Hawthorn vs West Coast - who finishes higher on 2016 ladder by years end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 4 is all that matters. From there its the team that best handles finals pressure.

Draw will have a big influence on ladder position. Expect Hawthorn to play away against all the interstate sides. Home games against the rubbish sides.

Swans will get the softest draw of the top 5 team - by a mile. The AFL needs them in a Prelim at least.

If we were still the darlings of the AFL then why would they put the ridiculous trade ban on us which has effective stuffed our ability to refresh the list? Either way the only good thing to come out of the season is that we did finish fifth and might get a better run in the fixture.

To the original question...I still think Hawthorn. West Coast have been excellent this year but maintaining that competitive edge over numerous seasons is a big ask. They'll be there abouts but Hawthorn are still a beast of a team.

If we were still the darlings of the AFL then why would they put the ridiculous trade ban on us which has effective stuffed our ability to refresh the list? Either way the only good thing to come out of the season is that we did finish fifth and might get a better run in the fixture.

To the original question...I still think Hawthorn. West Coast have been excellent this year but maintaining that competitive edge over numerous seasons is a big ask. They'll be there abouts but Hawthorn are still a beast of a team.

I guess we see how powerful Gil is. In theory the AFL Commission has zero input on the Draw, while they did have a lot to do with the trading / COLA restrictions.

Gil would like bonuses, which means having Sydney do well.

You might want to revisit the 2014 ladder and our 2015 draw and stop pretending otherwise. 2015 WCE had a soft draw.

Actually like you to get a 2013 Hawthorn draw where the first 7 weeks are against the previous year's top 8.
So we got an easy 2015 draw and you got a tough one because of 2014 results? Were we playing these teams in 2014?

It looked like an easy draw based on 2014 results, but based on the 2015 ladder (you know, the games we actually played), Eagles had the sixth toughest draw in 2015 according to Fox Sports while Hawthorn had the 16th toughest. There are good reasons why the Eagles might rise or fall next year, but the draw ain't one of them and Hawthorn fans, of all people, shouldn't be playing that card.

Eagles should finish higher, they finished second this year, have improved their list, I expect Hawthorn to fall slightly (fifth?) after losing some key players. But we expect that every year, so I won't be surprised if they are still there and abouts.

Won't help you if the Eagles finish 9th!

This is like saying that WC and Hawthorn will finish higher than each other. If the Eagles finish 9th - higher than Hawthorn - how can Hawthorn then finish ahead of the Eagles after the finals?

West Coast drawn against higher placed teams will finish at least 3-4 spots down the ladder from Hawthorn.
Did you not read any of the posts above you?

You might want to revisit the 2014 ladder and our 2015 draw and stop pretending otherwise. 2015 WCE had a soft draw.

Actually like you to get a 2013 Hawthorn draw where the first 7 weeks are against the previous year's top 8.
Who cares about the 2014 ladder? Geelong, essendon and port were rubbish this year. If 2015 wce had a soft draw then what did hawthorn have? In the home and away season, Hawthorn had 8 games against top 8 sides, West coast had 10, we played 5 top 8 sides away, you played 4.

. West Coast probably won't get as many home games next year .

What are you on about. WCE always gets the same amount of home games each season which is 11 + a derby. That won't change.

The draw that WCE had in the second half of the season was brutal but they passed with flying colours. (Only losing to Adel and Hawthorn and drawing with GC)

I think both teams will be in the Top 4 again. Who finishes top well that depends whos hungrier

I'm not confident in WCE's trade results.

We've lost two of our most experienced midfielder types (and in previous years two of our most consistent performers), and our current 2nd choice ruckman. On the reverse we've received Redden (who is basically a straight swap for Selwood), Jetta (a little soft and can go missing) and a few underwhelming picks in return.

Fair enough, Scooter and Rosa's best football may be behind them (and it may loosen a little cap space and pave the way for the likes of Sheed and Duggan), and also won't win you premierships, and we have received some slightly younger players in return, but they are the sort of exits which could bite a short flag opportunity in the ass.

I guess I'm just annoyed at the exits of players I always loved. Redden is one of my favourite players in the AFL, and landing Jetta after what transpired in the 2009 draft is cool (similar to what happened with Bennell in 2008).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** people need to stop whinging about the fixture. until we go EPL style (never) it'll always be inequitable so just get the **** over it. we don't even know how (supposedly) hard/easy a draw is until almost the end of that season. eagles got an easy draw? that's because they finished down the ladder in 2014. so what? eagles got a hard draw because crap teams from 2014 improved? how is that meant to be factored in in advance? well done eagles. hawks got an easy draw because we played port & essendon twice? well **** me if we didn't lose 3 of those 4 games. on paper when the 2015 fixture was drawn up, it looked like a tough draw for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn vs West Coast - who finishes higher on 2016 ladder by years end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back