Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Gilly's a registered Braodford player, clearance came in and was knocked back for that reason, wouldn't have thought it as being persuaded.
Had a few good chats lately with Michael about a lot of issues, and I think he now realises the opportunities that may present when his body matures in 2-3 years time - no need for him to do the travelling involved to play BDFL for the few extra bob on offer at his age, just puts uneccessary pressue on kids to perform.
Interesting post Doona. You first say you havnt persuaded him to stay but follow it up with youve had a few good chats with him.

Interesting post Doona. You first say you havnt persuaded him to stay but follow it up with youve had a few good chats with him.

Not interesting mate, more a mutual respect thing Id like to think. I have gone outa my way to help young Gilly from when I first met him last year and the base of our chats have had really little to do with the BFNC but more where he sees him self in 3-4 years. Playing at Bonnie Doon wont get him there and I think he realises that plus the circle of friends I have at other levels at footy. I've made a commitment to all of our kids to help them be the best they can at HDFL level initially, and if in time that gets them up the football ladder Id be rapt to go and watch them play in 3-4 years time elsewhere.

Young Gilly's a registered Braodford player, clearance came in and was knocked back for that reason, wouldn't have thought it as being persuaded.
Had a few good chats lately with Michael about a lot of issues, and I think he now realises the opportunities that may present when his body matures in 2-3 years time - no need for him to do the travelling involved to play BDFL for the few extra bob on offer at his age, just puts uneccessary pressue on kids to perform.
Good news on 2 fronts Doona. Good to see the kid is going to work towards his future in football. And we dont want Bonnie Doon being too strong this season.
You better be careful too Doona, you dont want your committee finding out that you have too much of an interest in the future of your kids and football club. You might be looking for a new job when they find out that you dont have a win at all costs attitude.:thumbsu:

Skip Bray and Tommy Webster also to BD, thought they might try and go back-to-back at Broady.

I've heard Shiels and Austin are on a couple of hundred at Huntly, good to see alot of ex players back for them though. Elmore losing a few good players and I see they rejeted the young boys, funny how they want to keep their youth now but a few years back they didnt care about their local players and because of that they lost a pioneer/vic rep, GVFL u18s b and f winner, GVFL reps etc.

North should be on the way up with Webb, Watson Kingdon etc back, expect them to replace Morris etc very soon....

My ladder:

Elmore
Heathcote
Broady
Lbu
Mounts

Colbo
Hills
North
Huntly

Elmore: top as they were the premiers.

Heathcote: so many recruits, they think they have the list to go all the way.

Broady: Doona always pulls things from his hat and I think he can replace Dunne, BL with quality players (cross from seymour?)

LBU: got some big guys (pappin baker pritch) but do they have enough good on ballers with O'Brien gone and Newth up forward.

Mounts: just have to wait untill half way through to know. getting older but do have good young telant.

Colbo: lost best mid and forward in lock and hill, picked up Knight. Irwin Doak getting older

Hills: Lost fav son in Jones, relied on bart, McConnells etc last year, not getting match winners (maybe Joyce) and lose good rovers.

North: Will welcome back webby kingdon and Watson so will improve but not enough to challenge

Huntly: getting everything right off the field, their worst 5-10 senior players just arnt good enough

Huntly and North will improve but they wont go up the ladder. It should be a good year for the league as it will become a stronger league. Anybody could win it on their day will exceptions to Huntly North

Skip Bray and Tommy Webster also to BD, thought they might try and go back-to-back at Broady.

I've heard Shiels and Austin are on a couple of hundred at Huntly, good to see alot of ex players back for them though. Elmore losing a few good players and I see they rejeted the young boys, funny how they want to keep their youth now but a few years back they didnt care about their local players and because of that they lost a pioneer/vic rep, GVFL u18s b and f winner, GVFL reps etc.

North should be on the way up with Webb, Watson Kingdon etc back, expect them to replace Morris etc very soon....

My ladder:

Elmore
Heathcote
Broady
Lbu
Mounts

Colbo
Hills
North
Huntly

Broady: Doona always pulls things from his hat and I think he can replace Dunne, BL with quality players (cross from seymour?)

