Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats all the news around. Heard Saturday night that there was a massive all-in brawl at Heathcote? Can anyone confirm? Great game at Mounts Saturday. North were on the ropes early and Mounts should have run away with it but fought back really hard in the last 40 minutes. Davis would have been shattered i'd say.

Whats all the news around. Heard Saturday night that there was a massive all-in brawl at Heathcote? Can anyone confirm? Great game at Mounts Saturday. North were on the ropes early and Mounts should have run away with it but fought back really hard in the last 40 minutes. Davis would have been shattered i'd say.

The way it looked to me, they were trying to do a bit of ballroom dancing:D

The player was Levy Howard i was told after the senior game he was OK,I did not see the incident and again i was told by some of the players he got a hip and shoulder and his head hit the ground, it was just one of those freak accidents.

Thats one theory but also heard another that he was king hit and ball at least 50 metres away. If it was a hip and shoulder if the ball is that far away how can this happen? Its a behind the play incident.
Either way Colbo have a responsibility to the player to go to the league and get it investigated.
I think you probably owe the said player an apology now tiger, because i know he reads these quotes. And next time, get the facts before you start to post crap!!:thumbsdown:

G'day boys

just want to pass on thanks to the heathcote and Colbo trainers who handled the situation very well on saturday with young Levy. And also the heathcote netballer (whom i think is a nurse) who abandoned her netball commitments to help out the trainers on the ground and ensure that Levy was being looked after in the correct manner whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Personally I did not see the incident however the Heathcote player involved has given me his word that it was a clean bump.

Players on both sides were disappointed that the game couldnt continue however it would've been hard to focus on the game when one of your players is in a serious way. The right call was made and more importantly Levy has been given the all clear medical wise....

H.

The way it looked to me, they were trying to do a bit of ballroom dancing:D

I certainly saw a couple of love taps. Could not have been any closer to the crowd. :eek:
I reckon the Heathcote 89 flag side thought of all the weekends to be at the footy this was one you dont often get to see. Good footy, a fight and some lingering questions about who is the team to beat at the en of the year.:thumbsu:

The player was Levy Howard i was told after the senior game he was OK,I did not see the incident and again i was told by some of the players he got a hip and shoulder and his head hit the ground, it was just one of those freak accidents.

Thats one theory but also heard another that he was king hit and ball at least 50 metres away. If it was a hip and shoulder if the ball is that far away how can this happen? Its a behind the play incident.
Either way Colbo have a responsibility to the player to go to the league and get it investigated.

Gents lets put this one to bed.
I spoke to Levy yesterday as well as seeing the incident myself, although Levy obviously cant remember the accident, the hit that was laid looked fair and in play. The unfortunate thing for Levy was that he was unprepared for the hit. If anyone has been KO'd before you would know its most likely because you havent braced for impact. The poor kid was out before he hit the ground and he hit it hard whilst running hard, hence the grazes on his scon.. The kid is tough and we will be looking forward to getting him back on the paddock next week against north.
In closing I would like to think that in this league there are no players that would intentionally inflict that sort of harm to the opposition players not to mention the uneccesary grief for their teammates or family who might be watching the game.

Im sure we can put the james rumours to bed cant we after demolishing Mounts backmen with a lazy 12 goals saturday! :D

No. Not after being told on saturday night by a very well respected rdfl coach that he expects him to be at Kilmore in the not too distant future. now before you go and get too worked up "dick" remember i'm only going on what i've been told, not making this stuff up.

No. Not after being told on saturday night by a very well respected rdfl coach that he expects him to be at Kilmore in the not too distant future. now before you go and get too worked up "dick" remember i'm only going on what i've been told, not making this stuff up.

From today's Advertiser. May help to clear things up....

I’m not leaving North: James

1/06/2009 8:30:00 AM
STAR full-forward Aaron James has no intentions of quitting North Bendigo, and says he is annoyed by any suggestion he may do so.
James is living up to the massive hype that surrounded his pre-season arrival at North Bendigo in the Heathcote District Football League, with another 12 goals against Mount Pleasant on Saturday taking his tally for the year to 62 from just seven games.
However, in the past week there has been some speculation James may seek a clearance to leave Atkins Street before the June 30 deadline.
But the 32-year-old was quick to dismiss any talk of a mid-season move, saying he would honour his agreement with the Bulldogs.
“I will be staying at North Bendigo, I have given them my word,” James said on Saturday.
“I don’t sign a contract wherever I play, my handshake is my word; I won’t be going back on that, I will be playing there for the rest of the year.
“People like to talk about other people, but they don’t know what they’re talking about.
“I know what I’m going to do and where I’m headed, so I’ve just got to focus on what I’ve got to do.”
North Bendigo produced a gutsy come-from-behind win over Mount Pleasant at Toolleen on the back of James’ 12 goals - the third time this season he has kicked a dozen.
The Bulldogs, who snapped a three-game losing streak, trailed at every change, but finished the game full of running to win 17.7 (109) to 15.10 (100), keeping alive their hopes of playing in their first finals series since 2002.
“I thought for most of the last half we were really good, but before that we weren’t switched on and the scoreboard reflected that,” said James, whose 62 goals this year have been made up of hauls of 4, 12, 12, 9, 7, 6 and 12.
“But we pulled our fingers out in the last quarter-and-a-half and got the job done.”
As for his own form, James said: “It was pretty good supply today.
“In recent weeks the supply has been a little bit ordinary, but it was really good today; a few of the boys stepped up and had good games, so it was a bit easier for me.”
With James’ 62 goals - an average of 8.8 per game - it’s the most of any player in a VCFL competition.
“But I’d rather have 30 goals and us be undefeated,” he said. “Personal stuff is always nice, but I’m playing footy to win premierships.”

