Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in broadfords local paper the 'review' there is an article about broadford FC. And there is a quote from the coach saying that basically everyone who has done a pre-season will get picked over the people that haven't. A few youngsters who haven't done a pre-seaon have read that and are thinking about playing somewhere else or not even playing at all because they don't want to pay $190 to not get picked and have to watch footy

in broadfords local paper the 'review' there is an article about broadford FC. And there is a quote from the coach saying that basically everyone who has done a pre-season will get picked over the people that haven't. A few youngsters who haven't done a pre-seaon have read that and are thinking about playing somewhere else or not even playing at all because they don't want to pay $190 to not get picked and have to watch footy

Thats fairly easy to fix isnt it silver, just tell them to get their fingers out of their arse and their thumbs out of their mouths and get the f uck to training. Then they might get a game. Problem solved.:thumbsu:

Just Like To Wish Nesko A Happy Birthday For Tomorrow. He Has Been Celebrating 2 Birthdays A Year For The Past 2/3 Years Now He Can Finally Get Back To Just The One. Have A Good One Old Mate

According to the proof of the story I read prior to print the quote you're eluding to read . . .

"Those guys that traditionally turn up late in March might be in for a shock when round one selections are made. We have every intention to repay the commitment made by everyone who has done the work over the summer."

Nothing untoward in that Silver, was just stating to our supporters and any older footballers that usually hang back that numbers have been positive (35+ every night since Xmas) and that it's in the best interest of everyone to get along . . . . thats the only way the playing list can possibly improve, with an earlier commitment.

With your 3-4 attendances to date Silver, and with your beep and 1km times in the top 25-30% you're ahead of a few so dont stress ;)

It has also been mentioned that there are plenty of incentives, awards etc over the pre-season, perhaps a membership or 2 some playing gear to reward players who've been regulars over the summer. Not too late to get ya name in the barrell silver!!!

According to the proof of the story I read prior to print the quote you're eluding to read . . .

"Those guys that traditionally turn up late in March might be in for a shock when round one selections are made. We have every intention to repay the commitment made by everyone who has done the work over the summer."

Nothing untoward in that Silver, was just stating to our supporters and any older footballers that usually hang back that numbers have been positive (35+ every night since Xmas) and that it's in the best interest of everyone to get along . . . . thats the only way the playing list can possibly improve, with an earlier commitment.

With your 3-4 attendances to date Silver, and with your beep and 1km times in the top 25-30% you're ahead of a few so dont stress ;)

It has also been mentioned that there are plenty of incentives, awards etc over the pre-season, perhaps a membership or 2 some playing gear to reward players who've been regulars over the summer. Not too late to get ya name in the barrell silver!!!

Good response Doona. Sounds like you are running a very professional ship over there. :thumbsu:

Hey there roots how was training the other night?? any new faces that you should let us know about?

Every one is a new face at the moment sloth, even those that have been there every night!!!!

Training was great again, Plenty of numbers and everyone really pushing as hard as they can. For a new bloke coming into a club it has been great to see

Good response Doona. Sounds like you are running a very professional ship over there. :thumbsu:

I hope our ship is getting more professional mate, still spewing I couldn't book you a seat :p If we dont catch up before round three I still look forward to sharing a beer :thumbsu:

Is Macka heading back at all for cricket, or will the Maroons settle for the one day title?

I hope our ship is getting more professional mate, still spewing I couldn't book you a seat :p If we dont catch up before round three I still look forward to sharing a beer :thumbsu:

Is Macka heading back at all for cricket, or will the Maroons settle for the one day title?

Definitley mate, there is a pot with your name on it :thumbsu: I think Macca is done for the year. He was a round here a couple of days ago and was saaying that he will be working Saturdays for a while anyway

Good to see you Doon!! where have you been old mate? If you had picked up old roota what posi would you have looked at playing him?? Can he play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just read in the addy that e.dickens from w.hills has signed at sth.
no suprise as it was talked about weeks ago but alot of rumours or here say don't always eventuate.

just read in the addy that e.dickens from w.hills has signed at sth.
no suprise as it was talked about weeks ago but alot of rumours or here say don't always eventuate.

Bit of a blow losing Ed, but everyone at the club Im sure will no doubt look on with interest at how he goes this year. He is a gun player who could probably play in any position on the park, and im sure Ricky Coburn is rapt to have obtained the services of another quality player.

