Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must thank Alistair and the Heathcote lads for Elmore's wake up call last week, really kicked em into gear.

A 15 minute burst in the 3rd term that netted 6 goals pretty much put the game to bed after the Broady boys had a real crack up until then. Fought the match out but with 7-8 Elmore goals resulting from direct skill turnovers the Bloods really hurt us on the rebound, and also were much better at releasing players off half back and thru the middle.

Fletch never played, we lost Billy Neilson 5 minutes in, Glenny Rowbotham spent time off injured and Matty Coomans also played hurt for the final 3 terms. Got a lot more out of that loss than last week's win, boys ran the game out and applied plenty of pressure which was commendable, but our skill level at times hurt massively along with a lot of loose checking.
TRYING TO GET FLETCH AT MELB CLUB, BIT DIFFICULT BUT THINK WE MIGHT JUST HAVE HIM.WOULD BE EASY FOR HIM LIVING IN MELB.:D :thumbsu:

Are you talking about Tony Mokbel Clohesy? Im amazed he hasnt been arrested as he is a spitting image of him-for $1 million it might be worth dobbing him in and see if they pick it!

If Clohesy is Mokbel, Garry Moulday must be Carl Williams - although i think Carl is in better shape physically (& mentally):thumbsu: .

How bout the questions in the yabba boys. I reckon I know 3 out of the four.

1. Who is now on the Bgo Bomber list that played in Huntly's under 17s premiership in 2000? I reckon that'd be Dale Young. Bombers picked him up from G/S 2s.

2. Where was the grand final in 2000 played? Elmore

3. Where did new roos coach Chris Nolan coach in 2005? Is that Yea Doonz

4. Who did HDFL president Keith Robertson take over from?

How bout the questions in the yabba boys. I reckon I know 3 out of the four.

1. Who is now on the Bgo Bomber list that played in Huntly's under 17s premiership in 2000? I reckon that'd be Dale Young. Bombers picked him up from G/S 2s.

2. Where was the grand final in 2000 played? Elmore

3. Where did new roos coach Chris Nolan coach in 2005? Is that Yea Doonz

4. Who did HDFL president Keith Robertson take over from?

Yeah mate :thumbsu: Reckon the final answer could be the current Stanhope FC president if ya wana investigate

every club has their fair share of player turnovers, saturdays results have nothing to do with last year. heathcote also have to find their feet as they had several players come & go. you are right premierships arent given on may 7th. but why not give credit where credit is due. heathcote were far to good for mounts on saturday regardless of who was or wasnt missing from both sides.

who did Heathcote lose that was actually any good? The guys I named would all be named in a HDFL interleague team if they had to pick one in 2006.

If Clohesy is Mokbel, Garry Moulday must be Carl Williams - although i think Carl is in better shape physically (& mentally):thumbsu: .

From what i can gather Carl and Garry resemble very similair characters-both are very cagey and im tipn both got money stashed in there backyard everywhere!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who did Heathcote lose that was actually any good? The guys I named would all be named in a HDFL interleague team if they had to pick one in 2006.

i dont follow the club all that closely, but damian & ross smith, dan obree are handy players and i am sure there were others
as i said in my previous post saturdays results have no bearing on last years playing list. we are now playing in 2007. mounts are a very successful club and enjoy winning however in sport losing is all part of it, and the 1 thing mount pleasant cant handle is losing. you were beaten last saturday by a better side, end of story.

From what i can gather Carl and Garry resemble very similair characters-both are very cagey and im tipn both got money stashed in there backyard everywhere!

Garry Moulday has promised everything but delivered nothing for the club. If he could play footy half as well as he tells you he can then he would be a SUPERSTAR!:cool:

Garry Moulday has promised everything but delivered nothing for the club. If he could play footy half as well as he tells you he can then he would be a SUPERSTAR!:cool:
i did meet him once and his opening line was he kicked 9 goals for some team one day about 5 years ago. I wonder if Huntly were paying him?

What ever is said about gaz moulday one thing is for sure he is a good bloke to have around the club, is suffering from a leg injury at the moment but will be handy when fit again. :thumbsu:

i dont follow the club all that closely, but damian & ross smith, dan obree are handy players and i am sure there were others
as i said in my previous post saturdays results have no bearing on last years playing list. we are now playing in 2007. mounts are a very successful club and enjoy winning however in sport losing is all part of it, and the 1 thing mount pleasant cant handle is losing. you were beaten last saturday by a better side, end of story.

Jaan Conheady would play in any interleague side and Hayes was another big man Heathcote had to replace although he didn't have the greatest of years. Interesting to note that 15 of the players in that team on Saturday were locals and oldmanemu is spot on when he says they don't hand out flags in May, June 30 is still 7 weeks away and you would think that there would be some shopping going on right now.

What ever is said about gaz moulday one thing is for sure he is a good bloke to have around the club, is suffering from a leg injury at the moment but will be handy when fit again. :thumbsu:

He is GREAT bloke to have around the club. And i can ASSURE you if anyone has a backhoe, taking a bucket load of dirt from his backyard would uncover plenty of bags of cash, aswell as stationery and merchandise from previous jobs and footy clubs! As for footy ability, i think the last few years have been pretty unkind to him, but from all accounts was a pretty handy player before he put a few kg's on! I think whatever he got paid by the hawks, would have easily been put back over the bar with interest.... Unlike some others.

i agree with you oldmanemu on all but one of them, would you have ferrier in last years interleague team???

games this week boys, who is in action???

I would say Damien Smith was a pretty handy at the level given he was runner-up in the 2005 Sam Cheatley medal Jaan Conheady would have made the 2006 interleague team and he previously represented the Central Murray league while Sean Young and Ross Smith were handy players also. Daniel Anderson also played 8 to 10 games last year and even though he is still on the list is unlikely to play more than 1 or 2.

I would say Damien Smith was a pretty handy at the level given he was runner-up in the 2005 Sam Cheatley medal Jaan Conheady would have made the 2006 interleague team and he previously represented the Central Murray league while Sean Young and Ross Smith were handy players also. Daniel Anderson also played 8 to 10 games last year and even though he is still on the list is unlikely to play more than 1 or 2.

I saw Damien Smith, Jason Conheady, Sean Young and Ross Smith Play twice last year both time's Ross Smith got my vote's.D Smith & J Conheady went missing when the pressure was on. For big name player's
they did not handle the pressure to well in 2006

I know gaz and he would not waste his time talking to a GERM like you Threadbo, blow back to the CHFL tread.

as i said in my previous post saturdays results have no bearing on last years playing list. we are now playing in 2007. mounts are a very successful club and enjoy winning however in sport losing is all part of it, and the 1 thing mount pleasant cant handle is losing. you were beaten last saturday by a better side, end of story.[/quote]

We can handle it, we just don't like it and don't want it to happen to often. As i said in an earlier post Heathcote were terrific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back