Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did'ny they have a cricket match with north/huntly, that would make half there being cricket players, so you could say 20 footballers, still better then 6, is ross daley still at huntly
The social cricket match was the week before on the sunday training was as i said 43 footballers backed up by around 35 friday night. I believe ross daley is with Pyrimad Hill now.

Adam Rout, Dallas Pedretti, Travis Dillon, Sam Hargraeves, Zac Porlai, 2nds B&F T bone, all going to Marong. Routs the only one abviously to have played regular seniors, although I think a few of the others are confident of playing seniors and probably should if they train.

Adam Rout, Dallas Pedretti, Travis Dillon, Sam Hargraeves, Zac Porlai, 2nds B&F T bone, all going to Marong. Routs the only one abviously to have played regular seniors, although I think a few of the others are confident of playing seniors and probably should if they train.

Marc Waddington is also on that list played a handful of ressies matches last season after coming back from a knee reco but played most of the year in the seniors in 2006. Last season is the only season Dal didnt play seniors in his 8 odd years at elmore. Lee Kelly is another who is coming and has played about 6 or 7 senior games at elmore and TUbby who won the 2's best and fairest has played i think 3 or 4 senior matches. And just for the record its spelt Hargreaves thanks mate and my time in the seniors in elmore was too long ago to comment on!!

Marc Waddington is also on that list played a handful of ressies matches last season after coming back from a knee reco but played most of the year in the seniors in 2006. Last season is the only season Dal didnt play seniors in his 8 odd years at elmore. Lee Kelly is another who is coming and has played about 6 or 7 senior games at elmore and TUbby who won the 2's best and fairest has played i think 3 or 4 senior matches. And just for the record its spelt Hargreaves thanks mate and my time in the seniors in elmore was too long ago to comment on!!

So can we expect lots of positing on the LVFL thread from your good self now Bloodhound???

So can we expect lots of positing on the LVFL thread from your good self now Bloodhound???

I may post something every now & then mate but i think i should probably change my name from bloodhound if im actually not a blood anymore! Actually made the decision to leave at the end of last year which is why i was surprised to see my name listed in an earlier post last year as definitely leaving and just surprised to even rate a mention!!

I heard that Dallas was a pretty good player it was just that he work nights and couldn't train and that is why he played in the 2nd's.
There is rumors that Andy Grant is going back to Marong because Freddo is now coaching, tell me if he was to go back to the lvl wouldn't it be to Mitty with the rest of his family? Same people I think just like to start rumor's to entertain themselves.

LBU had there first training run for the new year tonight at the Bamawm Rec Reserve. Had about 32 train which was good for the first night with a few onlookers. Would of battled to get those numbers to our best training last year, so hopefully things are on the improve and we can be a bit more competitive this year. The Fridge s t ruggled, put on a few kilos over the Chrissy brake. How are the other teams shapeing up? Has every one started up for the new year?

The Saints kicked off '08 tonight in fine form... Was great seeing 40 blokes hit the track, including a few new faces... Lech "I Wish I was Carey" Featherstone & his brother in arms "Dave "It's Crucial" Farley smashed the 3km time trial... Good work fellas..

Mick Ring, who has bulked up over summer looks neat & tidy, aswell as Heathcote's number 1, Daniel "Tinsel" Carrol...

Good effort from the Heathcote faithful to turn up and support the boys too, it looked like the BIG Scotsman enjoyed his debut as the HDFL official photographer, while enjoying the catch of the day...

All in all, a great night... Not too many concerns at this stage, except for the 2 cockatoo's laying all over the road between Tooborac & Lancefield..

Phuket08

LBU had there first training run for the new year tonight at the Bamawm Rec Reserve. Had about 32 train which was good for the first night with a few onlookers. Would of battled to get those numbers to our best training last year, so hopefully things are on the improve and we can be a bit more competitive this year. The Fridge s t ruggled, put on a few kilos over the Chrissy brake. How are the other teams shapeing up? Has every one started up for the new year?

was on of the on lookers Graham Turner ? making sure you didn't run on the pitch ;)

The Saints kicked off '08 tonight in fine form... Was great seeing 40 blokes hit the track, including a few new faces... Lech "I Wish I was Carey" Featherstone & his brother in arms "Dave "It's Crucial" Farley smashed the 3km time trial... Good work fellas..

Mick Ring, who has bulked up over summer looks neat & tidy, aswell as Heathcote's number 1, Daniel "Tinsel" Carrol...

Good effort from the Heathcote faithful to turn up and support the boys too, it looked like the BIG Scotsman enjoyed his debut as the HDFL official photographer, while enjoying the catch of the day...

All in all, a great night... Not too many concerns at this stage, except for the 2 cockatoo's laying all over the road between Tooborac & Lancefield..

