the tackler must also lower yourself to make sure you don't tackle high.

And the front on charge into a players head who is trying to pick up the ball has become a joke. Leading with his head is not what the player is doing, he is trying to pick up the ball.

My issue is the fans cannot for the life of them now see a head high free kick, they think every one of them is the player with the ball or making the ball their priority fault.

I just can't understand how we got here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring Hawthorn now the High FK Kings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back