Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard at ycw training on Friday night that Robbie Bennett has changed his mind and is no longer going to Stanhope and that he is returning to North.

Any official word on a Colbo coach yet? I see Saturdays Bendigo Addy announced Sam Hill to Eaglehawk. Think Tom Hill will also be staying in Melb for 08.

Any official word on a Colbo coach yet? I see Saturdays Bendigo Addy announced Sam Hill to Eaglehawk. Think Tom Hill will also be staying in Melb for 08.

Obviously dont get the Addy down here but have they mentioned the Ricky Joyce to White Hills thing yet? If so can someone post it, anyone from a GVFL finals side will be very very handy in this comp. Also apologies to Ablett I somehow deleted the message mate if u wanna try again.

Bendigo Addy

Millar leads Colbinabbin

COLBINABBIN Football-Netball Club has appointed Brent Millar as senior coach for the 2008 season.
The goalkicking midfielder first played for the Grasshoppers in the 2006 season, after stints in the Ovens and Murray League and with the Balmain Tigers in Sydney.
Millar replaces former Carlton footballer Damien Lock who will return to Eaglehawk next year.
Improving on last season’s grand final capitulation may be one of Millar’s more long-term goals, but in the interim his focus is on retaining a senior list that is in grave danger of unravelling.
Lock has taken key forward Sam Hill with him to Eaglehawk, meaning the Grasshoppers have lost their best midfielder and arguably their best forward little more than two months after the grand final.
Defender Tom Hill is likely to play A grade amateurs in Melbourne next year.
‘‘Obviously, losing Locky is a big setback, but we’d expect to keep the majority of our list,’’ Millar said.
‘‘I was only appointed on Friday, so I haven’t really had a chance to call around and see what the boys’ plans are for next year.’’
The 28-year-old is married to Colbinabbin A grade netballer Jess Cunningham and has recently started a building apprenticeship with senior assistant coach Rod Doak.
Despite previous employment with the Australian navy, Millar said he was unlikely to adopt a hardline approach to pre-season training when it begins on January 15.
Millar said that with solid support from his coaching team he was confident of performing both on and off the field.
The Grasshoppers will be striving for a finals berth again in 2008, but Millar expected stiff competition from several other clubs in his debut coaching season.
‘‘From what I’ve heard Mounts have recruited quite well.
Elmore should be tough again.
White Hills is a bit of a roughie with all the young blokes they had this year and Broadford, you can’t go past them,’’ he said.
Colbinabbin has reappointed John Vale as coach of the under-17s and expects to make an announcement about the reserves coaching position soon

Went down to Kilmore last night for the last couple of races, spotted Broadford coach Nolan and Kilmore captain Robertson in deep conversation, numbers were exchanged. Talks ended with a handshake and a "ill hear from ya soon mate". Whats going on???

Went down to Kilmore last night for the last couple of races, spotted Broadford coach Nolan and Kilmore captain Robertson in deep conversation, numbers were exchanged. Talks ended with a handshake and a "ill hear from ya soon mate". Whats going on???

Jesus chrsit nothing is sacred anymore mate!!! Robbo was a 3rds player at BFNC and it was more a chat to see how he's doing and when will this "poor attitude" i keep hearing about change. I have every respect for Matty, and think we're on a level and have always been honest but Id be very very doubtful that we'd be in his thinking re: footy in 2008.

So when are u and ya 3 buddies coming for a run?

Jesus chrsit nothing is sacred anymore mate!!! Robbo was a 3rds player at BFNC and it was more a chat to see how he's doing and when will this "poor attitude" i keep hearing about change. I have every respect for Matty, and think we're on a level and have always been honest but Id be very very doubtful that we'd be in his thinking re: footy in 2008.

So when are u and ya 3 buddies coming for a run?

Doona how much is Joeyboy paying u to write his quote's?????????????:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona how much is Joeyboy paying u to write his quote's?????????????:D

Ha ha Im just spewing I met him at the races now :( more importantly he said he'd come for a run pre-xmas and hasn't fronted yet

Is Geary lining up for the Hawks in 2008?

I saw the Huntly AGM advertised in the addy on Saturday. Anyone know how it went? Many numbers? New ideas as I read the executive was stepping down?

