Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has got to be the funniest line in a post I have ever read on Big Footy.
Reminds me of the virgin I have sex with.
I think youl find a football club has to make money to spend money. Unless you H&D football clubs a privately owned?

Haha there was a bit of an oxymoron in there CD. You know what i mean

Has got to be the funniest line in a post I have ever read on Big Footy.
Reminds me of the virgin I have sex with.
I think youl find a football club has to make money to spend money. Unless you H&D football clubs a privately owned?
I think the point is Cellar Dwellar that if you aren't a successful side, people won't come and spend their hard earned through the gate. Therefore, if you spend money (ie. on good footballers) then everyone wants to be a part of the success and will spend their money on, or at the footy club. Think laterally my friend.

I guess its like the old chicken and the egg!!! Where does it start. My opinion is that a club spends money to make money. Do you think money walks in the door without one bit of investing into something?
Goes something like this.....Buy players......have success......Make money from sponsors,memberships etc...... this just doesnt happen all the time. Hence, this is how clubs go under with financial difficulty.
Does your club operate differently?
That's my point.

I think the point is Cellar Dwellar that if you aren't a successful side, people won't come and spend their hard earned through the gate. Therefore, if you spend money (ie. on good footballers) then everyone wants to be a part of the success and will spend their money on, or at the footy club. Think laterally my friend.

Thanks RWB. You have been at the top of a club you probabaly understand what i mean. I wish Heathcote had a tree of money the Cellar dwellar must have planted in the goal square.

I guess its like the old chicken and the egg!!! Where does it start. My opinion is that a club spends money to make money. Do you think money walks in the door without one bit of investing into something?
Goes something like this.....Buy players......have success......Make money from sponsors,memberships etc...... this just doesnt happen all the time. Hence, this is how clubs go under with financial difficulty.
Does your club operate differently?
I think you will find that my point would be-
A successful club will spend the money they raise and not raise the money they spend. Financial difficulty occurs when a club spends more money than they can raise! To build a strong club for the future its important not to over spend. Have a lean year save the coin and afford a future. Work hard of the field then spend what you have and what you will afford.

I did not know anyones figure from last year apart from the $40 unpaid players received.
That line is a classic.

A successful club will spend the money they raise and not raise the money they spend. Financial difficulty occurs when a club spends more money than they can raise! To build a strong club for the future its important not to over spend. Have a lean year save the coin and afford a future. Work hard of the field then spend what you have and what you will afford.

I did not know anyones figure from last year apart from the $40 unpaid players received.
That line is a classic.

Or just go for broke, spend a shit load to try and win a flag. Then leave it up to someone else to pick up the peices and save the club in the future. Cause you dont care , you have a medalion on the shelf.
Sorry (seems an appropriate day)
As this post has been miss understood in the past I wish to anounce that it is nothing more than an attempt of humour. It is a sarcastic remark that has unforunantly been taken as my ture oppinion. It was my thought that after reading my previouse post (in which this was a reply to) people would see the sarcasim and humour. I appologies for uppseting anyone and will indevour not to make the same mistake in the future.

Big news from Heatcote training tonight,the one and only RWB back training, a slow start just doing 5 laps started at 5.30pm and finished at 6.45pm.Good to see the club had enough sense to have a Ambulance on stand by:D

Good to see you pushing the yards out RWB... Bad news for Mick Ring I must say.. Pyalong's #1 school teacher is struggling with a groin injury after a rampaging night in Echuca..

I can only imagine what sort of condition the future wife is in...

Good to see you pushing the yards out RWB... Bad news for Mick Ring I must say.. Pyalong's #1 school teacher is struggling with a groin injury after a rampaging night in Echuca..

