He was a glitch in the matrix

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty.
Putting that pretender danger on his ass to put the cream on another norm smith grand final win.
Bloke is the ultimate when it comes to class, power, precision and most of all humble.
So many moments you could reference but we’d be here all day, if next week is his last, so be it, I’m fully with the OP, completely resigned to believing we’d never win one, dusty along with cotch j 🐀 rance dimma gale Peggy and so many others changed it all for us.

And we should never again settle for being down that long again.

Long live the king
How long would you say it is okay to go down for?

as well as the being the goat, dusty is also the goat as far as loyalty

Turned his back on an extra $2m in earnings in 2017

#dontargue
Didn't you swallow the Ralph Carr spin... his contract ended up being nearly $2 million more than we originally offered ... and Ralph did that by leveraging offers from North when he was never leaving ... his career would have turned out like Gary Ablett Jnr if he had gone there ... irrelevant

Love Dusty but he didn't turn his back on 2M ... he got 2M more to play where he wanted

Didn't you swallow the Ralph Carr spin... his contract ended up being nearly $2 million more than we originally offered ... and Ralph did that by leveraging offers from North when he was never leaving ... his career would have turned out like Gary Ablett Jnr if he had gone there ... irrelevant

Love Dusty but he didn't turn his back on 2M ... he got 2M more to play where he wanted

you are a goose, go to the geelong board and spruik this rubbish, they will lap it up

you are a goose, go to the geelong board and spruik this rubbish, they will lap it up
It's not rubbish ... his Manager knew that it was better for his career to stay at a club with a big supporter base ... he did his job and got the maximum money from Richmond by getting an offer from North ... then did the PR so we loved Dusty for it

I love Dusty ... best memories with my children are with him ... I am a Richmond local and get the opportunity to 'hang' from time to time ... and he is loyal as ... was never leaving ... so didn't leave any money on the table ... he got MAX to be where he wanted ...

I'm going to struggle to make it as well but I'm trying to get out of something. I want the Dusty beanie though and you can only get it at the ground . I need to work something out.
Where'd you see this?

you are guessing and you are guessing wrong....give yourself an uppercut and go and have a lie down. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the most beautiful post ever. I was always teased for following Richmond and resigned to thinking flags just don’t happen to us.
Dustin is the GOAT and I love that others here think the same. My dad says he is the GOAT and he has watched RFC since the 60s.
Who else is better? He is better than Carey. Carey kicked 1 goal in 96 GF and 2 in 99 GF. Judd is famous for never kicking goals. And Ablett kicked 1 goal in 2007 and zero in 2011.
Dusty 2x 2017 1x 2019 and he gave lots away and 4x 2020
There are but a handful of forwards that have kicked 4 or more in a GF, let alone a mid.
Dustin is the GOAT and I doubt I will ever see a greater footballer than him in my life. I hope he knows that we all love him and he understands all the joy he has given us supporters. He has allowed us the believe in our club again. I feel his greatness is still not nearly as appreciated as it should be.
APOLOGIES BUT DUSTY ALSO KICKED 4 IN 2019 GF

you are guessing and you are guessing wrong....give yourself an uppercut and go and have a lie down. ;)
Oops
Be Quiet The Blacklist GIF by HULU

It's not rubbish ... his Manager knew that it was better for his career to stay at a club with a big supporter base ... he did his job and got the maximum money from Richmond by getting an offer from North ... then did the PR so we loved Dusty for it

I love Dusty ... best memories with my children are with him ... I am a Richmond local and get the opportunity to 'hang' from time to time ... and he is loyal as ... was never leaving ... so didn't leave any money on the table ... he got MAX to be where he wanted ...
I have no issue with Carr whatsover.
He and Dane Swann has kept Dusty grounded.
Carr saw exactly what the numbers would be.
Here's just part of the proof.
Dustys 300th Jumper.
At auction runs until Monday.

Photo of Dustin Martin Signed 300 Game Match Worn Guernsey - Richmond v Hawthorn - Round 14

Dustin Martin Signed 300 Game Match Worn Guernsey - Richmond v Hawthorn - Round 14

• Bids: 17
  • Ends: 05 days 06:36:49
  • Current Bid: $3025.00
BID NOW

I have no issue with Carr whatsover.
He and Dane Swann has kept Dusty grounded.
Carr saw exactly what the numbers would be.
Here's just part of the proof.
Dustys 300th Jumper.
At auction runs until Monday.

Photo of Dustin Martin Signed 300 Game Match Worn Guernsey - Richmond v Hawthorn - Round 14

Dustin Martin Signed 300 Game Match Worn Guernsey - Richmond v Hawthorn - Round 14

• Bids: 17
  • Ends: 05 days 06:36:49
  • Current Bid: $3025.00
BID NOW
Thanks Ralph 😜

A Manager that does his job ... it was nice work ... These bids are rubbish though ... it cost me more for a table at the Presidents Lunch this week

Thanks Ralph 😜

A Manager that does his job ... it was nice work ... These bids are rubbish though ... it cost me more for a table at the Presidents Lunch this week
Baby bids. The big boys will come in on Monday.

Think back to each GF …. when under the pump against Adelaide, got us going with a 2v1 win on the flank, and perfect left foot across body kick to Houli who did the rest.

2019 GF … people forget GWS kicked the first goal of the game and it was tight for the first 25 minutes … who kicked Richmond’s first goal? Yep, you guessed it.

Then 2020 … Tigers kicked first 2 of match (one set up by a perfectly weighted Martin pass into the middle)… then Cats kicked next 5 and were a goal or two from sealing it. Then 5 mins before half time, enter the great man… and we know the rest.

In 36 x wins including finals to clinch our 3 x flags post bye, Martin got 242 coaches votes of a maxiumum 360. In 9 x finals wins he got 72 coaches votes at 8 per game.

We will never see anything like it again. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So much BS it’s not funny. I know for a fact Kangas players of the day were convinced he was coming. And how do you honestly think we could afford Lynch in 2019 (and Jack/Cotch/Prestia etc…) if we were paying Dusty more money than what North were offering?

I’m not saying he wasn’t staying at Richmond all along .. but 100% the contract at North in regards purely to salary cap spent was much bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a glitch in the matrix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back