Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
richmond supporters have always been the most romantic afl fans

Loving their club like a mother loves their child

This kind of love is the only thing that endures the 37 years of hell we had to suffer

2 finals seasons in 35 years makes you bitter, twisted even , but yet we still showed up , overrating our b+grade heroes , believing Wayne Campbell was Micheal Voss Tony free was Joel selwood. We were deluded. But this delusion was necessary to keep our love alive .

I personally had given up on ever seeing a flag , it was like a middle aged man looking at himself in the mirror and knowing the days of a sick pack were never going to happen . It was kind of depressing acceptance of your lot in life, a kinda wierd comfort in your melancholy your mediocrity

Then Something extraordinary happened , the kinda miracle that never happens to us . Like buddy Franklin falling into your lap , but of course much much better

Thinking of the great man playing his 300th game this week Makes me emotional

I am not ashamed of it either

No one has given me and my family the joy and pride he has given .

He is the goat and Idgaf what anyone thinks

I love him and I always will

He is to afl what Michael Jordan is to basketball , and he has been ours .

That’s a glitch in the matrix and for me the only conclusive proof that there really is a god .

dusty you are the greatest ever , and what a ride you have given us

Thank you

Was just watching some highlights. 20 & 4 in b2b grand finals is absolutely wild 😂😂

One of which the quarters were time reduced by 20%
He dominated in high pressure finals against the best of the best. Didn't sit back across half back getting cheap one twos to pad out his stats. 20 is why he's the finals goat. I thought we were gone and he just tore Geelong apart.

His finals numbers are ridiculous. I doubt I'll ever see a footballer as good him again.

Was just watching some highlights. 20 & 4 in b2b grand finals is absolutely wild 😂😂

One of which the quarters were time reduced by 20%
That’s why he is the goat

If he played for Geelong he would have 15 aa jumpers in 14 seasons but no one gaf

Dominating in games that matter make him the goat , jordanesk

It’s never happened in history and will never happen in the future either

3 norm smiths make him stand alone

The greatest and he was ours

What a trip

Saturday is going to be awesome! Cannot wait. Reckon the Tiger army will be up and about for this one
Cannot wait when the drums start beating and the banner goes up. It's going to epic. Hawks are gonna feel intimidated by noise of the Tiger Army I reckon. I know I'll be going off my head when Dusty runs out.

Dusty.
Putting that pretender danger on his ass to put the cream on another norm smith grand final win.
Bloke is the ultimate when it comes to class, power, precision and most of all humble.
So many moments you could reference but we’d be here all day, if next week is his last, so be it, I’m fully with the OP, completely resigned to believing we’d never win one, dusty along with cotch j 🐀 rance dimma gale Peggy and so many others changed it all for us.

And we should never again settle for being down that long again.

Long live the king

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richmond supporters have always been the most romantic afl fans

Loving their club like a mother loves their child

This kind of love is the only thing that endures the 37 years of hell we had to suffer

2 finals seasons in 35 years makes you bitter, twisted even , but yet we still showed up , overrating our b+grade heroes , believing Wayne Campbell was Micheal Voss Tony free was Joel selwood. We were deluded. But this delusion was necessary to keep our love alive .

I personally had given up on ever seeing a flag , it was like a middle aged man looking at himself in the mirror and knowing the days of a sick pack were never going to happen . It was kind of depressing acceptance of your lot in life, a kinda wierd comfort in your melancholy your mediocrity

Then Something extraordinary happened , the kinda miracle that never happens to us . Like buddy Franklin falling into your lap , but of course much much better

Thinking of the great man playing his 300th game this week Makes me emotional

I am not ashamed of it either

No one has given me and my family the joy and pride he has given .

He is the goat and Idgaf what anyone thinks

I love him and I always will

He is to afl what Michael Jordan is to basketball , and he has been ours .

That’s a glitch in the matrix and for me the only conclusive proof that there really is a god .

dusty you are the greatest ever , and what a ride you have given us

Thank you
This is the most beautiful post ever. I was always teased for following Richmond and resigned to thinking flags just don’t happen to us.
Dustin is the GOAT and I love that others here think the same. My dad says he is the GOAT and he has watched RFC since the 60s.
Who else is better? He is better than Carey. Carey kicked 1 goal in 96 GF and 2 in 99 GF. Judd is famous for never kicking goals. And Ablett kicked 1 goal in 2007 and zero in 2011.
Dusty 2x 2017 1x 2019 and he gave lots away and 4x 2020
There are but a handful of forwards that have kicked 4 or more in a GF, let alone a mid.
Dustin is the GOAT and I doubt I will ever see a greater footballer than him in my life. I hope he knows that we all love him and he understands all the joy he has given us supporters. He has allowed us the believe in our club again. I feel his greatness is still not nearly as appreciated as it should be.

Yep I agree he’s a glitch.

He is the only player I’ve come across that in order to not rate him you have to not care about finals or GFs. Which a surprisingly large amount of people do on the main board. I assume to cope.

When Richmond were shit I used to care about AA/Brownlows/B&Fs a lot more than now (mainly because that’s all we had a chance of winning).

But after seeing 3x NS and 3x Finals MVPs resulting in a dynasty you actually realise they mean sweet f all.

So I think Dusty has made me into a better sports fan in general as he (and Richmond) made me realise finals are what sport is about not H&A which is just a qualifier.

THANK YOU DUSTY!!!

Having seen the Richmond sides of the 60's onwards, I had always thought Royce was the best Tiger I had seen. But along comes Dusty, and by 2019 I had changed my mind. Not only is he the best tiger, but the GOAT.
We have been so blessed to witness the greatness of this bloke. Who gives a rats how the supporters of other sides, or the media see things. He is and always will be the GOAT.

This is the most beautiful post ever. I was always teased for following Richmond and resigned to thinking flags just don’t happen to us.
Dustin is the GOAT and I love that others here think the same. My dad says he is the GOAT and he has watched RFC since the 60s.
Who else is better? He is better than Carey. Carey kicked 1 goal in 96 GF and 2 in 99 GF. Judd is famous for never kicking goals. And Ablett kicked 1 goal in 2007 and zero in 2011.
Dusty 2x 2017 1x 2019 and he gave lots away and 4x 2020
There are but a handful of forwards that have kicked 4 or more in a GF, let alone a mid.
Dustin is the GOAT and I doubt I will ever see a greater footballer than him in my life. I hope he knows that we all love him and he understands all the joy he has given us supporters. He has allowed us the believe in our club again. I feel his greatness is still not nearly as appreciated as it should be.
Ummm... you may want to re-watch the 2019 GF again. Dusty kicked 4. One in each quarter.

Saturday is going to be awesome! Cannot wait. Reckon the Tiger army will be up and about for this one
Picked the wrong week in November last year for my annual footy/golf trip with 3 mates😔 So pissed off that I’m going to miss the great man’s 300th. But I’ll be watching and cheering from Qld

Picked the wrong week in November last year for my annual footy/golf trip with 3 mates😔 So pissed off that I’m going to miss the great man’s 300th. But I’ll be watching and cheering from Qld
I'm going to struggle to make it as well but I'm trying to get out of something. I want the Dusty beanie though and you can only get it at the ground . I need to work something out.

I'm going to struggle to make it as well but I'm trying to get out of something. I want the Dusty beanie though and you can only get it at the ground . I need to work something out.
should get it door dashed

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a glitch in the matrix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back