Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Well it seems like both South Australia and Victoria are going through an extreme heat wave at the moment, temperatures reaching 38-40 degrees virtually every day.

Anyone else wishing the heat would just **** off? I can't stand hot weather. :thumbsdown:

It seems that Perth has traded away some of it's ridiculous hot weather to the east.

yes I cannot stand 40 degree westher either. When its around 30 degrees it's fine but when it clocks over 35 it is ridiculous. I was able to see seven weeks off Perth's annual heatwave in China (where it was in single figures) still wasn't enough.

Yeah its ****ed. its been above 35 for something like 10 days now and scheduled to be above 35 everyday until next wednesday. I think either today or tomorrow we beat the biggest heat wave ever recorded in Australia.

And yes, its ****ed.

Wouldn't be too bad if we could just have a couple of days below 30 in the middle to break it up and catch up on sleep etc.... but it is crazy atm... a battle of attrition.

Adelaideians are struggling a bit at the moment. This is the first hot day in Melbourne so not too much to complain about just yet.
I'm an hour or so out of Melbourne but in my neck of the woods its been 35+ since about last Friday and forecasts of 38+ until next Wednesday.

I had a look at Adelaide's forecast and on one day the minimum temp is 28. That's ****ed.

It's not even summer too.... to cap it all off.

I'm an hour or so out of Melbourne but in my neck of the woods its been 35+ since about last Friday and forecasts of 38+ until next Wednesday.

I had a look at Adelaide's forecast and on one day the minimum temp is 28. That's ****ed.

It's not even summer too.... to cap it all off.

To quote Thunderstruck on the Port Board:

"Adelaide today has had the 11th consecutive day over 35C and the 9th consecutive day in a row over 100F. The 11 days equals the all time record for days over 35C in Adelaide and this is a summer record so to equal this in March is incredible. What is more incredible is there is a very good chance it will end up as 16 days in a row over 35C and 14 days in a row over 100F. That is one to tell the grankids about. It has also beaten Perth's 1988 heatwave as the longest capital city heatwave in history.....and come the end of it all will smash it."

I heard the other day that the average temp for March is usually between 24-26. I think the Adelaide average so far is 36.

****ing insane, especially with another possible 5-6 days still to go.

A few fires have bobbed up...hopefully they are kept under control, as we sure wont be getting any help from mother nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it seems like both South Australia and Victoria are going through an extreme heat wave at the moment, temperatures reaching 38-40 degrees virtually every day.

Anyone else wishing the heat would just **** off? I can't stand hot weather. :thumbsdown:

Adelaide's temps since Monday 3/3/08:

Days to come:

Melbourne's temps since Monday 3/3/08:

Days to come:

Conclusion - Adelaide's had a heatwave. Melbourne hasn't. Stop yer whinging. ;)

Send the heat to Sydney - we have had only one day over 35 all year - summer was nonexistent!

though 2 years back on NYD it was 45 degrees. i remember it vividly after an awesome night in the harbour city i was at the beach till 10pm when it was still 40. perths already had 5 40's this summer.

LOL , Melbournians whinging about the 'heat wave' they're getting :D

It's the 14th of March today, we are expecting 5 more days of 38+

If this occurs, it will mean Adelaide has had 35+ degrees from the 3rd of March, till the 18th of March - possibly longer.

And you think you're doing in hard over in Vic??

Remove this Banner Ad

Heat wave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back