Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had seen the guy play at Rochy, and after my first glimpse at HDFL footy for 2010 all I can say is wow!!!

I believe he was unstoppable against Heathcote early in the year before doing his knee then second time around it what early in his comeback. I was gunna go to the G Satdy night to wathc my beloved Pies but I'm leaning towards a trip to Colbo now to see how the Saints handle a fully fit and firing Oliver.

For district footy, you dont realise how good a standard the HDFL is until you look around elsewhere :thumbsu:

Doona i could not get to the game,was he that good or was it how Locky delivered to him or did Elmore have no one to match up on him

THEY used Parry on him at FB until Kahl had snagged three.
Then Ashley Trollop went back and he did a reasonable job.

the mids brought the ball in really well and the big guy can mark, even if only on one-and-a-half legs.

For district footy, you dont realise how good a standard the HDFL is until you look around elsewhere :thumbsu:

Your spot on Doona the standard has increased massively over the past few seasons. It's a credit to all the teams and people behind the scenes.

Should be a ripper granny.

Winner -Heathocote to win by 12 points or 98 points (this depends on two things - If LBU play 19 men on the field as was done for short period against North a couple of weeks ago, and of course Heathcote call it in time.

BOG - Bongiovanni - Nathan Buckley 2002 moment.

Doona i could not get to the game,was he that good or was it how Locky delivered to him or did Elmore have no one to match up on him
The dukes were certainly working very nicely, one of the best marking displays you would see in country footy.Would play dobson changing with dohnt and newth underneath him to snaffle the occasional crumb that he misses in the gf
Brad Comer played a super game for elmore as well as perez in the 3rd quarter. Locky would be worried about their key defensive posts but would be confident if they flick the ball around and use the possesion game with their run and carry

Your spot on Doona the standard has increased massively over the past few seasons. It's a credit to all the teams and people behind the scenes.

Should be a ripper granny.

Winner -Heathocote to win by 12 points or 98 points (this depends on two things - If LBU play 19 men on the field as was done for short period against North a couple of weeks ago, and of course Heathcote call it in time.

BOG - Bongiovanni - Nathan Buckley 2002 moment.

A. Dohont,LBU Sam Cheatly Medal winner, Runner up M. Sawyer W/Hills
Rob.Baldock, LBU Tom Morgan Medal winner, Runner up B. Thorton W/Hills
Rhys Woodland,LBU David Roulston Medal winner,Runner up J. Collins N/BGO

A. Dohont,LBU Sam Cheatly Medal winner, Runner up M. Sawyer W/Hills
Rob.Baldock, LBU Tom Morgan Medal winner, Runner up B. Thorton W/Hills
Rhys Woodland,LBU David Roulston Medal winner,Runner up J. Collins N/BGO
LBU's domination has begun in earnest. Congrates must go to the flog from Heathcote that was on here last week sticking the boots into Oliver. I say to you that all you did was stir the big guy up. Once again well done captain zero:eek:. LBU to clean up on Saturday.1's 2's 3's.

LBU's domination has begun in earnest. Congrates must go to the flog from Heathcote that was on here last week sticking the boots into Oliver. I say to you that all you did was stir the big guy up. Once again well done captain zero:eek:. LBU to clean up on Saturday.1's 2's 3's.
Is he a flog from Heathcote just because you say so?:confused: Chad, you really are a clown of the highest order....:mad: Chappy to kick six, Oliver to get towelled up by Bell and Mellington and the Saints to win by a comfortable 8.

Is he a flog from Heathcote just because you say so?:confused: Chad, you really are a clown of the highest order....:mad: Chappy to kick six, Oliver to get towelled up by Bell and Mellington and the Saints to win by a comfortable 8.

If you think 8 goals trwb then perhaps I could leave just after 3/4 time and make it to the Gee ;)

If you think 8 goals trwb then perhaps I could leave just after 3/4 time and make it to the Gee ;)
Have it on very good authority that if the expected deluge that is predicted over the next few days eventuates then the grand final may be played underwater at Colbo.

Apparently the creek that runs parallel to the oval (netball side) is already brimming at the edge. If the oval was to be hit with another inch of rain over the next few days, then the ground will be under water. Apparently car park will be shut off to access at 9am if this is the case. People will be forced to park cars around the streets of Colbo and will have to stand at the ground.

Not sure what contingencies the league have got in place if any. Lets pray that the rains don't come until Sunday !!

Have it on very good authority that if the expected deluge that is predicted over the next few days eventuates then the grand final may be played underwater at Colbo.

