Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think you missed the point. Hosting a 1st semi-final is not going to make your club win a premiership. Having sub-standard facilities won't help either. We are still in a drought and grounds are hard. Players in our league don't make a living out of footy, they have to work during the week, so someone who is a tradey or whatever puts their job at risk if they break a wrist or something on a rock-hard surface. Lets use some common sense and showcase our league by playing on the best surfaces with the best facilities.[/quote]

Dont really wanna flog a dead horse, but mounts facilities wouldnt rate up there with the best facilities, would they? away rooms for a start and even the home rooms are small. At least the showers have a concrete floor. lol
i think you missed the point tosser. the league should have a policy where by each club gets the chance to run a final at there ground. it would be on a rotating system. so that the teams that miss out one year get there go the following year. yes i agree with the grounds being up to scratch so therefore the league should of been making sure and confirming huntlys ground was up to scratch weeks in advance. The prelim final and the grand final should be played at the best possible grounds. regardless of whether its a home final for mounts, colbo or elmore.

its plain and simple. what happens on feild and off huntly will never be a force while they are in the heathcote league. they the league dont want them in the competition. This is just another slap in the face for huntly and shows you the league could not give a rats arse about them.

What a load of crap mate, If Huntly looked after there ground for the entire season not just for finals they wouldn't have an issue would they.
A truck load of water on dirt equals mud.
I think you only have to have a look at the Loddon valley second semi on saturday at Bridgewater to see what happens when teams play on a bad surface. One concussion, a knee and a shoulder all of which im told were a result of playing football on concrete.

as i said early on. this whole ****ing league is revolved around those ****ing **** hole mount pleasent football club!!

the league may as well be called the 'give mounts another premiership football league'.

The Saints are coming!
- insipid Roos eliminated

by Matt Nicholls

HEATHCOTE looms as a ‘smoky’ for a grand final berth after smashing an insipid Broadford line-up on Sunday.
Hordes of fans packed Mount Pleasant’s Toolleen ground to see the biggest non-event in the Heathcote District Football League finals for quite some time.
In a 50-50 match where Broadford was rated a terrific chance of advancing past the elimination final, the Roos simply didn’t come to play.
It was a game where the midfield would decide the victor, and the Saints were simply brilliant in the centre.
With an abundance of talls, Heathcote was able to play young gun Lech Featherstone in the ruck for most of the day, freeing up full-forward Matt Waters and centre-half-forward Tom Tobin.
Playing coach and big man Alistair Meldrum was restricted to the bench in the second half with a shoulder injury, but because Featherstone, Waters and Tobin were so dominant, he was able to enjoy a back-seat ride.
When the Broadford on-ballers did manage to sneak forward, the Saints’ half-back line repelled many of the Roos attacks.
Daniel Carroll was quiet early, but found much more of the ball as the game continued, combining with Jon Jess in defence to rebound the ball back into their attacking zone.
John Rowe battled hard in the centre for Broadford, along with Chris Dunne and Adrian Wilson, but the Roos were hammered in the ruck and beaten at the stoppages as a consequence.
When Tobin marked and goaled from 35 metres out within the first minute of the match, you knew that the Roos were going to be hard-pressed to restrict Heathcote’s goalkickers.
Nick Redenbach floated forward to sneak the next one to keep Broadford in touch, but soon had to leave the field with a hip injury.
When Waters marked and goaled, it wasn’t long until the Saints held a 30-point lead, with only the quarter-time siren slowing them down.
The second term was much better for the Roos, apart for wasted opportunities.
Broadford kicked the first two goals and Aaron Bray had a chance to put them within 11 points from a reasonably easy set shot and sprayed it.
Moments later youngster Andrew Saladino floated forward to snag a goal and halt the Roos’ momentum.
A mark and goal from a 50-metre penalty bonus to Daniel Fletcher saw the Roos get back within 16 points, and when John Taylor kicked accurately to put them within 10, the crowd thought there was a contest.
But some brilliance by Matt Waters saw him kick three of the Saints’ next five goals and blow the margin back out to 35 points at half time.
No one was game to dismiss Broadford’s chances of a comeback, but you sensed that Heathcote players were so full of confidence that they just wouldn’t let the Roos get within cooee of their score.
Once again it was Waters who did the damage.
While he didn’t kick the first goal of the second half, he contributed with a smart knock over his right shoulder into the arms of teammate Dan O’Bree who put Saints up by 41 points.
Moments later, when 150-gamer Mick Ring goaled to blow the lead out further, you could see the die-hard Broadford fans drop their heads – the game was over with virtually a half to play.
Heathcote went on to kick a further seven unanswered goals in the term to lead by 89 points at the final break, before slowing down to rest key players for the first semi-final against Mount Pleasant on Sunday.
As a result, Broadford kicked 6.4 to 2.5 in the last quarter to bring the margin back to a reasonably respectable 66 points, but the damage was already done.
WATCH OUT
Assuming Heathcote stays injury free this week and keep the same or similar side on the park, there is no way they can lose to Mount Pleasant on Sunday.
The Saints are full of confidence and have a close-knit playing group which is bound to be a huge advantage against their more experienced rivals.
As for Broadford, they still have four netball sides in the finals, as well as their reserves and Under 17s. Both will have benefited from their bye on the weekend and should be raring to go.
The seniors will get together before Christmas for another strong pre-season, and should be much improved in 2008.
SENIORS
Heathcote 7.2, 13.3, 22.6, 24.11 (155) d
Broadford 2.2, 7.4, 7.7, 13.11 (89).
Goals (H): M. Waters 10; T. Tobin 3; D. O’Bree, M. Ring 2; A. Saladino, W. Sanders, B. Sheppard, R. Taylor, J. Dellar, L. Featherstone, J. Hancock.
Best: Tobin, Waters, Featherstone, Saladino, J. Jess, D. Carroll.
Goals (B): J. Taylor 5; R. Rowbotham, J. Rowe 2; C. Dunne, M. Edwards, D. Fletcher, N. Redenbach.
Best: Rowe, A. Wilson, M. Gillard, L. Collier, M. Williams, G. Wearne.

