Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those bagging Mounts. Jealousy is curse . Get over it. I love the fact that people put in the crying symbol when they are the ones having a sook.....

Mount Pleasant is a great and successful club. Every team has their locals and buys in players they need. The fact they got, and have held onto a top footballer and bloke like Cam Carter for 3 seasons speaks highly of the way the club is run. The fact that they have been so successful for the past 30 years (14 senior premierships and 12 reserves), is the reason they can get good players out. Sure there will be guys who stay for one season then move on, but the majority will stay for 3,4,5 years and that is how you build a club. Clubs will always turn over players. Its a fact of life that guys move on. I myself have only been involved there for 3/4 years, not as a player, but this year won't be attending as much as I have a new family member. Stuff happens.

Guys also like playing premierships, and if they are in a crap team and are offered some cash to move mid-season to a team who could win it, many will move.

This is the prelim final team, as I can't get the GF one.

Locals or those who have been at the club 3+ years:
Carter, Douglas, East, Ferrier, Gee, Gee, Grinton, Johansson, Kerr, King, Nihill, O'Connell, Rojewski, Ryan, Shannon, Webb. That is 16 of the 21. The others were:
Black, Dalton, Johnson (but he lives at Toolleen now), McCleary, Shepherd.

bloodhound, you had better ring Bluey before he bankrupts your club like he did at Northern United.

to showmethemoney who said the forum was to speak s h i t on, it isn't, but you did a brilliant job of it.
I'll take that as a complement then thanks oldman ps you sure it isn't? ;)

Fcuk can you blokes give it a rest. This theme just seems to reoccur. How many of mounts blokes are local and how much money they fork out. What ever they do they do it well. Their record speaks for itself. I bet they're not throwing money out hand over fist like elmore. Jealousy IS a curse. Any new news. Heard Heathcote have signed an on baller and possibly a ruckman. Have also heard the mildura flavour at elmore are two blokes by the name of jo cavallo and Jake smythe, plenty of $$ there.

Not sure bout the Heathcote story but I called in at Huntly last night and they had approx 30 on the track and they rekon that another half a dozen regulers missing.Daniel Geary got through an interclub praccy match and kicked a few.
They said they are looking for a club to play against on the 14th of April , if anyone is free let me know and I can tell 'em when i call down next week for coldy.

I'll take that as a complement then thanks oldman ps you sure it isn't? ;)

Lets get on with business boys.

Will Mounts hold: Grinton and Dalton Yes or No?? How good will they be this year?

Will Elmore finally blow their budget to the s h i t house and at least get a flag?? Or will it all blow up in their face again?

Will Colbo be the quiet acheiver?? Seem to have recruited very well and not lost many at all!

Can Heathcote take that next step come finals?

Will Lockingington lose some ground or have they recruited enough in the likes of the axeman etc to be true final contenders?

Can the likes of White hills and Broadford push for a spot in the five?

Huntly and North how competitive will they be?

Lets get down to it hey!

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah, 30 years of sucssess and all I can say is its been more than 30 years since mounts have updated there vistors change rooms. You have no respect for your peers.:mad:

Cant deny Mounts success , and good on em but I have to agree with you Big BOJ , the V rooms are a disgrace and they bloody stink as well.Somewhere to warm up before a game would be handy!!!!

Lets get on with business boys.

Will Mounts hold: Grinton and Dalton Yes or No?? How good will they be this year?

Will Elmore finally blow their budget to the s h i t house and at least get a flag?? Or will it all blow up in their face again?

Will Colbo be the quiet acheiver?? Seem to have recruited very well and not lost many at all!

Can Heathcote take that next step come finals?

Will Lockingington lose some ground or have they recruited enough in the likes of the axeman etc to be true final contenders?

Can the likes of White hills and Broadford push for a spot in the five?

Huntly and North how competitive will they be?

Lets get down to it hey!

I'll give it a go.......based on the silly season rumour & innuendo.......