I can only imagine what sort of condition the future wife is in...
Yes, thanks Phuket. Expect about a seven o'clock ETA tomorrow night and might even see if I can get up to seven or so before caving in mentally and physically.:D Don't ever become figurehead of a footy club cellar dwellar, because that's where your club will stay, mate. Get in and do the hard yards. We know that the club can pick up 20 odd thousand at our Auction (last year 23), so we budget 15 to spend on players out of that money. We know that we'll get 170 odd members, we know what amount roughly sponsorship will be. We know around what money people pay through the gate, and we know how many people attend our main functions etc., so it's no real science on what you can spend on players and if the club (who if you would like to know is well and truly in the black) want to have a crack at a flag, good on them. We're not as rich as some in the league and probably the only reason why we can have a go is because the last four or so years people have got off their backsides and decided to have a dip and get the footy club healthy again (netball included). I find your comment about leaving others to pick up the pieces a bit of an indictment on the current committee, in particular Andrew, who happens to be club games record holder and wouldn't leave the club in a precarious position. They're having a go, if it doesn't come off then it's bad luck. The club will survive.

Yes, thanks Phuket. Expect about a seven o'clock ETA tomorrow night and might even see if I can get up to seven or so before caving in mentally and physically.:D Don't ever become figurehead of a footy club cellar dwellar, because that's where your club will stay, mate. Get in and do the hard yards. We know that the club can pick up 20 odd thousand at our Auction (last year 23), so we budget 15 to spend on players out of that money. We know that we'll get 170 odd members, we know what amount roughly sponsorship will be. We know around what money people pay through the gate, and we know how many people attend our main functions etc., so it's no real science on what you can spend on players and if the club (who if you would like to know is well and truly in the black) want to have a crack at a flag, good on them. We're not as rich as some in the league and probably the only reason why we can have a go is because the last four or so years people have got off their backsides and decided to have a dip and get the footy club healthy again (netball included). I find your comment about leaving others to pick up the pieces a bit of an indictment on the current committee, in particular Andrew, who happens to be club games record holder and wouldn't leave the club in a precarious position. They're having a go, if it doesn't come off then it's bad luck. The club will survive.
A bit harsh on me there RWB.
My fellings are the mate comment may have been sarcastic too.

Hey Farva, biscuits and Conrad. Making the trip down for satdy night. If you dont you acnt have a go at me for not making the trip to locky. Whens the Australian? Who else is going Farva

I guess the point i was trying to make initially was that I love how everyone speculates on what clubs are spending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did that money come from that they raised? On the old money tree again. Mate, when you talk about expenditure in a club the buck does not stop at a player payment. Its beer for the fridges, in which club makes profit on, its the maintanence on the facilites so that a game can take place, ie water etc....which in turn gets people through the gate. This is where it all starts.

Hey Farva, biscuits and Conrad. Making the trip down for satdy night. If you dont you acnt have a go at me for not making the trip to locky. Whens the Australian? Who else is going Farva

yogi has awoken! i will come if im not working "o'hairy one". been working nights,it is absoloute sillyness. aus cup is march 8. your going,thats all that matters.haha.me, oz ,derm,jobe,marcos bagdadis,****,skip, biscuits?, slothrat, conrad? etc etc. just think of the most menacing people u know and theyll be on the bus starkers. nathcameron sends his apologies tho. 12seats,so gota be quick quick quick. next satdy nite pre season "training"camp 2 nesko.be there with nothin but bells on.

yogi has awoken! i will come if im not working "o'hairy one". been working nights,it is absoloute sillyness. aus cup is march 8. your going,thats all that matters.haha.me, oz ,derm,jobe,marcos bagdadis,****,skip, biscuits?, slothrat, conrad? etc etc. just think of the most menacing people u know and theyll be on the bus starkers. nathcameron sends his apologies tho. 12seats,so gota be quick quick quick. next satdy nite pre season "training"camp 2 nesko.be there with nothin but bells on.

nesko.... i think its a little unfair that you can compare you not making it to a single training yet. to us getting to a one night only event in the big smoke. not to say that i wont attend. im sure i might be able to make the trip down depending on other locals. farva i will be far far away on the 8th or march, so no i wont be attending aus cup. d

i think it is about time you got the bendigo boys organised and get them down to training. dont you think??

nesko.... i think its a little unfair that you can compare you not making it to a single training yet. to us getting to a one night only event in the big smoke. not to say that i wont attend. im sure i might be able to make the trip down depending on other locals. farva i will be far far away on the 8th or march, so no i wont be attending aus cup. d

i think it is about time you got the bendigo boys organised and get them down to training. dont you think??