What a load of crap mate, If Huntly looked after there ground for the entire season not just for finals they wouldn't have an issue would they.
A truck load of water on dirt equals mud.
I think you only have to have a look at the Loddon valley second semi on saturday at Bridgewater to see what happens when teams play on a bad surface. One concussion, a knee and a shoulder all of which im told were a result of playing football on concrete.
are you just plain stupid or did you not read all of the thread. i will space it out for you now mate so you can read it and take it all in pecker head. The league should of been confirming with huntly weeks in advance whether there ground was up to scratch !!!!! Therefore it would of been taken away from them much earlier than now. and i would not have to explain myself to a narrow minded fool like yourself!!!!!:D:D:D

its plain and simple. what happens on feild and off huntly will never be a force while they are in the heathcote league. they the league dont want them in the competition. This is just another slap in the face for huntly and shows you the league could not give a rats arse about them.
YOUR DEAD RIGHT TEAMS LIKE HUNTLY AND BROADFORD ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE LEAGUE WOULD NOT DO BOTH THESE TEAMS ANY FAVOURS WHAT SO EVER:D

they dont play extra finals here(locky heathcote and broady) becuase they are deemed to be not central enough for the league and dont think numbers will get there. if was up to the league they would play all finals in central locations but due to unfortunate ground condition of bendigo grounds they have given the extra finals to mounts and elmore.
ALL THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT GROUNDS LIKE BROADFORD AND LOCKY NOT BEING CENTRAL ENOUGH IS BOLLOCKS. NOT CENTRAL ENOUGH TO WHAT I ASK.. DONT YOU THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET PEOPLE FROM SAY ECHUCA OR SEYMOUR OR KILMORE TO COME AND SEE HOW GOOD A STANDARD OUR LEAGUE IS..NA BUGGER THAT THE WHOLE WORLD MUST REVOLVE AROUND BENDIGO:)

Nicko you must have missed that Heathcote had 5 sore boys on the bench late in the last quarter and two at the least won't come up next week.

