Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big thanks to Mounts 2's who won me a slab off Joeyboy who backed the Saints. Must say when I rang for a half time score I was nervous but it seems the boys straightened up in the second half :D

On The Money said:
Feva got 29
Matty Johnson got 18
Troy Shannon got 14 not sure from there.

Great to see matty johnson up there in the votes, had a great year for the hoppers, pity he didnt play whole season, would've given feva a shake.

bloodhound! said:
Can anyone give me some details about the vote count last night as in who were the top 5 in the seniors and reserves. Any shocks? I know fev wasnt there so trout accepted it on his behalf........

Fevealeki was there to accept his medal he got up and made a speech.

On The Money said:
bloodhound! said:
Can anyone give me some details about the vote count last night as in who were the top 5 in the seniors and reserves. Any shocks? I know fev wasnt there so trout accepted it on his behalf........

Fevealeki was there to accept his medal he got up and made a speech.

fev also won public vote, but wasnt there to accept that award, he later showed up to accept the big one.

aker2dogs... how many games did johnson miss? will he win the club count?

whats everyones thoughts on club counts? or results?

Conrad said:
On The Money said:
fev also won public vote, but wasnt there to accept that award, he later showed up to accept the big one.

aker2dogs... how many games did johnson miss? will he win the club count?

whats everyones thoughts on club counts? or results?

Is that bloke off the first australian idol still playing for colbo.. i reckon if he is still around the hoppers might have the most controversial F.B medalist in history behind that bloke who won it in 04...Go Johnno

the waterboy45 said:
Conrad said:
Is that bloke off the first australian idol still playing for colbo.. i reckon if he is still around the hoppers might have the most controversial F.B medalist in history behind that bloke who won it in 04...Go Johnno

most controversial waterboy, especially when he's armed with a nailgun :D

I know it's early but I was talking to Sam Curran up at the sunraysia Grand final on the weekend. Apparently he is moving back to Bendigo and catching up with Colbo Officials at this weeks grandfinal he was saying he wants to play back at colbo and has already knocked back Eaglehawk

Lionel Ritchie said:
I know it's early but I was talking to Sam Curran up at the sunraysia Grand final on the weekend. Apparently he is moving back to Bendigo and catching up with Colbo Officials at this weeks grandfinal he was saying he wants to play back at colbo and has already knocked back Eaglehawk

Has tthe waterboy been drinking again? What would Dave hughes say?

The Flying Wombat said:
Has the waterboy been drinking again? What would Dave hughes say?
Yes the waterboy has been replenishing fluids lost in saturdays stinking hot G.F up in sunny sunraysia... which the mighty swallows (yes laugh...its god damn hilarious) won by truck loads for the first time in 28 years.... as for dangerous dave hughes... he would say something like "drink up its on me" or "you've got to celebrate it" or he would revisit his most bone tingling pre game address which went something like "Ah Ah Ah ENJOY"

Lionel Ritchie said:
Well well ernie dingo you may have put the words in my mouth but im sure there are already enough waterboys in colbo.. plus my self-imposed life ban from the only two storey waterhole mansion on Mitchell ave isnt up for review yet... but if i do head out that way in the near future i would love to have a beer at westy's and check out his redfin collection... that is if rex hunt hasn't given them all the kiss of death...

Conrad said:
i dont think u have any reason to have a go at the umpires jgraf.... they are out there week after week doing us a favour, if it wasnt for them there wouldnt of been a game last saturday?? i take it u might be a mounts supporter, its funny how teams always have someone to blame when they loose, like nesko said. a team cant blame injuries or umpires for any loss. fact is. if u loose ur just not good enough!! every team gets there fair share of injuries and bad umpiring calls. but like i said, at least they are out there.

Another thing with the vote count. everyone from there prospective clubs has chosen someone from there own team to win. fair enough as for u have seen them play all year, but we need to remember a player only needs to get best on ground 4 times and they can give the league count a real shake!!

on a different note

my tips for tomorrow - LBU in the ones - (if) they switch on, they can take the game away no worries i believe. i think mounts might go in under estimating lbu a little and could be shocked by a quick start. sorry mounts but i think yourselves and colbo have had ur fair share of grand finals. what is it now? 11 years in a row where either colbo or mounts have played. LBU v Elmore granny just for something different

Heathcote in the twos - the cote have a good team, and i think that they will really be hungry for the ball tomorrow and take out the win in a close one

LBU in the threes - I think after locky gave white hills a real shake 2 weeks ago, they are going to be very worried and after getting pumped by broadford last week by 10 odd goals they will be very much down in confidence and locky will run over the top.

