Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Roota mounts last two chf have probably won them their last two flags (pascoe and bob parr - Mr Incredible) and from what i have been told from lalbert, i don't think your quite up to the job:D

I am no Dalts that is for sure, but i can play. Hopefully Browny will be right to go and i will be ble to trot around on the half back line and kick the pill to him on many occassions :thumbsu:

You know people from Lalbert?

its hard for some of them to get to training because they are highly committed to a summer sport and want to put all there energy towards that particular sport and perform well. My theory is there is cricket season then there is footy season, as soon as one is finished the other one starts

some of them have read the article and said "F******** might as well not even bother playing footy because i wont get picked because i haven't done a pre-season"

C'mon mate, go easy on me here, Broadford haven't got the best out of themselves lately because they haven't committed early enough thats the point as a new coach Im trying to get across. Some blokes enjoy cricket more than footy and vice versa, not trying to rub blokes the wrong way but want guys to get the best out of themselves.

Pretty sure the words "wont get picked because players haven't done a pre-season" have been uttered anywhere, and if you think they have then you mustn't know much about what Im about as a person.

Im sure the older blokes that used do footy/cricket/footy dont do it now because of wives, kids, work etc etc, I was doing pre-seasons when Alby, Billy, Blacky and co. were all there so I think you're missing the point, life gets a lot more challenging when ya get older so dont complicate it at 18.

I myself have been a loyal cricket club person since I was 13 mate, in order to give the footy gig the effort it deserves I've stepped back for this summer only. Im starting to get the feeling this is a BCC driven exercise and Im disappointed that former team and club mates are judging me in this fashion. Its becomming obvious how Im thought of now and maybe my retirement should be a permanent thing.

I am no Dalts that is for sure, but i can play. Hopefully Browny will be right to go and i will be ble to trot around on the half back line and kick the pill to him on many occassions :thumbsu:

You know people from Lalbert?

You will have your hands full on the half back line roota, just concentrate on your man first, then the pill.
There's some direction for you, as i said earlier ive been told you need a lot of it!
What do you mean HOPEFULLY?

You will have your hands full on the half back line roota, just concentrate on your man first, then the pill.
There's some direction for you, as i said earlier ive been told you need a lot of it!
What do you mean HOPEFULLY?

I'll be right Tilt, don't you worry bout that. Under the direction of Carts I am sure that my best will come out.Will be great to play under a bloke who has confidence in his players, not like the bloke i played for last year.

I said HOPEFULLY because on many occassions you have said the my new team mate may not be joining me

C'mon mate, go easy on me here, Broadford haven't got the best out of themselves lately because they haven't committed early enough thats the point as a new coach Im trying to get across. Some blokes enjoy cricket more than footy and vice versa, not trying to rub blokes the wrong way but want guys to get the best out of themselves.

Pretty sure the words "wont get picked because players haven't done a pre-season" have been uttered anywhere, and if you think they have then you mustn't know much about what Im about as a person.

Im sure the older blokes that used do footy/cricket/footy dont do it now because of wives, kids, work etc etc, I was doing pre-seasons when Alby, Billy, Blacky and co. were all there so I think you're missing the point, life gets a lot more challenging when ya get older so dont complicate it at 18.

I myself have been a loyal cricket club person since I was 13 mate, in order to give the footy gig the effort it deserves I've stepped back for this summer only. Im starting to get the feeling this is a BCC driven exercise and Im disappointed that former team and club mates are judging me in this fashion. Its becomming obvious how Im thought of now and maybe my retirement should be a permanent thing.

Ha Doona, i think your heading in the right direction mate, Some of the young blokes today need to learn what it takes to win a flag (commitment).
If they can't give you at least one night a week or speak to you about it then i think they need to seriously decide if they even want to play the game because they will be the blokes crying at the end of the year when they are left out of finals sides.

its hard for some of them to get to training because they are highly committed to a summer sport and want to put all there energy towards that particular sport and perform well. My theory is there is cricket season then there is footy season, as soon as one is finished the other one starts

some of them have read the article and said "F******** might as well not even bother playing footy because i wont get picked because i haven't done a pre-season"

Jesus Mitch all you need to do is get along to training and you will be right. You are obviously in my old mate Doons plans as i have heard on my trips over that way for cricket that you are rated hightly. Take it from me mate. Just get to training and it will go your way :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Pretty sad state of affairs when it gets to this.
In a small(ish) place it shouldn't be Cricket vs Footy.
We're not professional athletes, you'd reckon people would be able to balance two sports for a short time even if it is only as simple as going for a run by yourself.

She's right squeaky just thought a few of the boys would understand where Im coming from, I've got no problem with the cricket/footy balancing act, did it meself for a while, just gotta make em realise the commitment required to be successful.