None of the league exec's cares about Huntly? I'm sure Trev Arnel would take great offence to that! The league should rotate the grounds each year so they all get a go but it is hard for them as they must make sure the playing surfaces are up to scratch (I dunno guys but I wouldnt be happy if we lost the granny because the week before we lost 3 key players due to the hardness of the ground) so if the ground is to hard the game should be moved, that said they should give huntly a chance and say you have untill the Saturday before the game and if its not up to scratch, bad luck. That way the club know what they have to do and can bring in water or weigh up wether its worth paying for truck loads of water and if they'll cover that cost in the canteen. Wasnt Huntly touted as a possible GF ground?

The only places the GF will be played are Colbo, Elmore Mounts, or Locky (a very slim possibity), Broady is too far and not enough parking, same can be argued by WH (small rooms), Hunlty is playing surface and Heathcote who knows, maybe parking as well.

The problem is that over the past 5 years the power teams have been Colbo, Mounts, Elmore and Locky soyou never know where the granny will be played. There are some who would like to have the granny at the QEO and if I was playing I would like that (better ground, rooms and bigger crowds?) but as a spectator I'd rather it at a HDFL ground. Country footy is all about backing the ute in with the couches, having a few beers and yelling till you cant talk and there's no possible way that could happen at the QEO. They way its shaping up Mounts could possibly have the elimination final, First semi-final and the granny. More than likely Elmore v Colbo granny, so if Cote beat Mounts next week end they will have the best ground (in league's view?) that is not playing. Locky wont get it as they couldnt have the prelim and granny and the only other ground left is heatcote. That game next sunday could decide a lot.

I am sure HFC are doing all they can to get their on-ground and off-ground things in order to have a competitive side next season, and the ground is improving, and wouldn't be in any worse nick than most grounds. The Bridgewater ground on the weekend was ordinary, and I was surprised someone wasn't doing an ankle or knee every 5 minutes with all the potholes and grass clumps everywhere.

Losing a final won't help Huntly's cause, and the blow-out of saying the ground is no good won't entice players to play there.

It's all about getting a good coach out there though. The club will have new social rooms for 2008, the junior club and Under 17s are strong, the netball club is strong, it's just a matter of getting some footballers out there, who want to be part of re-building not just a football team, but a football/netball club, and don't want to just jump on a premiership bandwagon.

Wonder if anyone is man enough to have a go?

None of the league exec's cares about Huntly? I'm sure Trev Arnel would take great offence to that! The league should rotate the grounds each year so they all get a go but it is hard for them as they must make sure the playing surfaces are up to scratch (I dunno guys but I wouldnt be happy if we lost the granny because the week before we lost 3 key players due to the hardness of the ground) so if the ground is to hard the game should be moved, that said they should give huntly a chance and say you have untill the Saturday before the game and if its not up to scratch, bad luck. That way the club know what they have to do and can bring in water or weigh up wether its worth paying for truck loads of water and if they'll cover that cost in the canteen. Wasnt Huntly touted as a possible GF ground?

The only places the GF will be played are Colbo, Elmore Mounts, or Locky (a very slim possibity), Broady is too far and not enough parking, same can be argued by WH (small rooms), Hunlty is playing surface and Heathcote who knows, maybe parking as well.

The problem is that over the past 5 years the power teams have been Colbo, Mounts, Elmore and Locky soyou never know where the granny will be played. There are some who would like to have the granny at the QEO and if I was playing I would like that (better ground, rooms and bigger crowds?) but as a spectator I'd rather it at a HDFL ground. Country footy is all about backing the ute in with the couches, having a few beers and yelling till you cant talk and there's no possible way that could happen at the QEO. They way its shaping up Mounts could possibly have the elimination final, First semi-final and the granny. More than likely Elmore v Colbo granny, so if Cote beat Mounts next week end they will have the best ground (in league's view?) that is not playing. Locky wont get it as they couldnt have the prelim and granny and the only other ground left is heatcote. That game next sunday could decide a lot.
your saying the same crap i just said in previous threads. trev arnel is only one bloke so when a decision is made by the league it is made by voting. sure he might care but the others turn a blind eye to this when it happends. money makes things happen in this world!!!! clubs with no money just take a back seat to the clubs with the money. IF THE LEAGUE WERE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS THEY WOULD BE TRYING TO AVOID THESE PROBLEMS!!! HELP EACH CLUB GET THERE OWN IRRAGATION. A WATER BORE. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicko you must have missed that Heathcote had 5 sore boys on the bench late in the last quarter and two at the least won't come up next week.