Can't write them off for premiership win either, broadford are a very good team and may not have lost a game all year but remember same situation happened in year 2003. Broadford went through un deafeted and where winning the granny untill locky boys got up and won by 5 odd goals.... i think when grand final it is going to be one of the best days in a long time in footy and netball.

Didnt blame the umps for the loss at all. The first quarter cost both Mounts teams in the Second Semi but thats history.

I stated the fact how poor the umpiring is and will say again that it is poor. In the reserves game last week, the hat gave numerous poor free kicks and tried to over umpire the game. There was a number of times he had the whistle in his mouth and then decided not to blow it. A very inconsistent performance from him.

the waterboy45 said:
Well well ernie dingo you may have put the words in my mouth but im sure there are already enough waterboys in colbo.. plus my self-imposed life ban from the only two storey waterhole mansion on Mitchell ave isnt up for review yet... but if i do head out that way in the near future i would love to have a beer at westy's and check out his redfin collection... that is if rex hunt hasn't given them all the kiss of death...

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

colbo don't need rex, there's enough fishy activity going on out there with out the bearded burbler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JGraf said:
Didnt blame the umps for the loss at all. The first quarter cost both Mounts teams in the Second Semi but thats history.

I stated the fact how poor the umpiring is and will say again that it is poor. In the reserves game last week, the hat gave numerous poor free kicks and tried to over umpire the game. There was a number of times he had the whistle in his mouth and then decided not to blow it. A very inconsistent performance from him.

I agree with you Graffy, there's a couple of old fellas from bendigo who umpire 2s games, and whilst they are doing their best, they do tend to over umpire a bit, especially for reserves footy. I suppose we cant complain too much, it is reserves level football in a district comp we're talking about here, and umps are becomin harder to find each year.....

Sometimes the best umpires going around are blokes who have played the game or have recently retired. I remember playing a couple of yrs back and a fella from Mounts with a nice little cookie duster, and a little bloke from Colbo with a magneficent head of curly hair umpired the 2's and they did a great job.

I have honestly given up with the umpires elmore has had a couple of meetings with both the rochy umpires and the bendigo umpires and while i think the bendigo boys are alot better the things that were discussed in the meetings as being problems still occured the next time the boys played regardless of what the umpires have said. Apparently the umpires have said that some teams have "reputations" that hurt them when it comes to 50-50 decisions. But that should not come as a surprise to anyone they are human after all and can you really blame them? I definitely agee the game is over umpired

Congratulations to Fev - alot of expectations and while some people say he should have been better well he has dropped down in standard quite alot from what he played last year and has averaged over 30 touches a game. the slower pace and more congestion has been hard for him to get used to but he's a champion bloke good value on the squirt and thoroughly deserves the award.
Well done to the other winners as well

Time to talk tips boys and start the team of the year debate again i think but you know my tip for the final and il get back to you on the team of the year!

blood hound, what are the chances of the souvalaki being allowed out this thursday night before the granny???? seeing he does enjoy the odd outing or two on thursday nights

Wandered down to watch the local 3rds go thru their paces for Satdy's big one. The wind made it very difficult to move the ball with any confidence but the enthusiasm was very high and there's no way complacency will creep in a la 2003 as indicated by somebody last week.

Im backing Coomans fresh from his league b&f to be best on - appears to have put a bit of size on his frame the past 5-6 weeks and looks the goods as a ready made senior footballer. My roughie is Mitch Collier

Doona2 said:
Wandered down to watch the local 3rds go thru their paces for Satdy's big one. The wind made it very difficult to move the ball with any confidence but the enthusiasm was very high and there's no way complacency will creep in a la 2003 as indicated by somebody last week.