Tisk Tisk! Dont go getting snakey! I'd love to know who your reliable source is because mine is Aaron James himself! Don't worry, no malice here. Its just people carrying on over nothing. We all know how rubbish like this starts so at least now we can talk footy and not worry about it.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From today's Advertiser. May help to clear things up....

I’m not leaving North: James

1/06/2009 8:30:00 AM
STAR full-forward Aaron James has no intentions of quitting North Bendigo, and says he is annoyed by any suggestion he may do so.
James is living up to the massive hype that surrounded his pre-season arrival at North Bendigo in the Heathcote District Football League, with another 12 goals against Mount Pleasant on Saturday taking his tally for the year to 62 from just seven games.
However, in the past week there has been some speculation James may seek a clearance to leave Atkins Street before the June 30 deadline.
But the 32-year-old was quick to dismiss any talk of a mid-season move, saying he would honour his agreement with the Bulldogs.
“I will be staying at North Bendigo, I have given them my word,” James said on Saturday.
“I don’t sign a contract wherever I play, my handshake is my word; I won’t be going back on that, I will be playing there for the rest of the year.
“People like to talk about other people, but they don’t know what they’re talking about.
“I know what I’m going to do and where I’m headed, so I’ve just got to focus on what I’ve got to do.”
North Bendigo produced a gutsy come-from-behind win over Mount Pleasant at Toolleen on the back of James’ 12 goals - the third time this season he has kicked a dozen.
The Bulldogs, who snapped a three-game losing streak, trailed at every change, but finished the game full of running to win 17.7 (109) to 15.10 (100), keeping alive their hopes of playing in their first finals series since 2002.
“I thought for most of the last half we were really good, but before that we weren’t switched on and the scoreboard reflected that,” said James, whose 62 goals this year have been made up of hauls of 4, 12, 12, 9, 7, 6 and 12.
“But we pulled our fingers out in the last quarter-and-a-half and got the job done.”
As for his own form, James said: “It was pretty good supply today.
“In recent weeks the supply has been a little bit ordinary, but it was really good today; a few of the boys stepped up and had good games, so it was a bit easier for me.”
With James’ 62 goals - an average of 8.8 per game - it’s the most of any player in a VCFL competition.
“But I’d rather have 30 goals and us be undefeated,” he said. “Personal stuff is always nice, but I’m playing footy to win premierships.”

I stand corrected. My source is obviously well off the mark. Good news for North.

1. No word on here from Huntly. What should we assume went wrong????

2. Davies named in the VCFL district squad. Maybe now he could slide into the HDFL team?

3. What is the league goal kicking record. Is James on track? His current form would see him at 140 be seasons end.

4. Nice to be moving into winter knowing there is no cold, wet trip to Broadford lying ahead. They were good for the league but i'm not missing that journey.

Well there must be more to Hammo leaving than we know. Everyone was quick to jump onto poor old Phil Birchmore weren't they? Let's see if people rip into Hammo. Poor form I say. As for davies, good player but not up to VCFL standard I'd say after watching him play.

Here's an interesting one for you all...

Say Gisborne leaves the Bendigo FL, which club in the Heathcote league could step up?

I don't think it would happen, but just for interest's sake... who do you reckon? My nominations would be Elmore, Colbo, White Hills (b/c of their ground and facilities) North Bendigo (proximity only, but Aitkens st is TERRIBLE!!)

Here's an interesting one for you all...

Say Gisborne leaves the Bendigo FL, which club in the Heathcote league could step up?

I don't think it would happen, but just for interest's sake... who do you reckon? My nominations would be Elmore, Colbo, White Hills (b/c of their ground and facilities) North Bendigo (proximity only, but Aitkens st is TERRIBLE!!)

Don't think any side from the HDFL would be interested in joining the BFL.
Just on your comment about the Atkins Street ground, Sandhurst never complained when they used it when they weren't able to use QEO!!!:confused:

Don't think any side from the HDFL would be interested in joining the BFL.
Just on your comment about the Atkins Street ground, Sandhurst never complained when they used it when they weren't able to use QEO!!!:confused:

hmmm, I clearly said "I don't think this would happen".... just a hypothetical topic for discussion. :cool:

On Aitkens st, well... don't know about that. Before my time. It's terrible now, that's all I'm saying and that's my personal opinion, not the club's opinion. I'm not concerned about the chip on your shoulder.

hmmm, I clearly said "I don't think this would happen".... just a hypothetical topic for discussion. :cool:

On Aitkens st, well... don't know about that. Before my time. It's terrible now, that's all I'm saying and that's my personal opinion, not the club's opinion. I'm not concerned about the chip on your shoulder.

No chip on my shoulder, as you said discussion topic and I gave my opinion that no team would be interested!!
And it wasn't before my time so I remember it and you can have your personal opininon which is fine but don't get upset when people have their's.:)

Settle mate, im not overly impressed with atkins street but it is not terrible? Bobbill is quite right about Sandhurst so no chip sunshine:thumbsdown:

Huntly bent over backwards for him. He didn't follow certain strategies put in place.

To come out in the newspaper and say the club didn't spend enough money and should look at changing leagues is a disgraceful effort. I wouldn't even want him around. How much money did he bring in?

I wonder if he has handed his payments back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back