LBU: got some big guys (pappin baker pritch) but do they have enough good on ballers with O'Brien gone and Newth up forward.

Mounts: just have to wait untill half way through to know. getting older but do have good young telant.

Colbo: lost best mid and forward in lock and hill, picked up Knight. Irwin Doak getting older

Hills: Lost fav son in Jones, relied on bart, McConnells etc last year, not getting match winners (maybe Joyce) and lose good rovers.

North: Will welcome back webby kingdon and Watson so will improve but not enough to challenge

Huntly: getting everything right off the field, their worst 5-10 senior players just arnt good enough

Huntly and North will improve but they wont go up the ladder. It should be a good year for the league as it will become a stronger league. Anybody could win it on their day will exceptions to Huntly North

Who are those players Elmore lost Nesko? Not having a go, just interested. Think the ladder looks quite good but think Colbo may be underrated a bit. Would have them in fourth, LBU 3rd and Doona's boys, sorry, down to 6th.

Who are those players Elmore lost Nesko? Not having a go, just interested. Think the ladder looks quite good but think Colbo may be underrated a bit. Would have them in fourth, LBU 3rd and Doona's boys, sorry, down to 6th.
Just had a look at the transfer list and there seems to be around 13 or 14 blokes wanting to move on from elmore maybe alls not well out there at Elmore anyone know more?:confused:

Here's the link http://www.heathcotedfl.vcfl.com.au/memdb_transfers.asp

FEVALEAKI, David Elmore > Wedderburn Cancelled
DILLON, Travis Elmore > Marong Approved
PORLAI, Zachary Elmore > Marong Rejected
PEDRETTI, Dallas Elmore Marong Approved
HARGREAVES, Samuel Elmore> Marong Approved
WADDINGTON, Marc Elmore > Marong Rejected
ROUT, Adam Elmore > Marong Approved
KELLY, Leigh Elmore > Marong Rejected
TUBB, Christopher Elmore > Marong Rejected
FERRIE, Greg Elmore > Deniliquin Rams Approved
CROCKETT, Bradley Elmore > Stanhope Approved
SIGLEY, Jae Elmore > Kambalda Approved
PORLAI, Zachary Elmore > Marong In Progress
WADDINGTON, Marc Elmore > Marong In Progress
KELLY, Leigh Elmore > Marong In Progress
TUBB, Christopher Elmore > Marong In Progress
SMITH, Richard Elmore > Wyche-Narraport In Progress
LOWES, Robert Elmore > YCW In Progress

funny how they want to keep their youth now but a few years back they didnt care about their local players and because of that they lost a pioneer/vic rep, GVFL u18s b and f winner, GVFL reps etc.

Hey Nesko, bit like how Locky looked after Hoppy 18 months ago????? Have a look in your own backyard.

funny how they want to keep their youth now but a few years back they didnt care about their local players and because of that they lost a pioneer/vic rep, GVFL u18s b and f winner, GVFL reps etc.

Hey Nesko, bit like how Locky looked after Hoppy 18 months ago????? Have a look in your own backyard.

To be fair nesko was only answering a question. Also I think you are refering to the "rocketgate" scandal 18 months ago. :D It was a bit sad , but don't you think that many players leaving after winning the top prize is questionable ? Makes me think that the motivation was lining their pockets

Just had a look at the transfer list and there seems to be around 13 or 14 blokes wanting to move on from elmore maybe alls not well out there at Elmore anyone know more?:confused:

Everything going real well at the bloods actually. Most of those blokes are twos looking to have a crack at Marong which is fair enough, while smithy and feva are moving elsewhere. No hard feelings at all and all good blokes who are welcome back anytime. Think the guys we have lost are going to be more than covered for by our recruits. Pre-Season training trip to mansfield this weekend will be good too. We will disappointed if we dont play at the same standard as last year so expecting to be there at business end of season......

