Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Help me pick a team!

I too am at odds with who to choose to support, my girlfriend is from Wisconsin and she and her whole family go for Green Bay so thats an easy choice but to be honest I like inner family rivalries (my Dad goes for the Maggies). So I am thinking of someone else.

St.Louis supporter in NHL so Rams maybe? Blue Jays fan in MLB so Buffalo perhaps? The other one I was thinking was seeing as week 2 will be my first game of NFL live vs the Bengals at Lambeau I was thinking maybe Cincy? That way I can be the idiot who gets beat up at a Packers game cheering on the opposition. Which of those 3 do you think will bring the most long term heartache, cause thats kind of where i want to head... no fun supporting a team 1 season and seeing them win it all :D

Any help, greatly welcomed.

I'll gladly help...

If you switch FROM the Packers to another team, I will promise to ridicule each and every post you make on this forum. You will become lower than Goedy and Riggy, and ask anyone, that's low in my book.

SImply put, the Packers are the greatest team of any sport in the world ever. They have the best history. Some of the greatest players and coaches ever. Most NFL Championships, countless HOFers. Gone through a lot of adversity and came out for the better. Had only two losing seasons in the past 17. Currently have some of the best young players at various positions, and look set for a positive few years at least.

There is absolutely no reason to jump off right now... but go ahead. Packer fans are the best, hardcore to the bone. If that's not you, go, you won't fit with us anyway.:rolleyes:

Packer fans are the best, hardcore to the bone. If that's not you, go, you won't fit with us anyway.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, lets see Fuey pick Packers CR double digits vs the Bears this week. ;) :p I got 'em High!

Hmmm, lets see Fuey pick Packers CR double digits vs the Bears this week. ;) :p I got 'em High!

I'll save you the trouble... I got them at 7.

Seems like I'm not confident about this week... that assumption would be wrong. I am 99% sure we will win tomorrow. It's just that I'm that little bit surer of the 10 teams above them! :D:p

With all this Giants hatred, I trust there'll be a fair few number of people cheering on the Redskins with me this weekend? :)

With all this Giants hatred, I trust there'll be a fair few number of people cheering on the Redskins with me this weekend? :)

Based on this weeks tipping I doubt it. ;)

Code:
New York            61
Washington           1

I'm slowly getting into the sport, watched a few games over the last couple of days and I'm slowly understanding the rules. Don't yet have a team but i did like the look of the Green Bay Packers....However i am swayed easilly if anyone wants to convinve me to support a team.

I'm slowly getting into the sport, watched a few games over the last couple of days and I'm slowly understanding the rules. Don't yet have a team but i did like the look of the Green Bay Packers....However i am swayed easilly if anyone wants to convinve me to support a team.

Most guys will tell you not to come out and commit to a team until you have watched a full season. Maybe more.

I'd research all the teams (Wikipedia is pretty good), decide if you can scrounge up an link, no matter how tenuous, to a team and then watch some games.

Team choice will probably come down to watching one of them do some really great stuff in front of your eyes and a few players you get to like.

It is kinda uncool to pick last year's Superbowl champs as your team, but the Steelers are pretty cool. Plenty of great stories they tell.

I didn't have the guts to go for a really bad team. I picked based on geography, history and "class". I partly went "big market" too because of better exposure in Australia.

As soon as you come out and support a team here, you'll be locked in so be careful :). Better to pick a team on the up than on top. Much more enjoyable as you are part of the ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most guys will tell you not to come out and commit to a team until you have watched a full season. Maybe more.

I'd research all the teams (Wikipedia is pretty good), decide if you can scrounge up an link, no matter how tenuous, to a team and then watch some games.

Team choice will probably come down to watching one of them do some really great stuff in front of your eyes and a few players you get to like.

It is kinda uncool to pick last year's Superbowl champs as your team, but the Steelers are pretty cool. Plenty of great stories they tell.

I didn't have the guts to go for a really bad team. I picked based on geography, history and "class". I partly went "big market" too because of better exposure in Australia.

As soon as you come out and support a team here, you'll be locked in so be careful :). Better to pick a team on the up than on top. Much more enjoyable as you are part of the ride.

cheers for that, i won't make a decision right now but i guess il jsut continue watching untill i se something i like.

I have ben doing a lot of research on teams so hopefully i do make a good decision when the time comes

cheers for that, i won't make a decision right now but i guess il jsut continue watching untill i se something i like.

I have ben doing a lot of research on teams so hopefully i do make a good decision when the time comes

Welcome aboard tb91. ERead posted an exceptional advice reply post that I fully endorse. Took me 5+ years of passive watching NFL before I really embraced the Steelers and it's been 20 seasons now of enjoying the ride...:D

I'll give you another good example of a BF reg poster who embraced the NFL sooner than I did (time framewise) and picked his team within 24 months is Goedy. Was really appreciative of many teams/ players.. really enjoyed keeping tabs of how teams were progressing and then.. in a cloud of smoke.. emerged his team.. the San Diego Chargers! are right on the brink of taking the next step but have tripped up a few times (too many) to go to the Big Dance. Will the 2009 season be the ONE?

I would jump on one of the up and coming teams like the Vikings or Atlanta, both good teams that could go all the way very soon. Or go for an older team with a bit of history eg Steelers, Green Bay etc

Seiously......untouched? WTF! :eek:

[youtube]ldY2pInMyR4[/youtube]

Obviously the Ravens studied the Chargers @ Raiders film last week and were not prepared to be humilated by letting Sproles just wander into the endzone Untouched.. to get the winning score. No sirrreee.

[YOUTUBE]FXDplN-wAu8&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Be careful doing what I did, picking Zona because of some friend connections/liking Warner...and then discovering they've won only one playoff game in 60 years. :p

Hmmm, that's interesting coz one of this board's much esteemed regulars has a very similar story about following the New Orleans Saints.

I didn't pick the Steelers because of the 70's glory...actually, I was unaware of that fact 20 years ago.. just comes down to watching games/ teams over time and then certain players just do that 'little bit more' to get you over the line. Been quite blessed with more winning seasons than most. Afterall, you can't change history and history means little when opting to choose any team. Live in the NOW not the past.

Hi all. Like many I have only ever watched the Superbowl before the beautiful thing that is channel one. And after some research, I have jumped on a team... the Arizona Cardinals. Why? Because they are the oldest franchise and haven't been successful for ages, like Melbourne. I was a bit concerned that they went alright last year, and didn't want to be a bandwagoner, but watching them against the Colts eased any concerns in that regard as they were absolutely dreadful.

Add to that the Phoenix Suns who have had no success, the Phoenix Coyotes who have filed for bankruptcy, and the Arizona Diamondbacks who came last in their Division this season and I am going to move to Arizona ASAP!

I see that Wizard is a Cardinals fan. Are there any others? Do you have any advice for me Wizard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back