Herald Sun Super Coach 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thoughts on the following trades
Out:J. Brennan In: J. Smith (Frees up cash to be able to do the trade below)
Out:A. Raines In:C.Cornes or any other high scoring back.

I can't believe Brisbane dropped the Sherminator.....who should I play out of Hadley and Petterd??

And do I start Jesse Smith ahead of Toovey??

Captain: McCleod, Goodwin, Judd, Kerr??

Your thoughts on the following trades
Out:J. Brennan In: J. Smith (Frees up cash to be able to do the trade below)
Out:A. Raines In:C.Cornes or any other high scoring back.

both sound pretty good mate, although now prob isn't the right time to pick up cornes as his price has peaked/close to peaking but he is a proven gun. glad i had him before round 1. def get smith.

I can't believe Brisbane dropped the Sherminator.....who should I play out of Hadley and Petterd??

i'd play hadley over petterd, smith over toovey and probably give the captaincy to judd or goodwin having a big one over the tiges..

i did the following trades this week:

OUT: A.Embley IN: N.Riewoldt

OUT: C.Cloke IN: R.Warnock

Now i have enough money next week to trade A. Walker for a gun backman such as Shaw, McLeod, Bowden.

I would start Hadley as we don't even know if Petterd is going to get a game as yet.

Would also definately start Smith over Toovey

As for your captain I would stay clear of Kerr for another week until he finds early season form again.... as for the other 3 you can't go wrong.

McCleod is the safer option over Goodwin as we are more likely to tag Goodwin. And Judd, well when is he ever a bad choice.

both sound pretty good mate, although now prob isn't the right time to pick up cornes as his price has peaked/close to peaking but he is a proven gun. glad i had him before round 1. def get smith.

Have made the J. Smith trade
Was looking at my other trade & was thinking of my forward line
Out: Hawkins In: B.Johnson / N. Reiwoldt / S.Lucas.

Just wondering your thoughts on which one?

would probably go with riewoldt mate, at that price u just can't go wrong really. Brad johnson also capable of some big scores and less injury prone than riewoldt. Can't go wrong with either, question of whether riewoldt can stay fit.

If I had the money I'd take Lucas, otherwise Riewoldt is bargain basement value so why not get him.

I didn't want to use both my trades this week but had no choice in the end thanks to the Embley injury. Smith was also to hard to let go.

OUT: A.Embley IN: N.Riewoldt

OUT: L. Hansen IN: J. Smith (NM)

Broke almost even in the end out of both those trades

Anyone else feeling the effects of having Hawkins, Kennedy and Hughes out.
Must trade one, but which one?
Any clues as to who will return first or at all? :confused:

Cheers! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes should never have been dropped in the first place.

In saying that, now that he has he will be fighting for a spot with J.Riewoldt who is VERY close to selection.

Therefore it's hard to say when he will be back, considering us supporters have no idea why he was dropped in the first place.

Hughes should never have been dropped in the first place.

Totally agree. He kicked 6 in first 2 games. Bit tough to drop him after Ports performance. Richmond dont seem to consider him as a target and look to Shultz and Richo to often. Very surprised he has been dropped. What happened to youth policy. He's perfect for that. By the way I'm a Doggie supporter and the biggest problem Richmond have is a CRAP coach. Best thing that every happened to the dogs is his departure. Get rid of him and Richmond will improve.

By the way still haven't solved my original problem?????

Cheers :thumbsu:

I'll try and help, even after your dig at Wallace. ;)

Hughes has had an interrupted preseason and preparation and hasn't exactly dominated in the VFL when he's played there. Schulz and Richo will be picked every week regardless. With Riewoldt rising and Brown due back, I think Cleve will play some more games but not more than about half. When he does play he probably won't be as involved in games as he has been to date (IMHO) with other options to kick to (Pettifer, Brown, Schulz, Richo, Riewoldt).
Hawkins will be in and out all year i reckon. Will have some good games but will have some bad ones too, I'd keep him.
Don't know about Kennedy. Seems a likely type but I've rarely seen him do much so far.

Totally agree. He kicked 6 in first 2 games. Bit tough to drop him after Ports performance. Richmond dont seem to consider him as a target and look to Shultz and Richo to often. Very surprised he has been dropped. What happened to youth policy. He's perfect for that. By the way I'm a Doggie supporter and the biggest problem Richmond have is a CRAP coach. Best thing that every happened to the dogs is his departure. Get rid of him and Richmond will improve.

By the way still haven't solved my original problem?????

I knew I hadn't answered your question ;)

Personally I would get rid of Kennedy. All 3 are likely to be in and out all year, but when they do play HUGHES and HAWKINS are a much better option than KENNEDY.

KENNEDY's scores have been shocking and he really is not worth hanging onto.

Hope that helps more :thumbsu:

Thanks guys, great stuff. :)

Sorry about the Wallace bagging. But the fact is how can a coach preach to his troops about putting in and fighting till the end. What a hypocrite it would make him considering he himself left a club with only one week before the end of a season. What a man, what a fighter, what great inspiration he shows. No guts - no glory! If he was cruelling me at 3/4 time I'd laugh at the fool. Sorry again to the Richmond supporters, I just think your young guns should have a mentor with conviction.

I would start Hadley as we don't even know if Petterd is going to get a game as yet.

Would also definately start Smith over Toovey

As for your captain I would stay clear of Kerr for another week until he finds early season form again.... as for the other 3 you can't go wrong.

McCleod is the safer option over Goodwin as we are more likely to tag Goodwin. And Judd, well when is he ever a bad choice.

Thanks mate. Appreciate the help. I hope the Tigers show some snarl tonight.

trades this round
Option 1 Trade Guerra/Sinclair for j.smith leaving around 350,000 in the bank to upgrade hawkins

Option 2 Trade Ellis (on the bench)for j.smith leaving around 50,000 in the bank leaving to much to trade for hawkins but another bench player who is actually playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back