Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna throw something in here and find any one elses thoughts in reference to huntly I believe that it is time that a new committee right from the top with maybe a few members take the club over they have not responded to the direction they tried for a number of years and trying only the young locals there recruitment has been terrible if it means the coaching staff as well so bit if there in charge of recruiting that needs a change they must have a fair bit of coin so get out there and recruiting not in a stupid way of giving money to any one who says they are worth that much find out about players first sure you must have locals but really there isnt much coming out of the locals from past experience there is to much putting in there noses from the top right thru the committee it must really be embarrassing the hdfl by the results especially that region of epsom/huntly are expanding so really until there is a change of guard out there and maybe get some fresh people into run the club with a bit of foresight i for one would help in any way

Maybe a change of the gaurd and the coaching staff, is the answer for the hapless hawks to taste any success in the near future on the footy field.The heart of a club comes from those people who give the time and effort, free of charge so the clubs can keep thier head above water finacially.Driving down goynes rd on saturday i was witness to a drove of netballers, parents and supporters hurdling the lack of fencing that whitehills have, faster than Jana Pitman.If the netballers are finding it tough to keep the wolves away from the door, maybe they could speak to the vcfl to get FOOD STAMPS printed in the yabba so the could save thier hard earned to pay at the gate on weekends.so to the netball players, parents and supporters who frosby flopped over the fence [you know who you are] you are robbing another club of funds,funds that go to provide a structure to be competitive on and ofF the field.The culture starts somewhere

ENJOY YOUR DRIPPING AND BREAD YOU THIEVES

I think it's the right time for G Moulday to step into the role of El Presidente. Everything this man touches seems to turn to gold. Back in form in the two's after a horror run with injuries and should be knocking on the door for a Senior call up. From all reports a great club orientated person with plenty of pull around the Bendigo and district region. Vote 1 G Moulday.:thumbsu::cool::thumbsu:

Just IDEA!!!!
This happening down at Wallan, Wallan is a going ahead town like Huntly.
The local Real Estate sells a building block $100 go's to the club, pluse the new land holder becomes a member.
I do not know if this what Huntly need's,Money & Membership
But this idea could bring a lot more people into the club and put new idea's into the club

P/S Iam only trying to give you somethink to ponder over:thumbsu:

Just IDEA!!!!
The local Real Estate sells a building block $100 go's to the club, pluse the new land holder becomes a member.
But this idea could bring a lot more people into the club and put new idea's into the club

Teddy great idea, these are the the thoughts of someone who cares about country footy, wether it could be put into play down at huntly, i dont know but maybe you should put your hand up for the role at the hawks:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Judging by the way your u/14's are going (undefeated with a percentage of over 2500) you have a future. That u/14 side is the best i have seen for ten years in the GCJFL - no stars as such, just a great team. Hope you can hold onto them all as they get older.

have to say that is mostly thanks to the auskick that got going about 6 years ago. the kids who started when it did are just coming up to play under 14's which gets the great numbers that we are getting for fourths. hopefully in the next couple of years we will se an under 12's team be made. i know that we have played a couple of under 12's games this year to give some of the younger kids ago. they have done very well in the games they have played and won all of them i think

Colbo to beat Elmore for the flag in a close 1 will Hayes to win BOG.
Andy Grant wins the Sam, Kane Gould in the 2s and Reece Hobbs in the 3rds. Matt Bongiovanni best under 20's from Lech Featherman. Biggest story with be Dalts to fight Big Bad Barry Hall at Broady. Headline LOST: 4 points, has been missing for quite a while, if found please contact the Huntly Football Club.

How do the North Central do it? Umpires have a list of under 21s playing and gives them votes 1,2,3?

Wouldn't get to cheeky Nesko the Hawks next 4 points could well be at the expense of the Cats if they dish up another performance like saturday.

some good games again this week coming fellas
- mounts and doona's boys
-the cote travel to the zoo
-hills to elmore
and locky have the job of travellin to colby

could open up the season for a few clubs as far as ladder possies go.

and since we are at the half way mark, or just past lets get a few of the regulars opinions on

- who will take home the flag?
- who will they beat?
- who will take home same cheatley
- and the seconds and thirds medals? ( there names cant come to mind)
- goal kicking?
- best player under 20 in the comp?
- biggest story to come out of the league?
- headline we might see?

boys and, girls, what is everyones thoughts on having a rookie of the year? i know north central do it. is it worthy of some thought, do you think??[/quote]

CMFL has a list of criteria, such as DOB senior games played in the years before then each club has the chance to nominate one p[layer who meets the criteria.

I think a rookie of the year is a great idea and really gives the young blokes something to aim for and also recognition for their seasons efforts

not sure how they do it mate, but have been for a few years now. was told that clubs nominate a there best or couple of best rookies ( under the age of 21 ) who they think are worthy. clubs cannot vote for there own player and it go's from there, , but not certain. surely there is some way it could be made viable.

by the way doon, how bad is the fletch injury???

