Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the pleasure of meeting the great Gillabbey last week. A man of considerable knowledge and mistique who will no doubt grace this thread for many moons to come. Apparently Rob Roy had dental surgery to remove that dirt from his teeth!![/quote]

You blokes don't know Rob too well. If you did you would know that he has got bugger all teeth to pick the grass out of :D

Had the pleasure of meeting the great Gillabbey last week. A man of considerable knowledge and mistique who will no doubt grace this thread for many moons to come. Apparently Rob Roy had dental surgery to remove that dirt from his teeth!![/quote]

You blokes don't know Rob too well. If you did you would know that he has got bugger all teeth to pick the grass out of :D

Look at you geek Mounts wont win one with you in the line up you aint got the basket

Yeah, touche Roota. You appear to have coped a fair serve from the Junky Bish. Might have been after a guts full as well I'd say.

Just about head out to North, So look out north i will be watching:thumbsu:

My Tips
Elmore In a close, one only because it's at Elmore

B/Ford Because they have to

H/Cote Because they will

Colbo Because they r to good

And that's it from me BECAUSE iam of to the Footy

P/S I wish Saturday was everyday:thumbsu:
Couldn't get them over the line dopey? What happened?

Hey ****** have a look at this weeks results.. Roots beat the leading goalkicker and got best yesterday so pipe up.

Lets be honest, both of them were lame after getting hurt early so the Roota v Tayls clash we'll just never really know until we meet ya's again in September :p

Another narrow loss, we just gotta start getting over the line. Couple of poor decision errors in our desperate last term might nearly have been the difference but Mounts were really good - every time we came at them they stood up and scored.
Cam Carters first half was purely awesome, has a huge motor that bloke. If Douglas didn't take 15 marks I'll be buggered yet he wasn't in the best, ya's must demand a hell of a lot outa him!!!

59 free kicks - is it just me or do HDFL games constantly get held up? Have been used to umps from the Wang/Shepp areas for 4-5 years and cant recall such high counts during my time at Yea.

Got a what's your decision lads - 5 minutes to go Broadford fwd pocket. Bit of a pack situation, Mounts player in desperation fires a handball in an attempt to rush a behind but the football flies straight over the boundary . . . . . . throw it in thanks or a free kick for deliberate???

Couldn't get them over the line dopey? What happened?

No i could not, I will tell u why and also why the other side's in the HDFL won.

Nth Bendigo..........Won BECAUSE Heathcote have got to many injuries, 2 more yesterday Jess & Saunders before half time

Elmore..................Won BECAUSE they are paying good money for the wright players to be a good side

Mt Pleasant............Won BECAUSE their experience would have got them over the line

Colbo.....................Won BECAUSE they also are paying good money out to put a good side on the ground every week

How is that Desmond TU TU like it or lump it this is my opinion:D:D

Lets be honest, both of them were lame after getting hurt early so the Roota v Tayls clash we'll just never really know until we meet ya's again in September :p

Another narrow loss, we just gotta start getting over the line. Couple of poor decision errors in our desperate last term might nearly have been the difference but Mounts were really good - every time we came at them they stood up and scored.
Cam Carters first half was purely awesome, has a huge motor that bloke. If Douglas didn't take 15 marks I'll be buggered yet he wasn't in the best, ya's must demand a hell of a lot outa him!!!

59 free kicks - is it just me or do HDFL games constantly get held up? Have been used to umps from the Wang/Shepp areas for 4-5 years and cant recall such high counts during my time at Yea.

Got a what's your decision lads - 5 minutes to go Broadford fwd pocket. Bit of a pack situation, Mounts player in desperation fires a handball in an attempt to rush a behind but the football flies straight over the boundary . . . . . . throw it in thanks or a free kick for deliberate???[/quote]

I honestly think that you cannot penalise a player in that situation if they are genuinely trying to rush a behind. His intention is not to get it out of bounds it is to get it through for a point. I know that he missed the mark but his intention was nt for the ball to go out of bounds. Would be a different story if it was say another 5 yards around the boundary line

Hay Big Ump, Is it still worth while coming up to B/Ford, Heathcote game.
Going by what u r saying with all the injuries. U be struggling to field a side or is that excuse for losing:thumbsu:

I honestly think that you cannot penalise a player in that situation if they are genuinely trying to rush a behind. His intention is not to get it out of bounds it is to get it through for a point. I know that he missed the mark but his intention was nt for the ball to go out of bounds. Would be a different story if it was say another 5 yards around the boundary line

Probably right :thumbsu:

Got a what's your decision lads - 5 minutes to go Broadford fwd pocket. Bit of a pack situation, Mounts player in desperation fires a handball in an attempt to rush a behind but the football flies straight over the boundary . . . . . . throw it in thanks or a free kick for deliberate???[/quote]

How does an umpire know what the players intentions are, and he has got twentyone yards to get it through for a rushed behind. Deliberate I say.