Im backing Coomans fresh from his league b&f to be best on - appears to have put a bit of size on his frame the past 5-6 weeks and looks the goods as a ready made senior footballer. My roughie is Mitch Collier

Broady should win easily, just hope the dont choke like a few years ago. Will Gillard play, best player in the league.

Has any1 else seen the "GO BLOODS" painted across the road in Goornong, i'm sure that'll go down well with the Mountain man. looks like it may of been done sat night, any1 ideas who done that hound? Should be a great game, Hayes is training the house down and Childs looks in good touch. My tips (I no it's only tues but thread is going slow):

Elmore- Got over mounts 2 weeks ago and the rest will do them well, mounts r coming off a hard fought game but do have a lot of experience. I think mounts have the better side, very even and have the experience and Elmore have the hunger. Really hope the bloods get up. Simon Cluff (E) BOG

LBU- beaten mounts 3 times this year and have a great even side with a good mix of youth and experience. Mounts will have 2 take another step and i'm not sure if they can, cant let LBU get a head start and must make the most of their chances in front of goal. Brian North (LBU) BOG

Broady- class out fit, great mid-field (need Gillard 2 play) and not a bad forward line and Hills arnt accountable enough, to many mids like to kick goals. Matt Williams (B) BOG

Well andy if your on a good thing stick to it! I dont care if fev goes out from now until saturday as long as he racks up a handy 30 and kicks a few he can do what he wants.......of course if he dosnt do that then we will put him in his hungy!! Have you seen him out on a few thursdays andy or are you just speculating?

Nesko ive seen the GO BLOODS written on the road its rather big isnt it? Not sure who is responsible but im sure we will find out soon enough. Ive even been asked if it was me!! But sadly it wasnt.

Can anyone give me the top 5 of the seniors and reserves counts from the league medal?

Our boys have another meeting with mick mcguane on thursday after training mick has been good enough to come up and scare the **** out of the boys on a few occasions this year and has been a great supporter and motivator for us and a bit of a good luck omen as well as the boys havn't lost after training with mick............

Just a note on the fev getting on the sauce pre-game. Word in the mallee league is sonny lindsay, Ouyens gun recruit, was on the juice not long after lunch on friday and had a massive session..... then turned in a BOG performance the next day to get United home. I'm with the hound ...If it works during the year then stick with it!

A fortnight ago I would've taken mounts but I recon Elmore may get up. I'll stil barrack for mounts tho. Looking like being a cracker as a GF should be. Hopefully not a let down like the last two games they've played. Wth any luck it'll be complete with a wee bit of fistycuffs to keep it all interesting.
Grant to take out the medal.

LBU in two's. I just don't think mounts believe they can beat em after going down to them all year. I have spoken to a few of the boys throughout the year and that is the vibe I have got. Again should only be 3 goals in it all day.

Broady in the 3rds by how far!!!!

stringy said:
i think youd rather see fev get 30 handballs rather than kicks if the bloods are to have a chance

Great call stringbark!!! He struggled a bit a heathcote last outing........but he wasn't on his own. The wind played up a bit remember.

blackbeard said:
Just a note on the fev getting on the sauce pre-game. Word in the mallee league is sonny lindsay, Ouyens gun recruit, was on the juice not long after lunch on friday and had a massive session..... then turned in a BOG performance the next day to get United home. I'm with the hound ...If it works during the year then stick with it!

A fortnight ago I would've taken mounts but I recon Elmore may get up. I'll stil barrack for mounts tho. Looking like being a cracker as a GF should be. Hopefully not a let down like the last two games they've played. Wth any luck it'll be complete with a wee bit of fistycuffs to keep it all interesting.
Grant to take out the medal.

LBU in two's. I just don't think mounts believe they can beat em after going down to them all year. I have spoken to a few of the boys throughout the year and that is the vibe I have got. Again should only be 3 goals in it all day.

Broady in the 3rds by how far!!!!

fair call blackbeard but surely the mounts 2's will have some belief in themselves after only going down by ten points to LBU in the semi. might have scarred locky a little too? does anyone know if they will gain any senior players for the granny? i know they wont have the skillful nat obrien who played in the semi

does anyone agree with me that shannon hayes looks like a duck when he runs?

i want everyone on this thread to run with scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back