He was a glitch in the matrix

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a think about this ….

In 2017/19/20, Richmond went on multiple long winning streaks including finals for each flag…. There were 35 x wins Martin played in including finals from around the bye onwards each year.

Martin got 242 coaches votes in those 35 x wins which culminated in flags at an average of 6.91 per game.

For context, Heeney this season is part of a truly dominant team and is on fire. He is averaging 6.67 coaches votes per game.

So Martin played at a level beyond what Heeney has done this season in 35 wins across 3 x separate flag winning seasons INCLUDING finals and Grand Finals. It’s absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dusty arrived at Richmond when things were at there worse and gave the fans a glimmer of hope, slowly that hope grew into belief even when things were bad in 2016, there was still hope that if we got things right off the field Dusty would be part of the group that would lead us to the promised land.

Dusty didn't just lead us there, he knocked down the gates and allowed us to set up residence for 4 years, something that many of us never thought we'd ever get to see again.

Now in the twilight years of his career, it's great to see him so engaged in the future success of the club. He spends plenty of time showing leadership on the field, yet is questioned by muppets in the media as to whether he can be a leader to fill the void left by Jack and Trent.

I've read some people say that Martin isn't a heart and soul player, but I believe differently. His buying in back in 2017 was the final piece of the puzzle that we needed to get over the hump and when he put the team on his back during that first run it gave everyone belief that we could achieve the impossible and then he capped it off in the most dominant manner possible.

On Saturday afternoon I'm going to take up my spot in the Shane Warne Stand behind the Punt Road goals and take in another Martin performance because there may not be many left and it's been a pleasure and privilege to be able to watch him do it 300 times.

Thanks Ralph 😜

A Manager that does his job ... it was nice work ... These bids are rubbish though ... it cost me more for a table at the Presidents Lunch this week
Still 5 days too go with the auctions.
Be interesting what his match day jumper will go for.

So proud to be a tiger this morning

92k fans turned up to pay respect to the goat

No other fan base could do that

so happy to see dusty feel the love and acknowledge the fans

Thought jack let himself down , he did not have the experience to handle that situation . Abbey would have done a better job just shutting up and letting dusty and his emotions come out

Regardless what a tribute to the goat

I had a double hernia 2 days before but still made it to the game , I am sure there are many similar stories . It was a game that could not be missed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back