Hay Big Ump, Is it still worth while coming up to B/Ford, Heathcote game.
Going by what u r saying with all the injuries. U be struggling to field a side or is that excuse for losing:thumbsu:
They reckon the great man (the big ump) has been contemplating a bit of a comeback. Wouldn't that be a sight to see what's left of his hair flying around in the breeze when he's trying to take hangers!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona, I think u have started something with the idea of a Big Footy Marquee at the GF.
A few people have asked me is it going ahead, and asked me to pass on some ideas for the people connected with Big Footy to do on GF day.

(1) A longest kick between the Big Footy people at half time of the 1st
(2) A 50 meter sprint not a 100 meters at half time of the 2s
(3) A goal shot out half time of the 3rds
(4) Who can drink the most cans over the day
(4) Can anyone beat RWB recould of 35 dim sims in 10min:D

No i could not, I will tell u why and also why the other side's in the HDFL won.

Nth Bendigo..........Won BECAUSE Heathcote have got to many injuries, 2 more yesterday Jess & Saunders before half time

How many injuries do heathcote actually have? Every team has injuries at some stage of the year surely that is not a good enough excuse.

How does an umpire know what the players intentions are, and he has got twentyone yards to get it through for a rushed behind. Deliberate I say.

It is very difficult RWB but in this case it was very obvious what he was trying to do he just got a bugger of a bounce. I think if it is close to the behinds umpires probably need to give the player the benefit of the doubt, but as i said earlier if it is a bit further around the boundary then the free kick is fair enough

Hey guys just wondering how a guy by the name of Norm Kortum goes? Was talking to him last week and he said hes been killing them in the ones all year. Good Fella!

Hey guys just wondering how a guy by the name of Norm Kortum goes? Was talking to him last week and he said hes been killing them in the ones all year. Good Fella!

Yeah nice try, when were you talking to him because as the guy in question I can tell you that I spent the weekend with the missus and didnt leave the house after the game against north which was my first senior game. I can honestly say the only reason i'm in the 1s is because of injuries and I expect to be back in the 2s against Broady.

Dont make up shit to try and make me sound arrogent.

Yeah nice try, when were you talking to him because as the guy in question I can tell you that I spent the weekend with the missus and didnt leave the house after the game against north which was my first senior game. I can honestly say the only reason i'm in the 1s is because of injuries and I expect to be back in the 2s against Broady.

Dont make up shit to try and make me sound arrogent.

Just one of the joys of being involved in Big Footy Korto. You will get used to it

Got a what's your decision lads - 5 minutes to go Broadford fwd pocket. Bit of a pack situation, Mounts player in desperation fires a handball in an attempt to rush a behind but the football flies straight over the boundary . . . . . . throw it in thanks or a free kick for deliberate???

I don't like to say it as a mounts bloke but the player in question only had one intention, to get the ball out of play, bad bounce or not you would think that it would have to be deliberate.
Out of the 59 free kicks doona what was the tally for each side?

Elmore..................Won BECAUSE they are paying good money for the wright players to be a good side

Mt Pleasant............Won BECAUSE their experience would have got them over the line

Colbo.....................Won BECAUSE they also are paying good money out to put a good side on the ground every week

Mate give Nth some credit, everyone has injuries,every club puts there best 21 on the field, Nth dont have money like everyone else, but they have a bunch of goers

By mounts rushing a behind they then regain possession of the ball therefore have control of the play, giving them the opportunity to clear the ball 50m away from goal. Why would a player take the ball out of bounds for a 50/50 contest?? Throw it in thanks young fella....

How many injuries do heathcote actually have? Every team has injuries at some stage of the year surely that is not a good enough excuse.

Ya not wrong there we all have our worries, our woes blew out to 7 of our best 22 under injury clouds by stumps yesty - but it's always good to see what ya made of when your up against it and the lads have boxed on ok the past weeks against quality.

I don't like to say it as a mounts bloke but the player in question only had one intention, to get the ball out of play, bad bounce or not you would think that it would have to be deliberate.
Out of the 59 free kicks doona what was the tally for each side?

My main man had it 34-25 our way plus several on the fulls to each, and a 50m each for good measure :thumbsu:

Mate give Nth some credit, everyone has injuries,every club puts there best 21 on the field, Nth dont have money like everyone else, but they have a bunch of goers

Nth Bendigo..........Won. And so you maybe you should just leave it at that. BECAUSE Heathcote have got to many injuries, 2 more yesterday Jess & Saunders before half time

Oddly enough you mention why the other teams won, but you failed to mention why North won. I did not see you put B'fords loss was because of anything. Maybe you should acknowledge that they won because they are actually proving to be the true underdog and may deserve just a smidge more respect than most have paid them this year. Obviously that club has done something right because without money they have put in honest work. Good old fashioned work. And remember the players that are consistantly going well are players that returned to the club this year. Says a fair bit about them actually, So good on them, I hope their fortune continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back