I miss me cricket club massively mate, but as I said in order to give the BFNC the service it deserves in 2007 I needed to step back for a short while.

I'm pretty sure all Doona was saying in the article was that those who havent done a pre-season training shouldnt just expect a walk-up start in the Ones. He didnt say you wont get a game all season - i'm sure if you are good enough and show a committment to training, you will get your chance.

Bit of news .....Justin Schubert has signed up for Elmore this year.... Is a classy defender that has stopped some of the best forwards in the bfl week in week out over the past few years... earned him a spot in the bfl inter squad too in 2004, is only 25 and will prove an important player for the bloods this year.

Bit of news .....Justin Schubert has signed up for Elmore this year.... Is a classy defender that has stopped some of the best forwards in the bfl week in week out over the past few years... earned him a spot in the bfl inter squad too in 2004, is only 25 and will prove an important player for the bloods this year.

I thought this was common knowledge. Someone told me he was heading to Elmore before chrissy. BUT i don't think he has decided if his ankle is right to go, so he seeing how he goes with training and stuff. May not even play yet! Also i heard Julian Lake is signed with bloods also. Might start calling it SOUTH Elmore soon.....

I thought this was common knowledge. Someone told me he was heading to Elmore before chrissy. BUT i don't think he has decided if his ankle is right to go, so he seeing how he goes with training and stuff. May not even play yet! Also i heard Julian Lake is signed with bloods also. Might start calling it SOUTH Elmore soon.....

He has signed and will play round one.... the other bloke is staying at south.

Cam cail also returned to the country yesterday and is looking fit as fcuk. back on the track with his elmore boys next week.

He has signed and will play round one.... the other bloke is staying at south.

Cam cail also returned to the country yesterday and is looking fit as fcuk. back on the track with his elmore boys next week.

All of which only confirms my thoughts that Elmore will probably be the team to beat this year....seem to be recruiting better than most, without losing many byt he sounds of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of which only confirms my thoughts that Elmore will probably be the team to beat this year....seem to be recruiting better than most, without losing many byt he sounds of things.

i guess we'll just have to wait and see how they perform, remember it is that 1 day of the year that matters the most and elmore have never really been able to prove themselves on that one speacial day. i guess we'll wait and see

i guess we'll just have to wait and see how they perform, remember it is that 1 day of the year that matters the most and elmore have never really been able to prove themselves on that one speacial day. i guess we'll wait and see

seems to be a bit of myth created that Elmore have lost a heap of Grand Finals but I'm pretty sure that following the Premiership year of 1985 there only other Grand Final appearances were a narrow loss to Mounts in 1997 and last year again to Mounts.
They look set to again give themselves another chance in 2007.

seems to be a bit of myth created that Elmore have lost a heap of Grand Finals but I'm pretty sure that following the Premiership year of 1985 there only other Grand Final appearances were a narrow loss to Mounts in 1997 and last year again to Mounts.
They look set to again give themselves another chance in 2007.

yer guess so, but there not exactly what you'd call a succesful club. all talk about the big names they have signed then never produce the goods, must get bit sick of talkin themselves up year after year then failing??

yer guess so, but there not exactly what you'd call a succesful club. all talk about the big names they have signed then never produce the goods, must get bit sick of talkin themselves up year after year then failing??

Ive said this a couple of times but i actually dont believe elmore "talk themselves up" The club goes out and trys to recruit players from locally and abroad just like any other club if we get them then thats good but i dont hear anyone saying in the papers or anywhere, any year that we are definitely going to win the grand final.
I think we will be up there again this year and i hope we win it but mounts deserve to be considered the favourite as they are the reigning premiers.

Not really sure of Elmore's history but wasn't it only about four years ago they had no recruits and finished winless on the bottom of the ladder? don't think they talked themselves up that year...

Not really sure of Elmore's history but wasn't it only about four years ago they had no recruits and finished winless on the bottom of the ladder? don't think they talked themselves up that year...

oh don't worry, they probably did in the pre-season, there good at it. they'd win a premiership for it.

Heard today that he and the McCumbers were going to Calivil.

Yer I reckon the Calivil one would be closer to the mark as they are working the Brougham Arms hotel a sponsor of the Demons. I believe South were likely to get them but could be changing pubs.

Heard today that he and the McCumbers were going to Calivil.

Well, I would think with Sammy Gill returning to the Hillies....Id still be qietly confident of Styner playing in the red and black at Scott Street in '07. Hopefully the recruitment crew can swing him our way.

As for the MacCumbers, pretty sure Luke was told not to play footy again after he dislocated/cracked his pelvis out at Huntly 3 years ago...and as for Scotty well his hamstrings arn't all that flash, so would have to be in doubt also.

brent, i here poyner wants to head back to nully and jason peters has been training at serp.

north look to be active according to the transfer list.

any got any praccy games or fitness camps lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back