Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackbeard said:
Just a note on the fev getting on the sauce pre-game. Word in the mallee league is sonny lindsay, Ouyens gun recruit, was on the juice not long after lunch on friday and had a massive session..... then turned in a BOG performance the next day to get United home. I'm with the hound ...If it works during the year then stick with it!
QUOTE]

famous story out Colbo way happened a few years back when Toot Morgan was playing with Shepp united. The demons made the GV Granny and the club sent a minder over to Colbo to ensure Toot didnt have a big night on the gas the night before the grand final. Toot put the minder to bed early hours of Sunday morning (the GV Granny is played on a Sunday) and was among United's best 3 in their premiership win.

Hound, wats the latest injury news at Elmore oval, noticed a few boys missing?

I play better cricket after a big night, helps with my coordination lol and i'm the wicket keeper!

nesko_25 said:
Hound, wats the latest injury news at Elmore oval, noticed a few boys missing?

All the boys are pretty much fine nesko The only person i can think that people were saying was injured in prev posts is macca and he has said he is good as gold so no worries on the injury from that im aware of. Some of the boys last night were doing some training inside.

Who polled the most votes in the elmore reserves in the league vote do you know nesko?

blackbeard said:
Just a note on the fev getting on the sauce pre-game. Word in the mallee league is sonny lindsay, Ouyens gun recruit, was on the juice not long after lunch on friday and had a massive session..... then turned in a BOG performance the next day to get United home. I'm with the hound ...If it works during the year then stick with it!

A fortnight ago I would've taken mounts but I recon Elmore may get up. I'll stil barrack for mounts tho. Looking like being a cracker as a GF should be. Hopefully not a let down like the last two games they've played. Wth any luck it'll be complete with a wee bit of fistycuffs to keep it all interesting.
Grant to take out the medal.

LBU in two's. I just don't think mounts believe they can beat em after going down to them all year. I have spoken to a few of the boys throughout the year and that is the vibe I have got. Again should only be 3 goals in it all day.

Broady in the 3rds by how far!!!!

Like to know the names of players who lack the faith in the side to win!!! 9 points last time and the wind in the first qtr was a telling factor in that game...

blackbeard said:

A fortnight ago I would've taken mounts but I recon Elmore may get up. I'll stil barrack for mounts tho. Looking like being a cracker as a GF should be. Hopefully not a let down like the last two games they've played. Wth any luck it'll be complete with a wee bit of fistycuffs to keep it all interesting.
Grant to take out the medal.

LBU in two's. I just don't think mounts believe they can beat em after going down to them all year. I have spoken to a few of the boys throughout the year and that is the vibe I have got. Again should only be 3 goals in it all day.

Broady in the 3rds by how far!!!!

I too would like to know who the boys are at Mounts who don't think they can beat Lockington.

Mounts lost by 8 or 9 points two weeks ago, and were 27 points down at 1/4 time, thanks to a hurricane wind. It may be the same this weekend, and perhaps Mounts can win the toss, and get 5 goals up. I am sure any team that is 5 goals behind, wind or not, will think "Oh ****". But to Mounts credit they stuck at it and had plenty of chances but Locky clogged it up, plus Mounts have a couple of guys with another couple of runs under their belts which will help.

Grand Finals are different beasts and Lockington are by no means unbeatable. NO TEAM IS.

not speculating blood hound, i have nothing against a few tins on a thursday night, but you and i both know he had a stint in the slammer one friday morning, which i'm not saying has happened to him every week, but it wouldnt help.

bloodhound! said:
All the boys are pretty much fine nesko The only person i can think that people were saying was injured in prev posts is macca and he has said he is good as gold so no worries on the injury from that im aware of. Some of the boys last night were doing some training inside.

Who polled the most votes in the elmore reserves in the league vote do you know nesko?

Dunno Hound, dont think any Elmore boys were up there. Went past the Shammy hotel in elmore and they're doing construction and on 1 bit of machinary is had "GO MOUNTS" went back a little bit later and it had been changed to "BLOODS RULE" as well as a little more here and there. The only person to do with the footy club around was old Muddy Clay, mayb he's doing all this graffiti lol. Will this keep on happenin, cant wait till fri night!