When I was coaching in the now defunct CGFL, think for the 5-6 months the year consisted of we had an April nom, May nom , June nom etc etc - from memory I think the senior coaches, along with the league media blokes and perhaps the exec had a vote. I remember back in the early 90's the HDFL had a rookie of the year. I have a photo at home of Toot Morgan, me old man, Col Pederson and a young Bowden Hamilton who won it in 1990.

Fletch is fine andy, bit early to tell if he'll miss this week just yet.

Id love to say Broadford, if not it will be Colbo/Elmore
- who will they beat?
Colbo/Elmore
D. Lock/A. Grant tie
Tom Webster (2's); Jimmy Ingham (3's)
- goal kicking?
Spicka (1's), Chris Ball (2's), Jimmy Ingham (3's)
Featherstone
Sawyer the saviour!!!
- headlines we might see?
Big Footy Marquee a hit at season decider!!!
Elders tells Bloods star Smith it's Kilmore in '08 or else
VCFL gives green light - Baker's back!!!

- who will they beat?
- goal kicking?
- headline we might see?
quote]

-Colbo to take home the flag after defeating Heathcote in a close 1
-Sam Cheatley won by any of these players Lock, L jacobs (colbo) Grant, Hayes (elmore), Travaglia, Meldrum (H'cote), Cleary, Douglas (Mounts), Sawyer, J Angrove (W/hills), Fletcher, Rowe (broady)
-Public Vote won by Adam Cambell (campaignerley)
-Best Player Under 20 Jake Weppner, Hadley (Colbo), Condon, Freatherstone (H/cote), Hall, Cavalio (Elmore), T Griffen (Mounts), Fisher, Coomans (Broady), Wright (W/Hills)
-Goal kicking won easy by J Taylor
-Biggest Headline of the league
How close the top 6 team are with any of these team able to beat anyone on there day

- who will they beat?
- goal kicking?
- headline we might see?
quote]

-Colbo to take home the flag after defeating Heathcote in a close 1
-Sam Cheatley won by any of these players Lock, L jacobs (colbo) Grant, Hayes (elmore), Travaglia, Meldrum (H'cote), Cleary, Douglas (Mounts), Sawyer, J Angrove (W/hills), Fletcher, Rowe (broady)
-Public Vote won by Adam Cambell (campaignerley)
-Best Player Under 20 Jake Weppner, Hadley (Colbo), Condon, Freatherstone (H/cote), Hall, Cavalio (Elmore), T Griffen (Mounts), Fisher, Coomans (Broady), Wright (W/Hills)
-Goal kicking won easy by J Taylor
-Biggest Headline of the league
How close the top 6 team are with any of these team able to beat anyone on there day

Will be a masive effort for Heathcote to make the GF

I reckon Trev Douglas, Andy Grant, Damien Lock and Cam Carter would have to be level pegging for the medal at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Big Footy marquee at the GF is an outstanding idea Doona. I think we shpuld get behind this lads

As long as ya's r cheering on Broadford I'm right behind it - couldn't have the Heathcote boys present after recent posts, they may turn on each other and settle some arguments, as may the Elmore and Mounts lads!!!

Whats happened to our minister for good times HJ32 or any of the Colbo lads in fact. I have been told they are keeping a lid on things but fair dinmkun lads ya's r taking it a bit serious :D

Dont think you'll be busy Roota?

Roota's a realist nesko, he'll be sinking cans with the rest of ya's whilst the Roos who will be finally at full strength try to reverse Saturdays one point loss to Elmore :p

Dont think you'll be busy Roota?

I hope to be busy Nesko but it would still be great if the idea got off the ground. I have met many of the BF boys this season after games and i reckon if all of them got together in a tent and got on the sauce while watching me and my boys in the big one then i think it would be great.

Would certainly be some interesting sledging coming from the crowd

I hope to be busy Nesko but it would still be great if the idea got off the ground. I have met many of the BF boys this season after games and i reckon if all of them got together in a tent and got on the sauce while watching me and my boys in the big one then i think it would be great.

Would certainly be some interesting sledging coming from the crowd

You will be busy. Mounts will play in the big one agt Elmore or Colbo.

Teddy great idea, these are the the thoughts of someone who cares about country footy, wether it could be put into play down at huntly, i dont know but maybe you should put your hand up for the role at the hawks:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Ghost, I reckon that is a fantastic idea for Teddy, get him involved back at the grass roots instead of hob nobbing around with the Ump all the time.:thumbsu:

and since we are at the half way mark, or just past lets get a few of the regulars opinions on

- who will they beat?
- goal kicking?
- headline we might see?

boys and, girls, what is everyones thoughts on having a rookie of the year? i know north central do it. is it worthy of some thought, do you think??

