Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm scratching my head to work out how the final 5 will pan out.
Here's the last few games

Heathcote (3rd & 32pts) - North Bendigo & Huntly
Leitchy's (4th & 32 pts) - Huntly & then Mounts
Colbinabbin (5th & 28 pts) - Bye & North Bendigo
Mount Pleasant (6th & 24 pts) - Elmore & Leitchy
Huntly (7th & 24 pts) - Leitchy & Heathcote

Certainly going to be some crucial games to round out the season

Will Elmore be applying for the Carlton draught next year and land a ex afl star.
They tend to go for the battlers
2 games out of the last 35 or so won. Major problems there, fancy being coached by a kid

Last edited:

Will Elmore be applying for the Carlton draught next year and land a ex afl star.
2 games out of the last 35 or so won. Major problems there, fancy being coached by a kid
I remember when Koutoufides played for North vs LBU maybe back 2010 2011. Dan Lucas had the job, towelled him up and received Bog

Elmore may well be in the KDFL next year, in talks

Drop in standard? They've hardly won a game for years. Maybe they don't have to spend as big either
Extended travel times would outweigh all that surely?
The lack of engagement with the other teams.

Colbo and Elmore would cross paths all the time building a great competitive relationship. When are they crossing paths with anyone from Avenel?

Elmore could 'cross paths' with the likes of Rushworth, Stanhope and Girgarre and develop something.

Avenel is a poor example, just picking the furthest team away. It's like saying Leitchville in their present scenario. Avenel is only 7km further away than Leitchville.

I'm not overly convinced that any club would want to leave the HDFL at present, given that it is probably the best run comp in the region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly I reckon Elmore would only need Afew decent recruits a they’d be top 4. Be good for the reserves an unders to. Being competitive. Would prob actually bring players back

Reading up on Nathan Dole's football preview/review and does anyone think that this is journalism? Anybody with a fleeting interest in local football can check PlayHQ or the local paper to see the line-ups, results, goal kickers and best players. He is just regurgitating all that information into an "article". It is obvious that one person can not be at more than one game on a Saturday arvo but surely it's not hard to talk to somebody who was at the game to get a bit more information such as "Heathcote started the game with a 4 goal breeze" or "White Hills were very good at the contest but their field kicking was below standard" just to get a feel for the game. Unless he is doing it for free it comes across as unprofessional

Reading up on Nathan Dole's football preview/review and does anyone think that this is journalism? Anybody with a fleeting interest in local football can check PlayHQ or the local paper to see the line-ups, results, goal kickers and best players. He is just regurgitating all that information into an "article". It is obvious that one person can not be at more than one game on a Saturday arvo but surely it's not hard to talk to somebody who was at the game to get a bit more information such as "Heathcote started the game with a 4 goal breeze" or "White Hills were very good at the contest but their field kicking was below standard" just to get a feel for the game. Unless he is doing it for free it comes across as unprofessional
Newspapers are dead.

What is stopping posters from sharing a game review here each week? Could you cover a game that you get to this weekend?

I hope he's not getting paid, he needs a new job in any event. There's zero found in any article he has churned out for any league this year

You can guess what each report will include before you read it:

X beat Y

X beat Y 100-83. In the first quarter, X led 22-21. At half time, X led 45-36, at the final change, X led 76-59 before X kicked 24 to Y's 24 in the last quarter. The best players for X were ..., the best players for Y were ..., the goalkickers for X were ... and the goalkickers for Y were ... (copy and paste the template a few times for each league report).

Boring as bat shit. As you said, he needs to use the phone and ring someone to get another layer of info to the reports.

Last edited:
Cohuna members last night voted to continue the process of affiliation with the HDFNL with an 85% yes vote.

The more important question is whether the HDFNL clubs want them to join. Do they have a chance?
Heathcote seem very comfortable. Do they want to kill the bye?

That would be the determining factor, I reckon.

For many years, it was thought that 10 clubs playing home and away over 18 rounds was the ideal scenario. In more recent years, there has been a trend towards nine clubs playing 16 matches with two byes over the same season length, giving players a chance to freshen up and have a week off in each half of the season and the fixture remains balanced for all.

If enough clubs prefer to play the extra two matches without adding weeks to the season then Cohuna has a chance.

The problem I see in terms of expansion is that we will see a repetition of last time. Now that Cohuna has expressed an interest, we will likely see clubs like Marong and Maiden Gully-YCW rush and clamour towards the HDFNL door once again, begging to be let in as well.

The current clubs will not go for 12 clubs and therefore will deny all three and the status quo remains. I can only see one vacancy, if any.

You can guess what each report will include before you read it:

X beat Y

X beat Y 100-83. In the first quarter, X led 22-21. At half time, X led 45-36, at the final change, X led 76-59 before X kicked 24 to Y's 24 in the last quarter. The best players for X were ..., the best players for Y were ..., the goalkickers for X were ... and the goalkickers for Y were ... (copy and paste the template a few times for each league report).

Boring as bat shit. As you said, he needs to use the phone and ring someone to get another layer of info to the reports.
You missed "the X Coached X"

That would be the determining factor, I reckon.

For many years, it was thought that 10 clubs playing home and away over 18 rounds was the ideal scenario. In more recent years, there has been a trend towards nine clubs playing 16 matches with two byes over the same season length, giving players a chance to freshen up and have a week off in each half of the season and the fixture remains balanced for all.

If enough clubs prefer to play the extra two matches without adding weeks to the season then Cohuna has a chance.

The problem I see in terms of expansion is that we will see a repetition of last time. Now that Cohuna has expressed an interest, we will likely see clubs like Marong and Maiden Gully-YCW rush and clamour towards the HDFNL door once again, begging to be let in as well.

The current clubs will not go for 12 clubs and therefore will deny all three and the status quo remains. I can only see one vacancy, if any.
As they're a community league they take Easter and kings birthday off, that's plenty of byes for everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back