Phuket08
Good to see you on the track Phuket, surprising Micky Ring has bulked up with all the extra training he has been doing....:thumbsu: Gotta say that Tinsel is looking fantastic but what has happened to Meldrum's lower half!! Only going to get bigger after this week end up at Tooleybuc with French and the Dog. Young recruits look like they can play and a couple of the thirds kids look to have done the right things over the summer. Lechy looking very fit at this stage and good to see O'Bree on the track the first night, should be pretty fit to play in the magoos.

Phuket08

Word coming out of the Pyalong Primary Xmas party is the Saints are gunna take some beating, sounds like they've kicked off their campaign in perfect fashion . . . . . with the list strengthening with a few recruits already there was no need to ring young Gillard surely :eek:

Word coming out of the Pyalong Primary Xmas party is the Saints are gunna take some beating, sounds like they've kicked off their campaign in perfect fashion . . . . . with the list strengthening with a few recruits already there was no need to ring young Gillard surely :eek:
You've gotta cover all bases Doona, and I'll think you'll find that he was the one who sounded out the Saints.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsdown:

geez fridge,hasnt jackie taught you that rule of spelling yet? "drop the E when adding I.N.G"? :D
numbers at training were very good and it was evident from the start there would be no piss-farting around or "cutting corners"(fridge) with a "couple" of push ups and sit ups being awarded to the group during the night. i dont know about you fridge, but i felt like...and probably resembled that of a dying oxe during those runs.one who has had lung,heart and kidney problems,not to mention the liver.:p
good to see a few new boys at training. just a pity to see pritch has put on so much weight over christmas:D he will have to work hard to catch up to you grug.
a few apologies for the night, baldy in bgo,no license.roo and rocket "working" and nesko is still in hibernation.:D hows that cave going anyway nesko? got broadband in there yet? at least you'll be warm in that nice thick coat of yours. see you in april.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_nicholls
Surely we have to get a Heathcote v Broadford Sunday clash this year?

Do we . . . . says who? Aint it double time for a Sunday

Talking to some Nth Bendigo boys who rekon the Colden City cup V Huntly might be a Sunday game this year :thumbsu: both clubs look like they should get competitve sides on the park so (depending on the weather) you would think a few might turn up for a look.

Herd similar things Doona, sounds like Heathcote by how far in 08.........
You guys started training yet mate? Can't wait to see some of the times for the beep test this year.;)

Herd similar things Doona, sounds like Heathcote by how far in 08.........
You guys started training yet mate? Can't wait to see some of the times for the beep test this year.;)

Ha ha you blokes will never let that one die - after consultation with those who help me as Ive never been big on personal fitness, they convinced me to scrap the beep for 2 & 3km runs.

Had 6 sessions prior to Xmas, getting our 22-23 to a session around 40 different heads thus far, I have admitted I'll be a bit more lenient this time around now I know how each bloke goes - they know what I expect and if they choose cricket training or have to work there will be some times/scores etc to meet before the practice games.

As indicated thru the local media and via many team mates it appears Dunney may be leaving, Rowey moved to Brisbane straight after the finals and our CHB "BL" is staying in Melbourne with Westmeadows closer to where his family relocated early last year.

Still a few names we are talking to, if we get a full season out of guys like Billy Neilson, Matt Williams, Tom Webster plus have a few more youngsters come thru Id like to think all the work put in place last year should see us remain competitive and hopeful of being in the hunt towards rounds 16, 17 and onwards.

Good to see you on the track Phuket, surprising Micky Ring has bulked up with all the extra training he has been doing....:thumbsu: Gotta say that Tinsel is looking fantastic but what has happened to Meldrum's lower half!! Only going to get bigger after this week end up at Tooleybuc with French and the Dog. Young recruits look like they can play and a couple of the thirds kids look to have done the right things over the summer. Lechy looking very fit at this stage and good to see O'Bree on the track the first night, should be pretty fit to play in the magoos.

Going to let this one slide for now RWB, let's just see what happens come friday.....

On Gillard, you were spot on. He asked young Salad for the Saints to give him a call but he has ended up moving to QLD.....

Heard the the grapevine Real Taste that you went to water in the Old Camberwell Classic tonight... I'm sure you wont have a repeated performace this weekend...

Bit of talk about where a few clubs are destined to finish good to have a few predictions i'll start the ball rolling.

Lockington B U
Mt.Pleasant
Heathcote
Elmore
Colbinabbin

Broadford
White Hills
North Bendigo
Huntly ( but back on the winners board with 2 wins and a draw).

It seems like the HDFL are set for a really tight season.

On Gillard, you were spot on. He asked young Salad for the Saints to give him a call but he has ended up moving to QLD.....

:( makes me sad to read that, thought me and the Gillster got along alright for our first season in competition together - nevermind I'm sure we will catch up whenever it is he decides to come home :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back