I didn't miss them cash man, just have faith in the healing powers down at Barrack Reserve. I know two will be missing, but I believe Mounts have some injury concerns of their own and if Heathcote play similarly to the way they did on Sunday, the Saints will win. Lech proved he can ruck a whole game and with Waters and Tobin working well in tandem, as well as Saladino finding plenty of the pill in the centre, Heatchote will be hard to stop.

Interesting point sloth, although I am sure the SFC would like to keep the money for themselves. It would give them a practice run out there though.

your saying the same crap i just said in previous threads. trev arnel is only one bloke so when a decision is made by the league it is made by voting. sure he might care but the others turn a blind eye to this when it happends. money makes things happen in this world!!!! clubs with no money just take a back seat to the clubs with the money. IF THE LEAGUE WERE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS THEY WOULD BE TRYING TO AVOID THESE PROBLEMS!!! HELP EACH CLUB GET THERE OWN IRRAGATION. A WATER BORE. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Mate its easier said than done, if it was a simple as saying "hey the grounds looking a bit dry, let chuck a bore in and start watering" dont you think the clubs would of already made the decision. Elmore have the bore because it has an enormus water store under it, the same one that mounts have tapped, unfortunately it doesnt run into bendigo and if it did I think the City of Greater Bendigo shire would have better use for it other than water footy grounds. Even if it was footy grounds I think the QEO would be higher on the priority than little old Huntly.

It's very unfortunate for Huntly but as I said before safety must come first, people are saying it will be hard for Huntly to attract players because the league said the ground isnt up to scratch. It will be hard for all clubs to attract players if they play on sub-standard ground where unneccessary injuries happen, I wouldnt want to play in a league were they dont care about the players and send you out on a ground harder than concrete

Mate its easier said than done, if it was a simple as saying "hey the grounds looking a bit dry, let chuck a bore in and start watering" dont you think the clubs would of already made the decision. Elmore have the bore because it has an enormus water store under it, the same one that mounts have tapped, unfortunately it doesnt run into bendigo and if it did I think the City of Greater Bendigo shire would have better use for it other than water footy grounds. Even if it was footy grounds I think the QEO would be higher on the priority than little old Huntly.

It's very unfortunate for Huntly but as I said before safety must come first, people are saying it will be hard for Huntly to attract players because the league said the ground isnt up to scratch. It will be hard for all clubs to attract players if they play on sub-standard ground where unneccessary injuries happen, I wouldnt want to play in a league were they dont care about the players and send you out on a ground harder than concrete
WELL NESKO25 I PLAYED ON TOOLEEN YESTERDAY AND BELIEVE ME MATE THAT GROUND WAS PRETTY HARD. I WOULD SAY OUT OF THE EIGHT INJURIES BETWEEN BOTH SIDES FIVE WOULD HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY GROUND IMPACT. SO WHAT MAKES TOOLEEN ANY BETTER THAN HUNTLY.. OH AND THIS THING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ENOUGH CARS INTO GROUNDS LIKE HEATHCOTE AND BROADFORD. WHAT DOES CAR PARKING MATTER IN REGARDS TO REVENUE SO LONG AS PEOPLE PAY TO COME THROUGH THE GATE THATS ALL THAT MATTERS SURELY:confused:

WELL NESKO25 I PLAYED ON TOOLEEN YESTERDAY AND BELIEVE ME MATE THAT GROUND WAS PRETTY HARD. I WOULD SAY OUT OF THE EIGHT INJURIES BETWEEN BOTH SIDES FIVE WOULD HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY GROUND IMPACT. SO WHAT MAKES TOOLEEN ANY BETTER THAN HUNTLY.. OH AND THIS THING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ENOUGH CARS INTO GROUNDS LIKE HEATHCOTE AND BROADFORD. WHAT DOES CAR PARKING MATTER IN REGARDS TO REVENUE SO LONG AS PEOPLE PAY TO COME THROUGH THE GATE THATS ALL THAT MATTERS SURELY:confused:

Not sure if there is any need for all the capitals powerforward. I didnt goto the footy yesterday and I played at Mounts in round 10 and it was as good as can be expected this year. If the league believes the the ground at Mounts is better than Huntly, thats good enough for me. Try seeing this from the leagues point of view. I believe they should let Huntly try and get the ground up, it may not happen this week but they can have the prelim and Locky the granny lol.

