Herald Sun - Lions to snatch Tigers target

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Am taking this news with a great deal of apprehension.

Conca might be a great player, I just don't know. I fear though that taking a player at 6 who otherwise would have been 15-25 could be just the sort of recruiting disaster that the Tiges are famous for.

I don't like this. Please leave him Brisbane!
This is what I don't understand. Just because a few mock drafts have a certain player at No 20 or whatever, doesn't mean they are going to turn out worse than the player drafted at No 6.

I still reckon Hepell is a chance TBH. What i cant understand is the Tigers reluctance to recruit anything from Gippsland. Has Royce Vardy/Brian Leys and Wayne Peters scarred us that bad. They've only made how many grand finals in the last 5 years. I hope like buggery that it's all smoke and mirrors and common sense prevails. We have some quality in the mid field and forward line. We have rucks, it's time to grab a couple of quality utilities ala a Thomas etc. FFS Tigers - get Heppel. You know it makes sense.

still think one of gaff heppell caddy and atley will be there at 6. to me these are the best 4 mids that will be left. im hoping for one of them.

He says 'Konka' in his interview.

Cool. Now I may be a little older and a touch more British than most of you guys, but 'Conkers' is a game you play using chestnuts on a strand, 'horse chestnuts' to be precise.

This has inevitably led to the word 'Conkers' being slang for a big pair of nuts. I like the implication.

Now if we can just pick up a big ruckman called Schlong my puerile dreams will come true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool. Now I may be a little older and a touch more British than most of you guys, but 'Conkers' is a game you play using chestnuts on a strand, 'horse chestnuts' to be precise.

This has inevitably led to the word 'Conkers' being slang for a big pair of nuts. I like the implication.

Now if we can just pick up a big ruckman called Schlong my puerile dreams will come true.

WTF is a strand?! :confused:

Other than a square on a Monopoly board

should have traded to get big Cox from WCE :)

Anyone remember that kids show ages ago 'William's Wish Wellingtons' I think it was? Anyways what you said just reminded me of an episode where kids at his school we playing 'Conkers' and his wished for an indestructible one so he would win... Good times...

Anyone remember that kids show ages ago 'William's Wish Wellingtons' I think it was? Anyways what you said just reminded me of an episode where kids at his school we playing 'Conkers' and his wished for an indestructible one so he would win... Good times...

I can also recall "the goodies" used some conkers in a skit too. (Ecky Thump episode?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back