Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of the Bendigo or surounding clubs picked up a guy named Travis Colly has just moved to the area and word is he is looking for a club, bye what I am told he is no star but a good honest senior player, he should not be hard to find.

Have any of the Bendigo or surounding clubs picked up a guy named Travis Colly has just moved to the area and word is he is looking for a club, bye what I am told he is no star but a good honest senior player, he should not be hard to find.

Was told Elmore & Mounts both dangled $500 at him :D

Just wondering how the old Huntly Hawks are fairing up this year? :)

Anyone that can hit me up some news :thumbsu:

Hawks going along well at this stage. Training has been good and Hammo is a great communicator. Good numbers each session and about 6 quality signings lead by Sheilds and Long, and another 10 or so 'depth' players to help us field a more than competitive side and with that our 2's are looking like a fairly strong unit also. Looking at a realistic goal of 5-6 wins for the 1's & maybe even a finals showing for the 2's. Obviously the Injury to Simon Austin (nasty eye accident at work) has not helped, but we all wish Aussie a speedy recovery and hope to see him back about rd 3.

Key focus over pre-season has been skills with lots of ball-work and full ground drills to get the fitness up. Been a good pre-season and looking forward to putting a few wins on the board.:)

Hawks going along well at this stage. Training has been good and Hammo is a great communicator. Good numbers each session and about 6 quality signings lead by Sheilds and Long, and another 10 or so 'depth' players to help us field a more than competitive side and with that our 2's are looking like a fairly strong unit also. Looking at a realistic goal of 5-6 wins for the 1's & maybe even a finals showing for the 2's. Obviously the Injury to Simon Austin (nasty eye accident at work) has not helped, but we all wish Aussie a speedy recovery and hope to see him back about rd 3.

Key focus over pre-season has been skills with lots of ball-work and full ground drills to get the fitness up. Been a good pre-season and looking forward to putting a few wins on the board.:)
my mail has LBU recruit anthony baker missing at least the first month of the season with a hand injury. big blow for the cats.

With all due respect to Huntly, the recruits you mentioned and from what I have heard, I do believe that its going to be a very long season. This day and age in the HDFL you need to have at least 12-15 quality senior players if not more just to be competitive.

A question for you, How many players on you list would walk into teams like Elmore,Mounts,Colbo Heathcote,broadford and LBU?

With all due respect to Huntly, the recruits you mentioned and from what I have heard, I do believe that its going to be a very long season. This day and age in the HDFL you need to have at least 12-15 quality senior players if not more just to be competitive.

A question for you, How many players on you list would walk into teams like Elmore,Mounts,Colbo Heathcote,broadford

Go easy on the left, that's the first time since Xmas we've actually been mentioned in the same breath as the big spenders ;)

A question for you, How many players on you list would walk into teams like Elmore,Mounts,Colbo Heathcote,broadford and LBU?

what a crock of s h i t. If you have that many, you will win the premiership.

Having read the number of ins at Huntly, there are a few ex B&F senior and junior players, plus 3 quality new talls in Long and the Berrimans. I don't think the Hawks would be expecting premierships, but as huntly08 said, a few wins would be a good start. I would think they are a chance against White Hills, North and Broadford.

Mounts look hard to beat with their ins.

Having read the number of ins at Huntly, there are a few ex B&F senior and junior players, plus 3 quality new talls in Long and the Berrimans. I don't think the Hawks would be expecting premierships, but as huntly08 said, a few wins would be a good start. I would think they are a chance against White Hills, North and Broadford.

Spot On!!!

Mark Bangit to destroy the comp this year.