Oh and the car parking does matter, I currently have to work with the City of Greater Bendigo and Campaspe shire for my uni course and they dont like having car's parked all the way up the streets clogging traffic and such. I also dunno about you but I would much rather have my car parked 100m away from the oval than 500m or 600m which may be the case at Heathcote or Broady. Today's people are very very lazy and they dont like to walk.

Not sure if there is any need for all the capitals powerforward. I didnt goto the footy yesterday and I played at Mounts in round 10 and it was as good as can be expected this year. If the league believes the the ground at Mounts is better than Huntly, thats good enough for me. Try seeing this from the leagues point of view. I believe they should let Huntly try and get the ground up, it may not happen this week but they can have the prelim and Locky the granny lol.

Oh and the car parking does matter, I currently have to work with the City of Greater Bendigo and Campaspe shire for my uni course and they dont like having car's parked all the way up the streets clogging traffic and such. I also dunno about you but I would much rather have my car parked 100m away from the oval than 500m or 600m which may be the case at Heathcote or Broady. Today's people are very very lazy and they dont like to walk.
Thats nonsense about carparking what about where they play the GVFL grand final at Deakin Reserve you have to walk sometimes a mile. Theres no carpaking there.

Why don't we just tell it how it is on here fellas? The HDFL don't like Broadford and won't give them a decent final. There is nothing wrong with the playing surface. There is ample parking in and around the ground, the changerooms are a reasonable standard. As for not being central, many of the players come from either Bendigo or Melbourne to play in the HDFL anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

:( Ok lads, had a few hours to get me head around things so here goes.

I've said for a long time that whilst footy can be character building, finals footy can reveal ones character. Yesterday we were jumped by a more switched on footy side. There's no point saying "what ifs" we were ordinary end of story.

We are all judged how we perform on the big stage, maybe I didn't have the best of days myself I dunno, but we had a lot of boys who were down - couldn't get themselves up for a big clash, and as dejected as they were last night they (me included) have to live with that.

As I said to the boys, we've closed a few gaps, became competitive, and put in some gallant efforts over the year - but if we don't back it up in 2008 then it means little. All I asked is that they all give the BFNC first crack at their services in 2008, add a couple and things to this group and it will continue to evolve into something.

Optimistic I dont know, but Ive always said "surround yourself with good people and in time good things will happen" time will tell if Im full of it I guess. All energy now surrounds our 2's, 3's and netball. Now that Im not an opponent I say good luck to Alistair, Cam, Bluey and Locky and may the best team win :thumbsu:

Strathfieldsaye may be the best ground option for next years final series.
Split the money through out the HDFL

What about the old Tooboorac ground it looks a treat. Get some changerooms etc built (plenty of parking/already netball courts) and there's ya neutral HDFL venue should a last minute change ever be needed in the future :thumbsu:

as i said early on. this whole ****ing league is revolved around those ****ing **** hole mount pleasent football club!!

the league may as well be called the 'give mounts another premiership football league'.

Haha jealousy is not a good virtue my friend. Sounds like you is a bit of a sore loser. Get over it, mounts are just a well run club and a good bunch of blokes.

Nothing against colbo, but have mounts ever had a home grand final? I think that is more favoritism thab mounts have ever had!

You say you and your mates got hurt on the mounts ground, well let me tell you that after we played at broadford i had rashes all over my legs from the rock hard carpet like ground and i was quite concerned i might catch a disease. Never had that problem at Toolleen all year.

Why would a league want to revolve around one club? Have you any evidence of any real favoritism towards mounts?

:thumbsu:Eat a dik!:p

i think that a players safety should probably come first. dont think that huntly have had the rough end of the stick, maybe the water needed to be applied a bit earlier on than the start of this week. anyway im sure the league will re-imburse huntly another final, much like north bendigo are set to receive. personally i couldnt care less whether there is ample parking or not, whether i have to travel 10 or 100 minutes, im just hoping on the day of the granny, we get one of those days where the sun is shining the same as it has of late, the beers are cold and we have a ball tearer of a football match, in all grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back