Top 5 at 1s count (not exact but roughly)
Fev 28
Johnson 17
Shannon 16
Dunne
Dobby
Grant

Has anyone heard that Dalton's going back to the EDFL to play for Maribyrnong Park next year

Hyde said:
Has anyone heard that Dalton's going back to the EDFL to play for Maribyrnong Park next year

Hard to know everyone has different takes on what he's up to, who's offered what and what his management has offered his services for!!!

Why wouldnt he stay at Mounts?

Dropped into Harley Hammond Reserve for a look tonight, the boys looked pretty slick all decked out in their full Broadford kit - and to answer the question from earlier in the week Gillard is a non definite starter.

C'mon Roo's and go me little buddy Mitch Collier :thumbsu:

elmore to win by 5 goals
lbu by 2 goals
broady by 12 goals

None of these teams played last week, all their oppostion will be still sore from last week, will be all good games still, and a good day for a lot of froffies

Hey can any Broady boy tell me how and why there 3rds have been so good over such a long time, and whats the word on whos coaching Broady next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jobbytonny said:
Hey can any Broady boy tell me how and why there 3rds have been so good over such a long time, and whats the word on whos coaching Broady next year

Something in the water down here mate - in saying that I hope they dont cop the same dose I got when I was in teh Roos' 3rds or their footy careers may not last too long :D

jobbytonny said:

it's a weight of numbers issue. Broadford has a population of 3,000. Bigger than Rochester that fields a competitive under 18 side in the GVFL. Compared to Broadfords 3,000, Mounts have a population of about 10, Colbo 100, Elmore 700, Locky 500, Heathcote 1,500, etc. Not hard to see why they continually win the flag. With out doing a demographic profile they have 30 times the population of Colbo and therefore generally they should have 30 times the number of kids to pick from. Makes it pretty hard for the smaller towns to be competitive.

I'll throw my 2 cents in & here are my tips for what it's worth (very little)

Toss a coin in the senior game, Mounts looked awesome vs LBU at Colbo last time, looked like world beaters but without some of their key players have lost a little bit of momentum, but they will be hard to beat. Elmore played a great game in the second semi & would have to do that again (and more) to win.
My head says Mounts. (although I'd love Elmore to win)

In the scoobs here's hoping for LBU to carry on their stellar season & take the flag. Some awesome players in that two's side.

In the threes, Broadford by a mile.

Grinton has had a good September so far, he might get the medal & big Brian North or Micos Giorgiannos in the 2's & I'll be happy.

Should be a good day.

My tips for the final weekend of HDFL football this year are:
Firsts: Mounts by three goals - too much experience, Troy Shannon to be the medallist
Seconds: LBU by two goals - to much height from what I've seen through the year
Thirds: Broadford in a canter with Mitch Collier best on ground.

In the netball, I'm hoping for a Broadford sweep in the B, A Reserve and A grade, but think thaey may only defeat White Hills in one of these matches - the A Reserve with White Hills to sweep in the other grades.

Preview from today's Bendigo Addy

Elmore's hunger burns
Friday, 22 September 2006

ELMORE will be gunning for its first premiership victory since 1985 when it takes on arch-rival, Mount Pleasant in tomorrow's Heathcote District Football League grand final at Colbinabbin.

The Bloods will face a huge task against a Mount Pleasant team aiming for back-to-back premierships to add to a successful dynasty.

Both sides have had vastly different lead-ups to the big clash.

Elmore has used the luxury of finishing on top to full advantage by having two weeks' rest in the past month.

Mount Pleasant has worked hard to reach the grand final, having played four solid games in a row dating back to the final home and away game.

Mt Pleasant coach Cameron Carter is hoping the team's tough road to the final won't have an impact.

"Some swear by having the week off some," Carter said.

"Some people swear by playing through.

"We think that last Saturday's game will hold us pretty well. It was tough, it was hard and we had to fight back and show a bit and hopefully we can keep that momentum going,"

Carter said of the Blues' preliminary final against Lockington-Bamawm United.

Elmore coach Tony Southcombe indicated that he could leave it until tonight to settle his line-up, with the champion coach keen to assess the weather.

If wet conditions arrive, Cam Williams, who has spent the season in the reserves will come into calculations to bolster the Bloods' ball-winning ability.

Regardless of the conditions, this game is set to be a hard-fought encounter, with some great match-ups across the ground.