You goose! How many quality players did Elmore have last year to win THE PREMIERSHIP? Could say the same thing about the last 3 winners of the premiership! You never answered the question..... How many would there be that could WALK into one of the clubs I mentioned and PLAY seniors? Lets not forget your last outing against Heathcote last year you were beaten by 40 goals. Another question for you, Is the likes of Long, Berrimans and some of the other former Huntly players you have recruited going to make up such a margain, keeping in mind that you have lost your best player from last year in Campbell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go easy on the left, that's the first time since Xmas we've actually been mentioned in the same breath as the big spenders ;)

Ill pump your tyres up Doon! Your just the quiet one on here. But I dare say that you have handy little transfers to fax through before round one!

You goose! How many quality players did Elmore have last year to win THE PREMIERSHIP? Could say the same thing about the last 3 winners of the premiership! You never answered the question..... How many would there be that could WALK into one of the clubs I mentioned and PLAY seniors? Lets not forget your last outing against Heathcote last year you were beaten by 40 goals. Another question for you, Is the likes of Long, Berrimans and some of the other former Huntly players you have recruited going to make up such a margain, keeping in mind that you have lost your best player from last year in Campbell?

Garry "knuckles" Moulday for 1.

HONK HONK!!

Mounts had a s h i t load of quality players. Elmore had quite a few too.

And to answer your question off the top of my head, the Longs, Ash Berriman (dunno how his brother goes), Shiels, Clohesy, Oswald, the O'Connell brothers would go alright, and Rule. I went out and watched the praccy game today, and there were plenty of times where the Hawks moved the ball really well and looked nothing like the team from last season.

Campbell is a loss, but the ins make up for him tenfold.

HONK HONK!!

And to answer your question off the top of my head, the Longs, Ash Berriman (dunno how his brother goes), Shiels, Clohesy, Oswald, the O'Connell brothers would go alright, and Rule. I went out and watched the praccy game today, and there were plenty of times where the Hawks moved the ball really well and looked nothing like the team from last season.

Speaking of campbell , word on the street , or word on mitiamo rd is . his new club ran with elmore for the better part of four quarters on friday night . even lead for a portion of the match .and not a bad brand of footy being played .

We ventured over to Yea for a hit out yesty, had 6-7 senior players who didn't play but came home satisfied with the efforts of all lads that participated.

As to be expected with 3-4 weeks to go execution isn't quite at the standard required yet, especially when shooting for goal, but the youngsters ability to run and carry the ball at times was a pleasure to watch.

Better players after consulation with the umps and Yea players were Matt Williams, Nathan Simpson, John Taylor, Grant Wearne, Michael Gillard, Matt Coomans, Sean Duggan - goals were spread with Tayls (3); Trent Fisher, Simpson and Andrew O'Connor (2) in the 14.11 to 3.6 scoreline.

Jacana this week, before a round one bye.

make that 2 months :thumbsdown: just had surgery. bon boow

Yeah I saw tony baker at the pub last night , looked like he was carrying around the plastered up dog from Something about mary , turns out it was just his forearm and not a dog , what a let down ! :( And to add to the woe Casey Nance is heading back to Echuca Bombers or somewhere , any truth to that ?

Fevleaki to Wedderburn (again) I see - will it go thru this time?

HONK HONK!!

Mate, I beleive 4 of them named played last year, we know what happened last year, then I believe, another 4 names mentioned played at the club in between 1-3 years ago, history speaks for itself.

They are all good players in their own right, dont get me wrong, but majority of those players should not be your cream of the crop players for Huntly.

We ventured over to Yea for a hit out yesty, had 6-7 senior players who didn't play but came home satisfied with the efforts of all lads that participated.

As to be expected with 3-4 weeks to go execution isn't quite at the standard required yet, especially when shooting for goal, but the youngsters ability to run and carry the ball at times was a pleasure to watch.

Better players after consulation with the umps and Yea players were Matt Williams, Nathan Simpson, John Taylor, Grant Wearne, Michael Gillard, Matt Coomans, Sean Duggan - goals were spread with Tayls (3); Trent Fisher, Simpson and Andrew O'Connor (2) in the 14.11 to 3.6 scoreline.

Jacana this week, before a round one bye.

Where is the Jacana game Doona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back