Apparently the creek that runs parallel to the oval (netball side) is already brimming at the edge. If the oval was to be hit with another inch of rain over the next few days, then the ground will be under water. Apparently car park will be shut off to access at 9am if this is the case. People will be forced to park cars around the streets of Colbo and will have to stand at the ground.

Not sure what contingencies the league have got in place if any. Lets pray that the rains don't come until Sunday !!

When was the last wet grand final???

lukily for LBU we have big Kahl and he may well be the only player come Saturday to have his head above water.... Get a grip fool, It's at Colbo, we will be there, get a bus, there's no streets in Colbinabbin.

Just a message for the Bar Fridge if he's still around...

All the best this weekend, hope you have a win:thumbsu:

Take your snorkel mate, I think you'll need it!:D

When was the last wet grand final???

While Ive tried very hard to forget it Roota....2004, Colbo and White Hills out at Elmore was played in terrible conditions, big hail storm at half time in the senior game just topped things off.

I think from memory across 3 games there were less than 20 goals kicked....in the seniors it was 6 goals against 2, lets hope we dont get a repeat of that this weekend!

That being said, maybe the added work Heathcote have done at the pool during there weeks off may come in handy! ;) Same for both sides I guess. Not great for spectators if the grounds ability to host cars around the boundary is affected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a message for the Bar Fridge if he's still around...

All the best this weekend, hope you have a win:thumbsu:

One fella who has always gone out of his way to say hi is the Fridge, so to him in the 1's and also Brad Mundie in the 2's I say all the best lads :thumbsu:

No cars would get bogged at Heathcote.....:D

well picked chad 1 out of 3. not too bad. why didnt seniors stay out for the presentation. poor sports
no worries, I'll cop that, I got 1 right regardless of the fact that I was prepared to get on here when only 2-3 day ago it was like a ghost town here thorgil and we all heard of you before???. Well done to heathcote, obviously better on the day, hurts to say. I did my best.;)

Winners tomorrow???
3's LBU= 36pts
2's LBU= 15pts
1's LBU= 22pts
Prediction for the day= chaos
Chad has spoken.

ooooooOOOOOOOOO Well done boys,First flag in the 2's for 32 years,well all know now back to back for the 1's not only that but also champions.I can now say the lids off so to you MR SEXington next time you make big comments like you did just stop and think and also i will give you a bit of advice next time you go to have a piss you be seriously thinking of sitting down not standing.Now to the locky football club you did not do yourself any favers not stopping out on the ground for the 1's presentations and believe me that is a comment from everyone who was there at the end.Iam off now to get back into the celebrations you know what it's like LOCKY or do you

No disrespect to Crameri of Lockington, but thought Korp from Heathcote was clearly BOG in the 2's and should have won the VCFL medal.

Stepped up big time in the 3rd quarter when the game was there to be won, including a super snag in the grandstand pocket. Also took 3 or 4 telling marks in that qtr, that had he have kicked straight (or made the distance with a soggy ball), would have clearly put the game beyond doubt.

Not sure who casted the votes but it reminded me of Buckley winning the Norm Smith in '02. Maybe the selectors thought Locky had it in the bag at half time ??

Obviosuly premiership medallion is more important than individual accolades, but thought the selectors got it wrong on this one.

Anyone else's thoughts ???

No disrespect to Crameri of Lockington, but thought Korp from Heathcote was clearly BOG in the 2's and should have won the VCFL medal.

Stepped up big time in the 3rd quarter when the game was there to be won, including a super snag in the grandstand pocket. Also took 3 or 4 telling marks in that qtr, that had he have kicked straight (or made the distance with a soggy ball), would have clearly put the game beyond doubt.

Not sure who casted the votes but it reminded me of Buckley winning the Norm Smith in '02. Maybe the selectors thought Locky had it in the bag at half time ??

Obviosuly premiership medallion is more important than individual accolades, but thought the selectors got it wrong on this one.

Anyone else's thoughts ???
Thought the selectors pretty well nailed it

Hey Chad,just let you in on a secret it's 1.35am Monday morning and the celebrations are still going strong you had your chance,stick to milking cows:p:D;):rolleyes::D:Dmust go my pots waiting for me:D

No disrespect but if you're involved in any of these flags shouldnt you be down the pub instead of sitting on the computer!?

No disrespect but if you're involved in any of these flags shouldnt you be down the pub instead of sitting on the computer!?

Dirk, it was 1.30 in the morning couple of us having a beer at home i for give you sounds like your one of those blokes who talk before you think. Now it's 9.30 Tuesday morning heading to the rooms then over to the pub for mad Monday if thats all right Dirk old son
P/S Locky the beer is tasting better every day the celebrations go on:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back