As for the Hillies, weve got a young bloke who's come through our 3rds who is a very similar player to Dickens, so we have high hopes he will be able to offest the loss just slightly. although without placing to much pressure on the kid. McCredden should also help fill that mobile/tall role.

Bit of a blow losing Ed, but everyone at the club Im sure will no doubt look on with interest at how he goes this year. He is a gun player who could probably play in any position on the park, and im sure Ricky Coburn is rapt to have obtained the services of another quality player.

As for the Hillies, weve got a young bloke who's come through our 3rds who is a very similar player to Dickens, so we have high hopes he will be able to offest the loss just slightly. although without placing to much pressure on the kid. McCredden should also help fill that mobile/tall role.

The McConnell boys suiting up again?

The McConnell boys suiting up again?

Doons, 2 of the 3 "Maccas" are certs to play in 2007. Poopsy is gearing up for season 16 i think he mentioned at training the other night, stating he'd done more preseasons than some of the other kids there had celebrated birthdays!

Spicka is in tip top shape, finally rid of all the ankle and knee niggles he has suffered the past couple of seasons, so look for a big year from one of the most respected players in the league in my opinion.

As for Mark, if we could just sneak him away from the LakeView on Friday nights and somewhat curb his love of Melbourne (the Bitter variety) theres every chance he might have a trot around in the 2's at some stage this year.

Both Poops and Spicka are fast approaching there 200th senior games at the club, so will be a big year for the McConnell's.

Thats fairly easy to fix isnt it silver, just tell them to get their fingers out of their arse and their thumbs out of their mouths and get the f uck to training. Then they might get a game. Problem solved.:thumbsu:

its hard for some of them to get to training because they are highly committed to a summer sport and want to put all there energy towards that particular sport and perform well. My theory is there is cricket season then there is footy season, as soon as one is finished the other one starts

some of them have read the article and said "F******** might as well not even bother playing footy because i wont get picked because i haven't done a pre-season"

its hard for some of them to get to training because they are highly committed to a summer sport and want to put all there energy towards that particular sport and perform well. My theory is there is cricket season then there is footy season, as soon as one is finished the other one starts

I would be taking a huge stab in the dark here but I will assume training is on alternate nights as has been the case for the last eon years with the great Cricket Vs Football debate.
Try coming up with an original excuse such as terrorist training is slowing me down as the packs are heavy and the bombs are getting bigger, or I'm a surf life saver at Broadford beach and had to rescue 11 people and am still a little pooped............................or heres a scoop.......do some training by yourself but let the coach know whats happening and what your up to.

dont make excuses make a commitment

I would be taking a huge stab in the dark here but I will assume training is on alternate nights as has been the case for the last eon years with the great Cricket Vs Football debate.
Try coming up with an original excuse such as terrorist training is slowing me down as the packs are heavy and the bombs are getting bigger, or I'm a surf life saver at Broadford beach and had to rescue 11 people and am still a little pooped............................or heres a scoop.......do some training by yourself but let the coach know whats happening and what your up to.

dont make excuses make a commitment

Yep, I have been mixing cricket and footy all my life and have been able to manage it. Kids need to stop making excuses

Ha Roota#6, I know this might be going over old ground mate, but any sign of D Brown at training and if not how did you go with the task i set you last week about asking the brains out at onion grass park where their big signing was, because we all know the article in the bendigo scaddy last week was a load of frog s hit, it forgot to mention that he signed on at the two blues.

Ha Roota#6, I know this might be going over old ground mate, but any sign of D Brown at training and if not how did you go with the task i set you last week about asking the brains out at onion grass park where their big signing was, because we all know the article in the bendigo scaddy last week was a load of frog s hit, it forgot to mention that he signed on at the two blues.

Mate I did ask and i was told that he will be right to go for us, I have heard that he has signed at Ehawk, but a conversation i had today with Mr Filo suggested otherwise. We will wait and see.

As i said the other day i will happily play CHF if required :D

Mate I did ask and i was told that he will be right to go for us, I have heard that he has signed at Ehawk, but a conversation i had today with Mr Filo suggested otherwise. We will wait and see.

As i said the other day i will happily play CHF if required :D

Well Roota mounts last two chf have probably won them their last two flags (pascoe and bob parr - Mr Incredible) and from what i have been told from lalbert, i don't think your quite up to the job:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back