Good news on 2 fronts Doona. Good to see the kid is going to work towards his future in football. And we dont want Bonnie Doon being too strong this season.
You better be careful too Doona, you dont want your committee finding out that you have too much of an interest in the future of your kids and football club. You might be looking for a new job when they find out that you dont have a win at all costs attitude.:thumbsu:

Mate having tasted it before I'm as hungry and driven by success as the next bloke, but I refuse to jeopardise the overall picture to achieve it - we've got a great nursery of up and coming footballers, and with a few experienced key position heads around them I'm pretty sure the Roos will be ok - we did run Elmore to a point at home, pushed Colbo both times, beat Mounts then lost by under a kick at Toolleen, beat Heathcote once so she aint all doom and gloom IMO.

The key for us is finding consistency and also finding a way to win the close one's. Had 3 narrow losses last year that coulda made a world of difference.

Mate having tasted it before I'm as hungry and driven by success as the next bloke, but I refuse to jeopardise the overall picture to achieve it - we've got a great nursery of up and coming footballers, and with a few experienced key position heads around them I'm pretty sure the Roos will be ok - we did run Elmore to a point at home, pushed Colbo both times, beat Mounts then lost by under a kick at Toolleen, beat Heathcote once so she aint all doom and gloom IMO.

The key for us is finding consistency and also finding a way to win the close one's. Had 3 narrow losses last year that coulda made a world of difference.

We did have 2 very good contests last year mate and you probably should have got up at Toolleen as well but an excellent performance by the Mounts fullback just got us over the line :D

Just kidding, you guys will definitely be there abouts if you can get the natural improvement from the young blokes

We did have 2 very good contests last year mate and you probably should have got up at Toolleen as well but an excellent performance by the Mounts fullback just got us over the line :D

Just kidding, you guys will definitely be there abouts if you can get the natural improvement from the young blokes

Ha ha forgot about that - sure was a spectacle seeing you two blokes battling it out on one leg each :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah Nesko_25. Talk about looking after locals. Might want to ask yourself why Locky locals like Harris is at neighbouring club Mitiamo, Mitchell is at neighbouring club Echuca, Palmer and Oliver are at neighbouring club Rochy, Mundy is at neighbouring club Elmore, etc, etc!! Maybe you have your own story to tell.

My ladder:

Elmore
Heathcote
Broady
Lbu
Mounts

Colbo
Hills
North
Huntly

Would not be counting on to many players from Seymour moving to Broadford, not without some fairly big $ being involved, very stable club Seymour, getting anyone to move from there will be a task

my prediction

Elmore 14wins 2losses
May slip a little, but their side last year was one of the best i've seen in the hdfl, many good players

Heathcote 11wins 5losses
Should go better this year, good young team last year, much hype

Mounts 10 and 6
Will be dangerous again, would not be surprised if they finish even higher

Colbo 9 and 7 No lock, so will not dominate by any stretch, but will be very competitive

LBU 9 and 7 Have a lot of work to do, but had horror injuries last year.. saw them in 2006 and were a very good side, still can't believe the shocker they had last year..

Broady 7 and 9 Just not convinced about broady, few key losses.. good hard list, but still can't provide solid performances away from home.

WH 7 and 9 Play very attacking footy which sometimes works in their favour, but stuggle when good sides force them to play tight.. hope they go better, good club.

Huntly 3 and 13 Hopefully the hawks get off the bottom this year, hope they win more than this, but this is a team that had up to 4-5 kids coming up from U/17's to fill in for the 1's last year.. rebuilding.

North 3 and 13 Couple of losses, couple of pick ups, no where near strong enough last year.

Hahah Nesko_25. Talk about looking after locals. Might want to ask yourself why Locky locals like Harris is at neighbouring club Mitiamo, Mitchell is at neighbouring club Echuca, Palmer and Oliver are at neighbouring club Rochy, Mundy is at neighbouring club Elmore, etc, etc!! Maybe you have your own story to tell.

Have a look in my backyard? Why I am Yet Again. If you didnt know I've played 105 games at Elmore! Trust me I know about Elmore not looking after its young locals thats why I crossed to LBU a few years back.