Grinton & Dalton gone , I think Mounts might come back to the pack
Elmore will be thereabouts...depends on infighting and when the players all find out how much their mates are getting paid
Colbo...definitly the quiet achievers , will be right up there
Heathcote will improve , might sneak in to the top three ,apparently the new coach can really play
Broadford are an unknown quantiy to me but always hard to beat at home , might grab 5th
White Hills could be o/k but if consistant rumours , about some of the players being unhappy with the coach , are true then this could bring them undone , Sawyer is huge plus
North should have good depth this year and will be competive but it might be another year or two for them before they challenge
Huntly have lost a couple but , get Geary & Alford (both long term injuries last year) on the track and they could show some improvement.
Lockington wont want to rely just on Axe , he has a crook hip and his best footy is behind him , Dobson gone , favorite son Neil Hopkins leaves on a sour note , hate to say it because they will probably prove me wrong but they could struggle? :eek:

Anyone else???

wATCH OUT FOR A BLOKE BY THE NAME OF JEREMY BROWN. Superstar from the Bendigo league signed with Colbi I think. I would rate him as the best centre half back in that league by a mile. Has had a couple of years off playin cricket in England. Gun sportsman made 207 last week and took 3 for 90 playes district cricket for Carlton.

I'll give it a go.......based on the silly season rumour & innuendo.......

Grinton & Dalton gone , I think Mounts might come back to the pack
Elmore will be thereabouts...depends on infighting and when the players all find out how much their mates are getting paid
Colbo...definitly the quiet achievers , will be right up there
Heathcote will improve , might sneak in to the top three ,apparently the new coach can really play
Broadford are an unknown quantiy to me but always hard to beat at home , might grab 5th
White Hills could be o/k but if consistant rumours , about some of the players being unhappy with the coach , are true then this could bring them undone , Sawyer is huge plus
North should have good depth this year and will be competive but it might be another year or two for them before they challenge
Huntly have lost a couple but , get Geary & Alford (both long term injuries last year) on the track and they could show some improvement.
Lockington wont want to rely just on Axe , he has a crook hip and his best footy is behind him , Dobson gone , favorite son Neil Hopkins leaves on a sour note , hate to say it because they will probably prove me wrong but they could struggle? :eek:

Anyone else???

Some good points there Serious
*Grinton has moved on I wouldn't be surprised to see Dalton front again
*LBU will need to find a few yet if they want to be top 3 again
* are you aware of the foot traffic leaving Atkins St?

really think that colbo are sneakin under the rader, a bit. if they get irwin back, him nd ill could be a very hard combo to stop, brown is a big plus for colbo but not as a key backman i wouldnt think, a good runner
- mounts will find someone to replace brown, they talk the talk, walk the walk, although kruger isnt a big recruit considering he didnt do much last time he was at munts
- infighting at white hills is rubbish, they have recruited a few and retained a few, which could see them competitive, McCreddin is a big in, so is Ben Jones
- elmore, lets be honest dust off the mantle piece every few years, they needa flag soon.
-LBU's answers dont lay with a 36 or 7 year old full forward
- heathcote have remained quiet, although they need a ruckman to replace conheady and smith, who was the best ruckman in the league.
-doona, id reckon has the broady boys travelling along nicely. although wont give anything away
-huntly cant rely on geary and recruits are few and far between, billings may find himself in for a long year again.
-north have recruited a few. no word on how they go, lost there most imporant players though/
i may be proven wrong. i'd like to be proven wrong.

Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse,
Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse, Jealousy is curse

That is all it is mounts are a great club, which players want to hang around. If a club is winning flags a near 50% rate over a 30 year period why wouldn't a new player from out of town come and play. Ask yourself what would you rather,

1. Get paid a packet load of $ and not play off in finals
2. Or get paid nothing and have a fair chance to play in a premiership

Whats all your answers, on grand final day what would you rather. sitting on the sidelines drinking cans with a wallet full or running around with a premiership medallion around your neck.

At the end of the day my points is your can't buy a medallion, and you would trade all the money you were paid during the year for it.
The best weekend of your life with tour mates.