Sam Cheatley medallist David Fevealeki and Mounts coach Cam Carter are set to go head-to-head in what will be a great contest through the midfield.

But both sides are set to employ players in negating roles.

Elmore's key playmaker Andy Grant is set to have Rob Rowjenski as his shadow again.

Brad Crockett is likely to go to Mounts star Dennis Grinton, who rarely wastes a possession.

The battle between Mt Pleasant centre half-forward Adam Dalton and Elmore key defender Ryan Weiss will be a highlight.

Dalton has superior strength and is a great kick at goal, although Weiss has been able to expose the `man mountain' at times with strong overhead marking and run out of defence.

Mounts coach Cameron Carter has identified the midfield as an area where his side needs to improve from its defeat to Elmore a fortnight ago.

Troy Shannon's return to the side last week had an immediate impact. Mt Pleasant has a dangerous attack that has the knack of piling on quick goals when a game is in the balance.

The Blues have averaged 18 goals a game this season, with the fast leading Dennis Ryan the key with 111 goals and a regular contribution from marking options Jamie Gee and Adam Dalton, along with runners Craig Ferrier, Brad Shepperd and Cam Carter.

Elmore has averaged 15 goals per game and been able to win games with a more even spread in attack and a strong defence.

Veteran Robbie Lecek has kicked 49 goals, while Ryan Hayes, Adam Rout and Simon Cluff are others that have been able to step up and produce a haul of goals for the Bloods.

Tony Southcombe will have a job getting his side to settle as many of his players and their large supporter base have been for waiting for many years for their opportunity to reach the top of the Heathcote League tree.

"Obviously our boys are really looking forward to the game of football," Southcombe said.

"Of our group of 21, I think there are only two who would have won a grand final and another seven or eight that have played in a losing one, but I think that can hold us in good stead as they won't accept defeat as much, although Mounts still had presence of culture."

It's all set to be one of the great grand finals.

Better use of the football under pressure will be a key.

Talent-wise there is little between the two sides and I lean towards an Elmore premiership on the basis it is hungry to succeed and should still be running on strong late in the game given their sound preparation.

The Bloods by five points.

Well boys a great night at training last night the boys all seemed very pumped and the town turned out in force to offer their support it was very impressive indeed.
On a more serious note though Mckern, cluff and Hayes all left the track limping very heavily, and the looks on their faces as they passed us in the crowed were not very positive at all. All of them have been fighting foot and ankle injuries and all of them seemed to over do it last night. I overheard Southcombe telling Mick Mcguane that mckern would't play despite being named. Not sure how true that is but he didnt seem to be joking and didn't seem very happy when he realised i had heard him....

By the way they were walking i can not see how cluff and hayes could come up to play. I know you can get jabs and everything but cluffy looked close to tears when he came off......
I hope that miracles can come true coz these boys will need one to play!

Anybody know much about jabs and how effective they are??

yeah good tactics, pretending these players wont play! i think you overdid it just a little but nice try anyway. i dont think the mounts blokes are that dumb.

Snortch i tend to waffle on a bit most of the time!! Im not trying to insult the intelligence of the mounts blokes but i know what i saw and heard and im telling the truth. If you know anyone from elmore then i suggest you give them a call because its true.
I prob should not have said what i did say but il be expecting an apology snortch come saturday when those lads dont run out.

;) Ya just cranking here Hound! But if you're fair dinkum, go with the jab. We had a local GP attend the Grand Final in 2001 against the Mountain Men and give an injection to star forward Shane Moore and he only limped thrugh the match and was no good afterwards. Struggled to walk.

if you need those boys out on the track then a jab is the only way too go. i hda one previously mid season it was, got it done on a friday, doc told me it is better to get it on a wednesday or a thursday bloodhound

andypipkin said:
if you need those boys out on the track then a jab is the only way too go. i hda one previously mid season it was, got it done on a friday, doc told me it is better to get it on a wednesday or a thursday bloodhound

That info would have been handy earlier in the week then by the sounds of it!
Thanks for the info boys im not part of the hiearchy up there but il be ringing southcombe to see if he's on to it. Im sure he is but you can never be too careful when you need your best players on the park to try and win a granny!
Its a shame though for both sides coz im sure even the mounts boys would rather play elmore at full strength to make it as good of a contest as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back