Oh and MtMen, Oliver applied for the coaching job but when Lenny got the Rochy job he stayed to help out his mate and Palmer played at locky in 2006 but while he didnt play much due to injury, you could tell he was a standout in the HDFL and went back to a better standard. Mundy aka Mundie played over 300 games for the cats and just wanted a flag before its past him, we'll see what he's doing this year. Harro went with Hoppy as they are good mates, Harro didnt have a falling out with the club. I'm also sure its got nothing with them wanted to play at a higher standard, who is the club to try and stop young guys from trying to play at the best level they can? Nat O'Brien and Bongy could play at a much higher standard and while the club would love them to play at LBU they wont hold them back (Natta just signed with Werribee is the rumor) so why should Olly or Palmer be any different?

If locky didnt look after its locals can you tell me why all these locals played 1s this year after playing thirds at the club (highlighted played thirds last year):

Sam Newth, Greg Byrne, Daniel Harris, Cal Randall, Matt Bongiovanni, Nat O'Brien, Small McIntyre, Jayden Baldwin, Phil Smith, Jamie Maddison, Mark MacFarlane, Jared Ireland, Matt Butcher, Chaise Richards, Grant Sims, Adam Sims, Joel Randall, Liam Main, Tim Hermans, Brook Nichol, Kyle Nichol, Shane Cook, Andy Maddison, Shaun Fraser, Jarad Mundie, Zac Pentreath, Brett Mundie, Reece Hobbs, Ryan McMinn Daniel Andrews and I'll included my self

Have a look in my backyard? Why I am Yet Again. If you didnt know I've played 105 games at Elmore! Trust me I know about Elmore not looking after its young locals thats why I crossed to LBU a few years back.

Oh and MtMen, Oliver applied for the coaching job but when Lenny got the Rochy job he stayed to help out his mate and Palmer played at locky in 2006 but while he didnt play much due to injury, you could tell he was a standout in the HDFL and went back to a better standard. Mundy aka Mundie played over 300 games for the cats and just wanted a flag before its past him, we'll see what he's doing this year. Harro went with Hoppy as they are good mates, Harro didnt have a falling out with the club. I'm also sure its got nothing with them wanted to play at a higher standard, who is the club to try and stop young guys from trying to play at the best level they can? Nat O'Brien and Bongy could play at a much higher standard and while the club would love them to play at LBU they wont hold them back (Natta just signed with Werribee is the rumor) so why should Olly or Palmer be any different?

If locky didnt look after its locals can you tell me why all these locals played 1s this year after playing thirds at the club (highlighted played thirds last year):

Sam Newth, Greg Byrne, Daniel Harris, Cal Randall, Matt Bongiovanni, Nat O'Brien, Small McIntyre, Jayden Baldwin, Phil Smith, Jamie Maddison, Mark MacFarlane, Jared Ireland, Matt Butcher, Chaise Richards, Grant Sims, Adam Sims, Joel Randall, Liam Main, Tim Hermans, Brook Nichol, Kyle Nichol, Shane Cook, Andy Maddison, Shaun Fraser, Jarad Mundie, Zac Pentreath, Brett Mundie, Reece Hobbs, Ryan McMinn Daniel Andrews and I'll included my self

Well said Nesko!:thumbsu:

Im hearing you King, just making the time more and more perfect for the Barrack Reserve boys to go BANG :D
Ease up there Big Man. Back to square one with the coach after his little sojourn to West Ham or where ever, so I'm tipping the boys will be in for a nightmare couple of weeks on the track when he gets back:D:D

What did they do to you exactly ?

Also, interesting to see the exodus of players from elmore, where will they find a dozen new 2's players in time for rd 1 ?

I started playing at Elmore in 1999 and stopped in 2004 and in that time they only ever had enough players to field a whole side on a regular basis and that was 2000 when the LBU boys played at Elmore instead of in the Bgo league. The club didnt care, they would of been able to field a side with the help of the Rochy boys, if the club helped them boys get from Rochy to Elmore but they wouldnt.

Alot of the senior boys didnt watch the thirds or even know their names despite the 3rds running water, pre-season etc (except Cam Cail, Wes, Disco etc). In 2005 alot of boys left and went and played Rochy under 16s leaving the side with 11 regular players but once again the club didnt even try and talk them into staying, just let them leave.

But after the league brought in the rule about not fielding a senior team the got the act together and joined Colbo in getting an under 14s side but they have lost alot of good young locals to Rochy and these would be very good HDFL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back