That is all it is mounts are a great club, which players want to hang around. If a club is winning flags a near 50% rate over a 30 year period why wouldn't a new player from out of town come and play. Ask yourself what would you rather,

Whats all your answers, on grand final day what would you rather. sitting on the sidelines drinking cans with a wallet full or running around with a premiership medallion around your neck.

At the end of the day my points is your can't buy a medallion, and you would trade all the money you were paid during the year for it.

Ha tommy, how many senior flags have you won at mounts or have you been pushed back to the magoos due to the imports.:confused:

I am back

i am working a geelong not playing in hdfl

If i was though elmore offered $600 for me and they have not seen me play. who is this club. what are they playing other players ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am back

If i was though elmore offered $600 for me and they have not seen me play. who is this club. what are they playing other players ?

they will offer anything to pretty much anyone and don't seem to fussed about it. but in the last 20 years it hasn't done anything for them n u'd think they'd begin to learn from there mistakes

I am back

They are paying a bit of money but i don't think there paying out what eveyone is saying? You can't spend what you guys are saying and have a club in 5 years time!!! Call them dumb or crazy or what you like but shorely they have some idea?:confused:

They are paying a bit of money but i don't think there paying out what eveyone is saying? You can't spend what you guys are saying and have a club in 5 years time!!! Call them dumb or crazy or what you like but shorely they have some idea?

they can't have much idea, (if any) havent won a senior flag for 20 years. Maybe they wont have a club in 5 years time:D :) :D :thumbsu:

Broady had their first hit-out today at Assumption College. The wind was horrendous which robbed us of any chance of a high scoring affair.

Ending winning by I think 2 goals, ACK scored a couple late in the 4th term as their fitness levels just make them refuse to give up.

Goals - C. Dunne 3, C. Moran 2, B. Neilson 2, N. Simpson, A. Wilson
Better players - A. Wilson, D. James, C. Dunne, S. Duggan, J. Rowe, M. Coomans, N. Gemmill, B. Littlewood,

The two's gave their opponents a 6.5 to nil head start before falling short by 4 points, and the thirds lost their encounter by around 4-5 goals.

Take out the weather and it was a successful day, one I know the BFNC were appreciative in being invited to, and one I think we got a bit out of. We play Sunbury Kangas on April 5 and Romsey on the 14th.

Any other games over the weekend lads?

i heard that heathcote were pretty confident of getting jake smyth as he is a next door neighbour of former saints coach o'bree. what is his form and ability like. anyone know???

so are Gemmill and Wilson on board for 07 doona?

I actually put N. Gemmill by mistake (typo)!!! Its actually Kyle but he is remaining at nathalia as they chase 3 in a row - I have just offered us as a training venue for Kyle for the season. Geez if he happened to do his brief or something Im sure we'd try and get him ;) he loves it back home and they appear a top club and his family are quite prominent up that way . . . . maybe in 2008 being more realistic

Dipper is undecided as he's living and working in Melbourne these days, very much a wanted man and enjoyed it yesty - no doubt we'll chat as the next month unfolds.

Ha tommy, how many senior flags have you won at mounts or have you been pushed back to the magoos due to the imports.:confused:

Ha nice one tilt. ya tool. spoke to a stanhope mate of mine on the weekend who said grinton is definately playin over there.

I am back

you are pulling your self storm boy....They just do not offer that sort of coin so stop talking ****.

they will offer anything to pretty much anyone and don't seem to fussed about it. but in the last 20 years it hasn't done anything for them n u'd think they'd begin to learn from there mistakes

footy_5 maybe in the past you would be right but as for the club now they are trying to change things to become more successful on the ground. as for spending money every club has to spend some but the **** that gets talked on here is way out of line. bluey over the last year has spent money but also increased sponsership by a fair margin.

So they are trying to head in the right direction......like everyone keeps saying about mounts.....they are a well run club and we could take a leaf out of there book in that way........winning flags bring good player to clubs without spending money.

Tom, can you confirm newly appointed res. coach (Boof) is worried about lack of numbers, was seen scouting around North Bgo's training, trying to pinch some of his old campbells creek team mates. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back