Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard if Geary will stay on at huntly?

Apparantly North Bendigos CHF (cant remember his name) Not Charlie Smythe tho will be playing in the MCDFL next year at Royal Park....

mat sawyer has not signed again at the bombers he is at home nursing a shoulder opp. he'll end up back at w.hills.
sth are having a crack at eddie dickens .
couple of young blokes from e/hawke that are sick off getting push aside for filo's pensioner recruits will end up a colbo.

Apparantly North Bendigos CHF (cant remember his name) Not Charlie Smythe tho will be playing in the MCDFL next year at Royal Park....

Is that big Razor Bramley there Hound. I heard a week or so ago that his name had been mentioned out that way but I haven't had it confirmed.

mat sawyer has not signed again at the bombers he is at home nursing a shoulder opp. he'll end up back at w.hills.
sth are having a crack at eddie dickens .
couple of young blokes from e/hawke that are sick off getting push aside for filo's pensioner recruits will end up a colbo.

Isnt Rick Coburn assistant coach at South? Might try to lure a few hills boys away I'd reckon. Dickens should have a crack at a higher level I reckon, if I remeber correctly he was a gun in the GV as a youngster.

Is that big Razor Bramley there Hound. I heard a week or so ago that his name had been mentioned out that way but I haven't had it confirmed.

Yeah I think thats him wok i have read that he lives in Maryborough or near there and wants to play closer to home.

Nesko Rick Coburn is actually coaching south this year and i reckon they would def be a chance to get dickens who should try his hand at a higher league.

I read in the paper that Sawyer had signed.....is that not true at all?

bramely has been offered the ass.coaching job at royal park.
saywer deffinately has'nt signed.
eddie dickens dad played at sth so that might hold some reason too.

i'd lke someone like nesko or bloodhound to comment, because they have clearly been around the league a while. even ablett, who seems to get around. i dont wnt this to seem one eyed, but i'd put dickens comfortably in the top dozen players in the league. be interested to hear how many big games you have been to that involved dickens smasher100

alright, maybe i'm not a 100% sure he has'nt signed , not that you should believe the media, but the word i got was saywer has just had a shoulder opp and has put on a few kilo's and won't be able to train till after xmas. he does'nt think he'll be fit enough concidering most of the bombers have already started training. so maybe he signed but now does'nt think he'll be up to it, time will tell.

as for the dickens comment, he'd be one of the few hdfl players that could walk into the bendigo comp and be a worthy contributor.
he'd be a handy forward flanker as the second leading marking option to the chf but thats just my opinoin.

smasher100, easy to get on hear and question a players ability what are your credentials.

dickens can play the game and will go alright in the BFL
top 12 is pushing it i think.....
Sawyer will stay with the bombers he has had a reco on his shoulder...Why would you go anywhere else as he will not get back this season to play but the bombers will pay for rehab....???

dickens can play the game and will go alright in the BFL
top 12 is pushing it i think.....

The man is easily in the best dozen in the league. When the HDFL have played interleague in the past couple of years, he has always been one of the first selected and has performed on that stage, which behind a Grand Final is probably the second biggest game of the year for a player.

So Smasher maybe you should stop the self gratification of smashing yourself and cut the crap of slandering Eddie's character.

yeah i wasnt badmouthing elmore with my comment hound, im involved with the grasshoppers, but dont have any news as yet, just that were chasing a ruckman, a forward and another playing assistant coach apparently. we have luke hill returning from geelong which is good but thats it so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee stringy dont give away too much there! are you gonna stay put or will you be chasing coin as u have previously? big loss with joe hayes, he really held your bench together well... heard possibly a few recruits from melbourne, daniel tribole and steve 'hardcore' dunning. correct???

Eddie Dickens would be in the top 5 players in the comp in my opinion he could step in and have a big impact such as Rick Coburn who had a very successful season at South.
Believe all has agreed to do at this stage is do some training pre-season and take it from there.

what about Damien Ellis stringy, is he a chance to comeback to colbo after injury plagued seasons at Rochester?

ellisy is a certainty at this stage. already applied for clearance from rochy and is getting stuck into the weights. hopefully his body holds up

Eddie Dickens would be in the top 5 players in the comp in my opinion he could step in and have a big impact such as Rick Coburn who had a very successful season at South.
Believe all has agreed to do at this stage is do some training pre-season and take it from there.
Now you are full of it. Top5 you cannot be serious??

What about Shannon, Hill, Lock, Dobson, Angove, Clohesy, Billings, Dunne, Conheady just to name a couple off the top of my head.

yeah i wasnt badmouthing elmore with my comment hound, im involved with the grasshoppers, but dont have any news as yet, just that were chasing a ruckman, a forward and another playing assistant coach apparently. we have luke hill returning from geelong which is good but thats it so far

I realise that stringy no harm done. I think if you get the type of players that you are after and keep some of those young kids i saw this year then you blokes will possibly set yourselves up for another run around the top for a couple of years.......

I reckon i would put dickens in the top 12-15 in the league i think he is a very very good player who i think would actually be alot better in a more free flowing and skillfull league.....not saying our league isnt skillfull but im talking GV or Geelong leagues i think he would get the best out of himself. Like Jim Cail.....always got better as the standard got better. He's def the best player at the hillies.

Whats everyones thoughts on who would be in the top 12 in the league
Heres one to start the debate.
(in no particular order)
Feva - Elmore
Dunne - Broady
Locky - Colbo
Geary - Huntly
Carter - Mounts
Grant - Elmore
Shannon - Mounts
Dobson - Locky
Hayes - Elmore
Hill - Colbo
Dickens - White Hills
Angwin - Broady/ Waters - Heathcote

Now you are full of it. Top5 you cannot be serious??

What about Shannon, Hill, Lock, Dobson, Angove, Clohesy, Billings, Dunne, Conheady just to name a couple off the top of my head.

Some look at a players value differently From a prospective from a guy who could step into a higher comp and do some damage he would be the one I reckon. I would be surprised if most around the comp didn't have him in their top 10.

You've mentioned a couple of blokes who wouldn't be in the top 40.

Some look at a players value differently From a prospective from a guy who could step into a higher comp and do some damage he would be the one I reckon. I would be surprised if most around the comp didn't have him in their top 10.

You've mentioned a couple of blokes who wouldn't be in the top 40.
Well name them????

Havent seen a HDFL game for a couple of years but know most you have named and Billings surely wouldnt be in the top 40, great bloke and could obviously play in his day but that is many years ago.

Yep pretty fair assessment I think Smasher might be sitting at the keyboard with a Hawks beanie on.

How are things coming together at Diesel Trickey Oval Smasher?

not even sure about that otm, seems smashers has a habit of getting on numerous sights, shiite canning anyone and everyone he can. seems to be the best player never to have pulled on the boots.
good top dozen hound, but if it was on form this year id leave gears out, couldnt get himself goin second half of the year. id probably have to put dennis ryan in his spot, and waters would come before angwin, who was in the same situation as geary.
honourable mention to fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back