Hawthorn Premiership Side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mojo

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just a bit of fun! Please dont post comments saying.. 'what a stupid thread, focus on the side we have now, stop looking into the future! blah blah!

Possible Line up:

Gilham Croad Brown - Ladson, Smith
Muston Dawson Birchall

Bailey Mitchell Hodge - Campbell, Taylor, Mcglynn, Vadenberg, Tuck, Ellis
Lewis Crawford Sewell

Franklin Thorpe Dowler - Young, Bateman, Osborne, Renouf
Roughead Williams Boyle

Extras: Kennedy, Moss, Smith, Dixon, Jacobs, Guerra, Clark

As you can see ive listed about a dozen to many players, however the set players are on the field, the others ill leave up to you to put in your team!

Interested to know what ppl think will be the team that has the best chance of getting Hawthorn to a grand final?
Enjoy! :)

^ thats pretty right, id move renouf to the backline, dowler off for maybe ellis. btw you have smith twice, i dont know if we'd still have smith and vanders come premiership time. ive got a feeling that we might not exceed this year's result next year but just get alot more experience into the younger guys and then in '09 ( which i reckon we def. be top 2)smith and vanders could be gone altogether, and probably out of the 22. plus throw in murphy to the extras

Brown Dawson Birchall
Ladson Croad Ellis
Muston Mitchell Franklin
Bateman Boyle Dowler
Thorp Roughead Williams
Campbell Hodge Sewell

Not sure who ive left out...

Brown Gilham X/Dowler
Birchall Croad Ellis
Young Mitchell Muston
Franlin Throp Boyle
Roughhead Williams X/Osborne

Bailey Hodge Lewis

In- McGlynn Bateman Sewell Renough

EM
Jacobs Tuck Kennedy

FB: Brown Gilham Jacobs
HB: Ladson Croad Hodge
C: Crawford Lewis Bateman
HF: Franklin Boyle Vandenberg
FF: Osborne Roughead Dixon
R: Campbell Mitchell Sewell
I: Taylor Birchall McGlynn Ellis

A bit of fun why not.

Brown Gilham Ladson

Birchell Croad Tuck

Muston Mitchell Bateman

Lewis Thorp Hodge

William Roughead Franklin

Bailey Sewell Crawford

Interchange
Renouth McGwyn Ellis Smith

Emergency
Taylor Young Moss Kennedy Cambell

Biggest change from current Team is the Rucking area. Cambell and Taylor are very good 2nd string rucks but struggle up against the better AFL number one rucks. For the club to take the next step I hope that Bails and Renouth can be the next big things for the club.

Gee the clubs improved so much lets hope we can still go forward

We might be a better chance in 2007 than in 2008 and 2009 - injuries etc.

What will be the r22 team ?

I agree. Next year won't be as 'easy' as this year.

FB: Brown Gilham Jacobs
HB: Ladson Croad Hodge
C: Crawford Lewis Bateman
HF: Franklin Boyle Vandenberg
FF: Osborne Roughead Dixon
R: Campbell Mitchell Sewell
I: Taylor Birchall McGlynn Ellis

On the assumption Jeff K is correct in his prediction we will win the 2009 premiership, I say the following players from our senior list will not play in that side......Vanders, Smith, Jacobs, Croad, Crawford, Dixon, Clarke, Guerra, Little, Murphy.

That is over 25% of the current list. I am saying none of those players will be in our best 22 by end 2009. Some will obviously will be gone due to age and the others will be over taken by the development of other players.you can speculate about others but these are te obvious ones. I don't know about Moss, Tuck, Kennedy, Renouf, Morton etc and for the moment I assume they will develop and may make it.

That is a massive chunk of the current playing group that are "now" players and not "future" players.

On the assumption Jeff K is correct in his prediction we will win the 2009 premiership, I say the following players from our senior list will not play in that side......Vanders, Smith, Jacobs, Croad, Crawford, Dixon, Clarke, Guerra, Little, Murphy.

That is over 25% of the current list. I am saying none of those players will be in our best 22 by end 2009. Some will obviously will be gone due to age and the others will be over taken by the development of other players.you can speculate about others but these are te obvious ones. I don't know about Moss, Tuck, Kennedy, Renouf, Morton etc and for the moment I assume they will develop and may make it.

That is a massive chunk of the current playing group that are "now" players and not "future" players.

Agree with most of what you said, except for Croad, and MAYBE clark and Guerra, Croad is only 27 and has at least 3 more good years left in him!

We could just as easily be rueing the lost opportunity in 2007. Sieze the day boys - get the banners and amplifiers down to waverely. Do IT !

You have just blown the 'young team' fallacy to bits. Its a young list but the best 22 (while they remain reltively injury free) are a match for most of the competition

2nd/3rd on the ladder is no fluke after r15/16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown Croad Gilham
Birchall Thorp Kennedy
Tuck Mitchell Muston
Franklin Dowler Crawford
Roughead Williams Boyle

Bailey Hodge Lewis

In- McGlynn Bateman Ellis Campbell

God that was hard.

Brown Croad Jacobs
Ladson Thorp Gilham