News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many non-indigenous players have copped the same treatment though?

It comes back to being a giant douche or a turd sandwhich

Not sure if you cross-quoted there MM. Are you asking about Clarko's treatment of players? He was like this with anyone (everyone!) - I don't think "racism" was ever part of his issue. His way was absolute 100% commitment to club, to on-field success and I believe these claims have shown his lack of awareness/compassion towards individual's personal lives.

If it was about my post, I believe we moved away from recruiting players with any sort of off-field issues. Giving up talent to pick the 'clean skin' - safe picks that won't have similar off-field issues. So many private school boys with good upbringings, good family connections.

Players that cannot be trusted to appear at official functions, to present to training, to maintain appropriate levels of professionalism - just won't (don't?) get drafted anymore - or at least until their talent undeniably exceeds the alternate options.

This hasn't seemed to get the Do Better Report levels though... when does the industry properly go for it? General question, not at you CHUBBSS.
Reports are good, case law is everything though. Industry and companies make sure to move swiftly if there are costs from poor management. Clubs are moving from old world to new world now and I wouldn’t be suprised to see more workplace cases on the rise as AFL clubs seemed to have skirted the footy club to corporate world, but at the end of the day they are still an employer.

Reports tend to get forgotten on top of all the other reports unless it’s mandated guidelines which are then governed.

Does everyone want Clarko Burt and Fagan to have their say in court or would most prefer Hawthorn settle financially and move on.

I mean Burt came out and said the Binmada report was a disgrace.

Clarko and Fagan have said multiple times they are looking for their chance to tell there stories.

Does everyone want Clarko Burt and Fagan to have their say in court or would most prefer Hawthorn settle financially and move on.

Clarko and Fagan have said multiple times they are looking for their chance to tell there stories.

I would absolutely be keen to hear their side of the story - that goes for all parties.

Jake Niall who's been covering this extensively said today that people should be very circumspect about drawing any conclusions based on what's been presented in the court documents.

Most of it is disputed, and a lot questions still to be answered.

Given that, I reckon we'll be hearing it played out in court.

It's the internet. If you were looking for civilised discourse then you came to the wrong place.

Someone went rogue on the main board a few days ago and a load of threads from 2000(the year I joined BF!) found their way to the first page, I'd forgotten how back in those days posters from opposing clubs would have polite and friendly discourse that was far more respectful than supporters of the same club can manage now.

I don't have any great memory that 2000 was a kinder and more polite world than now, maybe it was, probably though, in early days internet people just interacted as they would in real-life, the sense of anonymity and being able to get away with things hadn't permeated the collective consciousness.

Admittedly there was a sense of optimism for humanity at that time that seems unimaginably naive today.

Whatever, there's no doubt something has been lost and we're all poorer for it. I say that as one of the most cynical and nihilistic people you could ever hope not to meet.

I’d be very interested to hear what Clarko has to say now its all been spilled out in court. Surely he had to respond. What’s been levelled against him just sounds shocking and he’ll be living that right now.
If its just the club defending and paying compensation then it’s an admission that he actually did this as stated. If he doesn’t give his side of the story ( whatever that might be ) then his role in coaching looks untenable.
The guitar story is just his way of gas-lighting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone went rogue on the main board a few days ago and a load of threads from 2000(the year I joined BF!) found their way to the first page, I'd forgotten how back in those days posters from opposing clubs would have polite and friendly discourse that was far more respectful than supporters of the same club can manage now.

I don't have any great memory that 2000 was a kinder and more polite world than now, maybe it was, probably though, in early days internet people just interacted as they would in real-life, the sense of anonymity and being able to get away with things hadn't permeated the collective consciousness.

Admittedly there was a sense of optimism for humanity at that time that seems unimaginably naive today.

Whatever, there's no doubt something has been lost and we're all poorer for it. I say that as one of the most cynical and nihilistic people you could ever hope not to meet.

Oh I have been online since 1996 and there has always been just the utter worst of humanity on show since day one from what I can remember. Possibly this was a softer, kinder place back then though.

I’d be very interested to hear what Clarko has to say now its all been spilled out in court. Surely he had to respond. What’s been levelled against him just sounds shocking and he’ll be living that right now.
If its just the club defending and paying compensation then it’s an admission that he actually did this as stated. If he doesn’t give his side of the story ( whatever that might be ) then his role in coaching looks untenable.
The guitar story is just his way of gas-lighting
HFC will respond to these statements of claims.
I imagine the majority of the defense will be denial of all claims, but we’ll see.
I can see it boiling down to HFC’s word, ie Clarko, against mine type of scenario.
No winners as far as i can see.

Reports are good, case law is everything though. Industry and companies make sure to move swiftly if there are costs from poor management. Clubs are moving from old world to new world now and I wouldn’t be suprised to see more workplace cases on the rise as AFL clubs seemed to have skirted the footy club to corporate world, but at the end of the day they are still an employer.

Reports tend to get forgotten on top of all the other reports unless it’s mandated guidelines which are then governed.
This case and the AFL is disproportionately magnified. More eyeballs following the better so it educates along the way.

Things like RAPS need to be in place. Regularly reviewed.

Yet they didn’t even speak to the AFL when they put on their sham investigation.

Did they go through the mediation fully? They would have spoken then, but privately.

Am I right to assume that obviously the players didn’t like what they heard?

Jake Niall who's been covering this extensively said today that people should be very circumspect about drawing any conclusions based on what's been presented in the court documents.

Most of it is disputed, and a lot questions still to be answered.

Given that, I reckon we'll be hearing it played out in court.
Do you have a link Mercy Seat?

I would say that the club has indeed improved in this area based on how they tried to look after Brocky when he was here.

The elephant in the room here however is the fact that since JML was drafted and a lot of the guts of these accusations occurred, we have only drafted one indigenous player. That's one indigenous player in 10 years. I'm guessing that wouldn't stack up particularly well against the rest of the league.
Lovell, Brockman and Walker were all drafted after JML plus the players traded in?

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back