Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearances starting to appear. What is the background of some of these guys? I think Ricky Joyce can play. Good pick up for Hillies. Mark Watson back to North along with the YCW crew.

Mounts have picked up a quality little player in Mark Bangit from Marby Park in the EDFL. He's probably in his early-to-mid 30's but a very smart player who runs the lines all day in a similar mould to the Saints' Mick Ring.

[quote=ROOTA#6;10093182]There was no announcement and there was never going to be one. Heathcote blokes playing mind games i think bloodhound[/quote]

Big announcement on Mounts. They are one of the few clubs who have been successful in the past 20 years who don't pay enoumous money like some!! They also hevn't been seen to be talking themselves up at this stage of the year???

Be wary of the sleeping giant maybe!!!!

So what was the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" regarding mounts on Wednesday night?

There was no announcement and there was never going to be one. Heathcote blokes playing mind games i think bloodhound

Big announcement on Mounts. They are one of the few clubs who have been successful in the past 20 years who don't pay enoumous money like some!! They also hevn't been seen to be talking themselves up at this stage of the year???

Hey yeah forgot about Big Umps tip off - I do like spides take on it all though, may be more accurate than the Ump's apparent mail :confused:

[quote=ROOTA#6;10093182]There was no announcement and there was never going to be one. Heathcote blokes playing mind games i think bloodhound

Be wary of the sleeping giant maybe!!!![/quote]

Not being smart but i think thats a bit off the mark. Cant argue with the success over the last 20 years tho or the talking themselves part. Nothing like quiet confidence to get the opposition worried.

Not being smart but i think thats a bit off the mark. Cant argue with the success over the last 20 years tho or the talking themselves part. Nothing like quiet confidence to get the opposition worried.

This argument has been going on for at least a year now. Both of these points have some merit. Mounts don't go throwing cash around to anyone and everyone, but they do pay good money for players they believe that will bridge the gap between being compeitive and winning a flag.

I think you will find that Mounts only have probably 5 or 6 'paid' players (coach included), the rest play for incentives and the chance to play in a premiership with their mates.

I am told Damien Slater has moved to Melbourne and has to play 4 games for life membership at Colbo? Can anyone confirm the above and also he may be coming back this year to do the above? Would be a handy recruit.

Hey yeah forgot about Big Umps tip off - I do like spides take on it all though, may be more accurate than the Ump's apparent mail :confused:
Sorry Doona,89.5 rating went through the roof on Wed night.:DBut stay tuned their has to be some good gossip coming up.Spider is on the mark he might know more than what he is letting on:thumbsu:

Sorry Doona,89.5 rating went through the roof on Wed night.:DBut stay tuned their has to be some good gossip coming up.Spider is on the mark he might know more than what he is letting on:thumbsu:

Good one Big Ump, The old Fantom tuned in to hear a heap of crap about nothin and figured the announcement must be the yet to be announced venue for the "Hoon Barge Show n Shine". Figured it must be the Tooleen footy ground. Christ I hope none of the visiting hoons need to get changed.:D:D

Fantom

I am told Damien Slater has moved to Melbourne and has to play 4 games for life membership at Colbo? Can anyone confirm the above and also he may be coming back this year to do the above? Would be a handy recruit.

That would be a quick life membership!!!:confused: He would be lucky to have played 100 senior games for the hoppers wouldn't he???:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez guys. I've really been looking forward to the start of the season but all the talk is starting to make me wish I was going to watch White Hills play Geelong in round one rather than Heathcote. Any chance someone could come up with a rumour or two that might derail the September express and give the rest of the teams a chance.:eek: A Morgangate or Lechagate or Thompsongate might do the trick:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Hey Fantom it did work, i had one person on the phone to me about 3min's after i put it on Big Footy asking me what was the big news.I give u a clue RED!!!!!BLACK:D:D:D

My thoughts exactly Fridge. Although they do have a stand named after someone who I think didnt even play a game for them? Correct me If Im wrong....
Raises the question though does each team have a different number of games for life membership? And how many do you need for league membership?

Touche I forgive you RWB.You would have wrote the quote just after the Tigers got a flogging with only 2 top players out and the Saints had 10 of their best out.As old freind of mine once said THEIR IS PLENTY OF MORE WERE THAT COMES FROM:D:D:D

Touche I forgive you RWB.You would have wrote the quote just after the Tigers got a flogging with only 2 top players out and the Saints had 10 of their best out.As old freind of mine once said THEIR IS PLENTY OF MORE WERE THAT COMES FROM:D:D:D
Jeeze Ump, Did you pass Grade 2? Which reminds me of a joke, What's long, hard and F**Ks Carlton supporters?

Jeeze Ump, Did you pass Grade 2? Which reminds me of a joke, What's long, hard and F**Ks Carlton supporters?
huntly believed to be talking to big man sam steel. will play if the big man has income protection i believe. the hawks also talking to couple of midfielders big names. there will be more....:thumbsu:

My thoughts exactly Fridge. Although they do have a stand named after someone who I think didnt even play a game for them? Correct me If Im wrong....
Raises the question though does each team have a different number of games for life membership? And how many do you need for league membership?

300 games at some clubs , but clubs that have a high turnover of player can be 150 games or I think at huntly if you can secure the quaddie at the bendigo cup that is enough;):eek:

I think his spoken to a lot of clubs and wants is weight in gold to play any where...
Surely they can't afford him, heard at the cricket today from a committee man the breakdown of what they are forking out now, rounded out at about 60 grand at the moment (he was saying a fair proportion of this is on past players who are so called coming back to help the club out). Apparently also hear that the president thought the sorry day jokes were amusing as he broadcast one in front of the players which offended a player enough to see him walk out, president says not a required player, committee man says Huntly hardly in the position to pick and choose. Good to see they are working on the professionalism at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back