Competitions Health and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

That's no fun with the Covid set back, hope you didn't get too bad a dose, sounding promising if you are back running intervals. You must have about 6 more weeks of solid training before starting to taper?
Yeah, it was relatively mild, thanks. The kids had it worse, which disrupted my schedule a bit.

You know what - I hadn’t actually checked my calendar to work out exactly when taper begins.

But now you mention it, I’ve just realised on June 11 I have a long run of 2 hours easy, 1 hour marathon pace, and then the taper begins. Eek, not much time left! 😬 Bloody tricky juggling a full time job, fatherhood and marathon training.

I played well yesterday

Kicked 2 and 1 behind lol a set shot and a nice snap from a crumb. Conditions were really hard

I gave away a 50 for dissent lol I am a calm head but this was ****ing frustrating, a tall girl in their backline took 50 years to pick up the ball so I had time to prepare myself for a great tackle so I wrapped her up really well but she was always ducking into the tackles so my arm sipped over her shoulder and she was doing it all ****ing game and as soon as the umps called that I went off my head because they were so bad there was head high hit when the ball was in dispute and our player literally has a bad concussion, there was no free called

I played well yesterday

Kicked 2 and 1 behind lol a set shot and a nice snap from a crumb. Conditions were really hard

I gave away a 50 for dissent lol I am a calm head but this was ******* frustrating, a tall girl in their backline took 50 years to pick up the ball so I had time to prepare myself for a great tackle so I wrapped her up really well but she was always ducking into the tackles so my arm sipped over her shoulder and she was doing it all ******* game and as soon as the umps called that I went off my head because they were so bad there was head high hit when the ball was in dispute and our player literally has a bad concussion, there was no free called
Good one re the goals. LOL at the dissent. The best thing to do is stand on the mark, stick your arms straight up in the air and let the ump see the look on your face, which should say somethiong tte of "I wanna tear you apart campaigner." Don't say a word tho or even acknowledge their existence otherwise.

Good one re the goals. LOL at the dissent. The best thing to do is stand on the mark, stick your arms straight up in the air and let the ump see the look on your face, which should say somethiong tte of "I wanna tear you apart campaigner." Don't say a word tho or even acknowledge their existence otherwise.
I’ll give the Zurhaar look LOL

Just went to the beach and an old lady helped me get in LOL I was so scared

Okay so I’m pretty sure I have strained my hammy, the trainer said it’s either that or tight but this is a totally different feeling than being tight.

Always happens when I reach max speed

At risk of being told I talk too much about myself by a certain poster, I’m just gonna post this here.

I can understand being in spicers position, like at the start of this season I was avoiding contact, my tackles got broken, was going head first into contests (lol) anyways I just kept having a crack at training in tackling drills and I did some one on one contact drills with my line coach.

The point is he can still develop it, it’s not too late

Anyways here is a vid of me turning my body to absorb contact, I guarantee you at the start of the season I would have gone front on into this contest and that’s why you can hear my coach cheering me
View attachment trim.5175467A-CDAF-47AD-BB21-E73B3672CBCB.MOV

I’m planning to register for the melb marathon 5k this year instead of the 10k

Anyone else planning to run in the melb marathon?

You might need to acclimatise first.

Right now Noosa is mid 20s and still has tropical humidity and will still be warm and humid near the end of May.
Yeah I'm fully expecting it to hamper my time. Not much I can do unfortunately.

Ran in Newcastle on the weekend and the temp was similar to what the forecast says Noosa will be on race day. Humidity probably wasn't comparable though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm finally back on the track after serving a 3 month suspension due to an altercation brought about by an idiot sticking a Schwass sticker on my back while we were on a high altitude training program at Mt Macedon over Xmas. But I've put that behind me now. I finally broke the 15 minute barrier for 3000m steeplechase today - I went out hard from the gecko & just slugged a gut until I could barely walk. I then popped a gel with a lap to go and within a minute or 2, t felt brand new and was able to power home. Our club has actually been a great breathing ground for a lot of State champions, and my coach Bryzer (his real name is Brian but his close mates can call him Bryzer) reckons I'm not far off from qualifying for our club champs in August. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted. My mum reckons she'll fly out from the Domenican Republic if I qualify.

Yeah I'm fully expecting it to hamper my time. Not much I can do unfortunately.

Ran in Newcastle on the weekend and the temp was similar to what the forecast says Noosa will be on race day. Humidity probably wasn't comparable though.
Right now in Noosa its raining - something like an inch an hour.

I'm south of there but that rains heading here and right now the humidity is stupid. (Obviously, cos its pissing down :rolleyes: as usual round here, its starting to piss me off.) It was humid all day as this rain blew in. You've still got two weeks for it to dry out a bit but this rain just keeps coming at the moment. About two hours ago it was a rotational low with an eye of dry weather in the middle but now its collapsed back to rain everywhere. In 50 years, maybe 20 that will be a cyclone.

It'll be a slog so be prepared. I doubt times will matter, finishing will be an achievement in itself.

I'm finally back on the track after serving a 3 month suspension due to an altercation brought about by an idiot sticking a Schwass sticker on my back while we were on a high altitude training program at Mt Macedon over Xmas. But I've put that behind me now. I finally broke the 15 minute barrier for 3000m steeplechase today - I went out hard from the gecko & just slugged a gut until I could barely walk. I then popped a gel with a lap to go and within a minute or 2, t felt brand new and was able to power home. Our club has actually been a great breathing ground for a lot of State champions, and my coach Bryzer (his real name is Brian but his close mates can call him Bryzer) reckons I'm not far off from qualifying for our club champs in August. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted. My mum reckons she'll fly out from the Domenican Republic if I qualify.
#elite

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So after 18 months of focusing on knee, running and footy, with just maintenance upper body workouts (push ups, dips, etc.), I'm back into proper gym workouts.

65kg X 5 for bench was a struggle. Used to bench 137.5kg as a 1RM and 110kg X 5. It's amazing how it disappears when you're focusing on sport and sore af all the time, but I know it'll come back quickly.

Back to the gym 4 days a week now. 2 meniscus tears and 2 broken toes in the last 2 years, but finally finding some consistency again lol

Unfortunately I think its time for me to adjust my expectations for the GC mara.

The last few weeks I've had a weird on-off flu thing that I can only assume is long covid.

(Feel fine for a couple days, totally lethargic and flu symptoms for a couple days, then back to normal, repeat ad nauseum for three weeks)

Pseudoephedrine has been a bit of a godsend in managing the down times, but I've only resorted to that for the past few days.

I originally wanted my first mara to be sub 3, but I'm meant to be tapering in a few weeks, and I've barely managed 50km a week the past fortnight.:huh:

I think if I can manage 80km a week until tapering, I might be able to do sub 3.10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back