Competitions Health and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Vanilla Ice Abc GIF by Dancing with the Stars
LOL

I did after the game, this morning had a nice dip at the baths, sun was very nice.

Gonna go get it assessed tonight because I can hardly hold my plastic drink bottle. I would be too scared to even mark the ball even if it was tapped up.

LOL

I did after the game, this morning had a nice dip at the baths, sun was very nice.

Gonna go get it assessed tonight because I can hardly hold my plastic drink bottle. I would be too scared to even mark the ball even if it was tapped up.

Ice again and wrap it tight afterwards. The RICE method of injury management (when said injury involves swelling). Good luck!

LOL

Acupuncture Ligs. Always worked a treat for me.

They're so thin you don't feel them, but they work better and faster than natural medicine (not that I have anything against natural meds).
I’ve had it before and I cried lol

Arnica concoctions worked for me in the past for healing bruises and inflammation. Don't apply them to cuts tho.

Also do RICE. Or at least the ICE bit of it.

Acupuncture does work too, especially if its done by this guy who looks like Gimli the Dwarf and lives out the back of Nimbin.

Arnica concoctions worked for me in the past for healing bruises and inflammation. Don't apply them to cuts tho.

Also do RICE. Or at least the ICE bit of it.

Acupuncture does work too, especially if its done by this guy who looks like Gimli the Dwarf and lives out the back of Nimbin.
Back on the rice cooker, eh?

Got through another game ok. Got crunched under a high ball in the second quarter - knee held up but was very sore and aggravated after that which affected my game a bit. Seems to be okay today and from what I remember the first year back after a knee you always pull up with a weird new pain after doing something new.

After more than 600km of thwacking concrete and bitumen, its time to hang up the trusty Endorphin Speed 2s.

Probably the best all-round running shoe I've ever owned.

Time now for their successor, the Speed 3s, and hopefully they will last the distance too.
How's the GC mara training going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's the GC mara training going?
I had covid last week (actually hit me halfway through my Sunday long run the week before 😕) but back in the action now, thanks.
Just gotta get the weekly kms up a bit to where I need to be. I was doing a bit over 60km a week prior to the virus. I’d be feeling more confident to be sub 3 if I was closer to 80km atm.
Had a good intervals session today.

After more than 600km of thwacking concrete and bitumen, its time to hang up the trusty Endorphin Speed 2s.

Probably the best all-round running shoe I've ever owned.

Time now for their successor, the Speed 3s, and hopefully they will last the distance too.
What’s the reason for the hang up mate? Just the feel of them? I tend to get closer to 800/1000 out of mine, but I’m a real even mid foot striker and have very little wear on the sole. Tends to be the pop has gone out of the shoe. I have 2 sons with the same size feet so they enjoy the hand me downs

Last edited:
What’s the reason for the hang up mate? Just the feel of them? I tend to get closer to 800/1000 out of mine, but I’m a real even mid foot striker and have very little wear on the sole.
Yeah just the feel. The foam stopped being as responsive as it should be. They have these nylon plates in them, and so when the foam started going mushy, my feet didn't feel like they were striking the ground right anymore, and it started putting uncomfortable pressure on my knees to compensate.

(I have a bit of supination, and though I've never been assessed I suspect I have a kinda heavy strike action too)

I don't think I've ever gotten 800km out of a pair of shoes!

Ended up just not enjoying footy as much as I hoped I would (even though I haven't played badly), so I think I'll hang 'em up this year and hunt around for a side with a 3rd/clubbies next year so I can keep the social aspect.

Happy with myself for getting back after everything. Now it's back to gym and getting strong and letting my lungs recover from an infection I copped a few months ago that just won't fully clear. Once that clears, time to get running 2-3 times a week again.

Ended up just not enjoying footy as much as I hoped I would (even though I haven't played badly), so I think I'll hang 'em up this year and hunt around for a side with a 3rd/clubbies next year so I can keep the social aspect.

Happy with myself for getting back after everything. Now it's back to gym and getting strong and letting my lungs recover from an infection I copped a few months ago that just won't fully clear. Once that clears, time to get running 2-3 times a week again.
Div 12 ressies? 😛

My mum sees them on her tiktok and thinks it’s hilarious

I had covid last week (actually hit me halfway through my Sunday long run the week before 😕) but back in the action now, thanks.
Just gotta get the weekly kms up a bit to where I need to be. I was doing a bit over 60km a week prior to the virus. I’d be feeling more confident to be sub 3 if I was closer to 80km atm.
Had a good intervals session today.
That's no fun with the Covid set back, hope you didn't get too bad a dose, sounding promising if you are back running intervals. You must have about 6 more weeks of solid training before starting to taper?

Yeah just the feel. The foam stopped being as responsive as it should be. They have these nylon plates in them, and so when the foam started going mushy, my feet didn't feel like they were striking the ground right anymore, and it started putting uncomfortable pressure on my knees to compensate.

(I have a bit of supination, and though I've never been assessed I suspect I have a kinda heavy strike action too)

I don't think I've ever gotten 800km out of a pair of shoes!
With some of my shoes the cushioning has gone well before the tread and I would get sorer after runs. Not worth keeping until they wore through.

Noosa. Should be lovely weather for a run. Been a bit brisk the last week or so here in Canberra.
You might need to acclimatise first.

Right now Noosa is mid 20s and still has tropical humidity and will still be warm and humid near the end of May.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Health and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back