Exactly mate "to a one night only event". Been very busy, work wens nights there goes 1 training and play pool comp on mon. Been in Canberra talking to a few Rochy boys up there and just looking at the city its self.

Dunno what alot of the boys are up to. Hages might take the year off as he is now a bouncer at Uni (nesko doesnt encourage people becoming bouncers, dirty bastards), BBBBBrrrrrraaaaaddddd Smit moved to melb? and havnt heard from the 2s b and f winner.

Doona whats happened to young Gilly, Dunney conned him into BD. Surely he can see what a massive step down in the standard and he will be a star. Also see WH have lost one very good running players in Danga's Rees, one of WH most underrated players.

Where did that money come from that they raised? On the old money tree again. Mate, when you talk about expenditure in a club the buck does not stop at a player payment. Its beer for the fridges, in which club makes profit on, its the maintanence on the facilites so that a game can take place, ie water etc....which in turn gets people through the gate. This is where it all starts.
You really are a little precious. Are you reading what Im saying or am I not clear.

Exactly mate "to a one night only event". Been very busy, work wens nights there goes 1 training and play pool comp on mon. Been in Canberra talking to a few Rochy boys up there and just looking at the city its self.

Dunno what alot of the boys are up to. Hages might take the year off as he is now a bouncer at Uni (nesko doesnt encourage people becoming bouncers, dirty bastards), BBBBBrrrrrraaaaaddddd Smit moved to melb? and havnt heard from the 2s b and f winner.

Doona whats happened to young Gilly, Dunney conned him into BD. Surely he can see what a massive step down in the standard and he will be a star. Also see WH have lost one very good running players in Danga's Rees, one of WH most underrated players.
That would be money. Lots of players play in lower standard leagues than they should be playing in for it. There might even be a few playing in your league. Your not the AFL are you?

working that weekend Farva, so wont be having no pants saturday..damn..(please note sarcasm). Nesko, see what i can do about getting down for a few drinks, i promise i wont have a crack at your missus...ok i cant guarantee that :D.

well nesko... i can assure you that spider zac and baldy are all keen to play and im sure if somebody got organised... then there would be a possiblity that you could get out here. also im hoping that you have been in contact with roy. dont want to see good talent go to waste.

Haven't sighted Gilly but Im told by his mates he was asked to go to Bonnie Doon with Chris . . . . maybe you know more and could fill me in perhaps!!!

just abit of curiosity doon. somthing tells me gilly wont be goin to bonnie doon that kid n willow are joined at the hip im sure u will be gettin him back this year that is if hes fit.. rumour has it matt n gilly wanna have a fair crack this

Nah hadn't heard anything although Im pleased BD aint an option for Gilly

Doona whats happened to young Gilly, Dunney conned him into BD. Surely he can see what a massive step down in the standard

Amazing to flick back thru the pages sometimes. I spoke with Gilly a couple of times whilst he was in Queensland, and then met with him not long after he returned home (at his request) how we could continue to develop Michael's football to still ensure he has the opportunity to play a better standard once his body thickens up. Gilly gave me his word pledging his support and willingness to work together in 2008. I felt like a fool when I saw the clearance myself, I need to meet with Gilly in person as Id hate to speculate as to what has transpired over the past few weeks but at this stage he is still a very much a required player IMO

well nesko, so when i tell u that as of next week training is on tuesdays and thursdays at lockington rec reserve you will make arrangements to be there? i hope so. 6.00pm mate. zaca has trained a couple of times, spida did early on.get onto em.

locky goal squares and big chunk of centre square has had new luscious turf laid. will be sexsational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back