And what is all this talk about players going to Mitiamo? Why the hell would they want to play there?[/quote]

why the hell would they want to stay? :D

well baz , Miti is from what i've seen is quite a nice community , kind of like the fraggle rock . all the doozers run the show and the fraggle's ( the players ) do there best to stuff things up . But on a serious note all the best to Rick Cowelling on his appointment

We went for a light run monday night mate. About a dozen rocked up. Will do that each monday until Xmas with "Smally Mac" taking boxing sessions on a thursday night.:thumbsu:

hey fridge, can you let me know whether baker has started out at locky, i also heard that rob baldock has gone out to locky. I heard a whisper that echuca united are chasing brad mundy so you could say that baker would be a fair swap for mundy (even though he is listed at elmore) and baldock a fair swap for a expired bus ticket, as long as the bus ticket can play in the ruck in the 2's.

Any colbo fans gunna get on here and congratulate the new appointment and talk about what a great job he will do. The silence is deafening. Are there concerns about him given he was about 6th in line?

Any colbo fans gunna get on here and congratulate the new appointment and talk about what a great job he will do. The silence is deafening. Are there concerns about him given he was about 6th in line?

ha, this comment would suggest that maybe millar's not a good choice?

i think you'll find that colbo's had a great deal of success with relatively inexperienced appointments in the past, Darryl Wilson and Damien Lock spring to mind, both had little or no experience as a senior coach and both produced favourable results.

I think you'll find that well run country footy clubs don't rely so much on the coach, but the resources and players that back him up. At this level it doesn't matter so much about coaching ability, as long as he can play good footy and has his head screwed on.. and fortunately for millar, he has a good support team in place already.

I think you'll find that well run country footy clubs don't rely so much on the coach, but the resources and players that back him up. At this level it doesn't matter so much about coaching ability, as long as he can play good footy and has his head screwed on.. and fortunately for millar, he has a good support team in place already.

Tony Southcombe?

Big BOJ or other Huntly guys might be able to answer this... Heard that there Are a few "Ex" Huntly guys doing there OWN training together at the moment, contemplating a comeback and from what i am told is led by Beau Sheils and Simon Austin?
A guy at work seen half a dozen of them running around Lake Weerona on Sunday Morning(9.30am), NO CURRENT PLAYERS OR COACHES THO! Did include numerous guys from different clubs, including a few that played off in G/F's this year.... must be keen if training at that time of day? Anyone know if this group have been contacted and if they are likely to return with us (please say yes)?:confused:

Hunlty have spoken to a number of Ex Players who, understandably, want to see if the club is going to be at least competitive before rejoining....things are looking positive so at least a few of them should be back.:thumbsu:

Call it as you like emu, can't see where I said they want to lose just stating that apparently from within the comment was made that 08 wasn't the focus, good comment when you are in the middle of recruiting and carrying on about changing culture : Come along to the Mighty Hawks not planning on doing much next year we will just give you 500 and hope you stay and enjoy losing: I know who the w***ers are.
Looks like it will be another 4 easy points x 2 when we play you next year again.

Hamo clearly stated when he was appointed that Huntly are looking at a minimum of 5 to 6 wins for '08, what did you think he would say stupid..... that Huntly intend to win the flag:confused:.

Can anyone tell me how Elmore are shaping up ? Also have Locky recovered after the "rocketgate" scandal ? and finally Heathcote lads is Tommy Tobin going around again ?

Can anyone tell me how Elmore are shaping up ? Also have Locky recovered after the "rocketgate" scandal ? and finally Heathcote lads is Tommy Tobin going around again ?
Tom "the pink panther" Tobin is shaping up very well at the moment and was actually down your way last week end Acky with a few of the boys at the Track. Long time reader of Big Footy 'Bruno' reportedly got lucky when the boys ventured into the Cas with a young lass who absolutely destroyed the former Heathcote Captain in the sack!!!! Great work my little friend.

Tom "the pink panther" Tobin is shaping up very well at the moment and was actually down your way last week end Acky with a few of the boys at the Track. Long time reader of Big Footy 'Bruno' reportedly got lucky when the boys ventured into the Cas with a young lass who absolutely destroyed the former Heathcote Captain in the sack!!!! Great work my little friend.

That's what I call a pre season ! have you blokes picked up any on the track or just at the cas from two machines over ? Any match for the Elmore based bendigo side ?

Heard from a good source The Big trevor arthur has put his name in the mix for a bigger and better side for huntly in the coming year good luck to your rub down bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back