The Flag:
Like Doona would love the Roos to be there, if not then Colbo will beat Elmore for the flag.
Sam Cheatley medallist will be Colbo coach Damien Lock.
Tom Morgan medallist will be the Roos Tom Webster.
David Roulston Medallist will be the Roos Jason Walsh.
Senior Goal kicking will be the Hillies Brad McConnell, Second's Roos Chris Ball and Thirds Cats Reece Hobbs.
Best Under 20 is Colbo's Grant Weeks, has played limited matches this year, or if unacceptable is Heathcote's man mountain Lech Featherstone.
Biggest Story: Roos storm to resounding grand final win.
One to see: League clears way for Baker to return in 2008.

The league hosted the rookie of the year back when the wheel was square and I recall the last winner of the award was Rob Lecek back in 1991. The award was canncelled half way through the 1992 season when only two or three candidates could be found.

can anyone tell me if fat boy manley has been getting a kick at elmore? very overrated, un disciplined, over weight and over paid good 2's player at best

Exactly moving onto Mounts, I just hope when the Elmore guys post they can give my boys a rap and acknowledge it was one of the best come from behind wins by their guys Ive seen and that my boys were tremendous at times also :thumbsu:

I wasnt able to make it to the game on Saturday but have spoken to a few of the boys who said it was a great game from both sides everyone giving it there all. Lots of positive things said about your boys doona and definitely alot of respect for what was said to be an "awesome" first qtr from broadford. Alot of the guys said it was a pretty special win.

I would like to say to all the knockers who say that elmore just go and pay big money for players who dont care about the club and are only there for themselves that if that was the case elmore never would have won this match. We have a great group of guys who all believe in each other and believe in the club and will never give up even when 10 goals down. Well done to all the boys that played for proving alot of people wrong.

Just IDEA!!!!

Okay Teddy,Not only you have idea's
Here is idea Huntly can think about. Go to your local school and have a talk to the teachers about getting the year 6 pupils to do a project on
Huntly Football Club web site.This will inprove your web site and also give the pupils experince.This could bring outsider's to the Club:)

Id love to say Broadford, if not it will be Colbo/Elmore
- who will they beat?
Colbo/Elmore
D. Lock/A. Grant tie
Tom Webster (2's); Jimmy Ingham (3's)
- goal kicking?
Spicka (1's), Chris Ball (2's), Jimmy Ingham (3's)
Featherstone
Sawyer the saviour!!!
- headlines we might see?
Big Footy Marquee a hit at season decider!!!
Elders tells Bloods star Smith it's Kilmore in '08 or else
VCFL gives green light - Baker's back!!!

IMO

Grand final = Elmore or Colbo

They will beat = Elmore, Colbo or Mounts

Samuel Cheatley = D Lock from A grant and I kay

Two's = Tom Webster (bford)/ K Gould (colbo)/ Matthew Niven (elmore)

Goal Kicking = Spicka and R hayes in a tie

Best Player under 20 = Featherstone (heathcote), I think Ryan Hayes is over 20 otherwise would have him in there as well. How old is that young kid who was 15 last year at Colbo playing again this year if so then he gets my vote??

Biggest Story for the year = Walshy's sacking.....sorry i mean resigning and the form of White Hills since, also Baker being knocked back by the league.

Big Stories we might see.
1. Elmore actually tell Elders star Rick Smith "Its Kilmore in 08 or else":thumbsu:
2. Mount Pleasant upgrade visitors rooms - Now contain only 3 life threatening diseases
3. D lock ............not critisized for a full week - full league inquiry announced!!
4. Elmore injury crisis - Southcombe and Doug Cail to make a comeback!
5. Baker back under strict guidelines - "no contact of anykind with anyone, must smile for all 4 qtrs and remember to say please and thank you!!

Just on Huntly.

When I was involved with the junior football league, and the Huntly Junior Footy Club, we couldn't even get a senior player to come and take the kids for training or watch a game. Most of them wouldn't have even been able to name one senior Huntly FC player.

That is where it all starts. I remember when I was a kid, I used to look up to the guys playing seniors and want to play in the seniors one day at my club.

Unfortunately, and it doesn't look like it has changed much, the senior Huntly FC don't give a stuff about the junior Huntly FC.

Huntly's "Re-developed" ground is dodgy too. Has any grass grown on it this season? Last year around this time, it was the worst football ground I had ever seen in my life, and I have seen many, many football ground across many leagues.

Just on Huntly.

When I was involved with the junior football league, and the Huntly Junior Footy Club, we couldn't even get a senior player to come and take the kids for training or watch a game. Most of them wouldn't have even been able to name one senior Huntly FC player.

That is where it all starts. I remember when I was a kid, I used to look up to the guys playing seniors and want to play in the seniors one day at my club.

Unfortunately, and it doesn't look like it has changed much, the senior Huntly FC don't give a stuff about the junior Huntly FC.

Huntly's "Re-developed" ground is dodgy too. Has any grass grown on it this season? Last year around this time, it was the worst football ground I had ever seen in my life, and I have seen many, many football ground across many leagues.

oldmanemu did you read my quote,That's what i was trying to show Huntly
To involve the school to bring the kid's closer to the senior ciub:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back