Herald Sun Super Coach 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine now...

Chad Cornes, Ablett, Pavlich, Chapman (the 4 highest av's), Riewoldt, Fev and ROK.
:p
I have Cornes in the backline.:D

And am trading Fev for Brown this week. Should hopefully pay off getting Brown this week then trading out either Davey or Edwards next week to a Hall or Lucas:D

I have a solid midfield, not many superstars but they consistantly get the job done. They are my blue collar workers:thumbsu:

Backs arent to shabby. Waters and Smith/Whitnall my only weak links so am hopefully going to trade out the latter two within the next couple then my team is complete. Looking to jump on Shaw while hes down.

MCHMAHON!!! i got him in round 2 worst trade so far! his on my reserves with Riggio and ive got shaw on the ground and he might not play! ive got 11 trades left what should i do:(
If it is McMahon of the Jordy variety then i agree, he has been crap for me. I will have to put him on the bench and let Smith play.

They work on a 3 week basis with break evens.

For example:
If James Hird has an average of 100 then you times that by 3 = 300

Then you look at his last 2 weeks scores. Say they were 110 and 40 = 150.

That would mean that to break even and keep his average he would need to score 150 points this week (300 - 150 = 150 - which is the difference between his average score over 3 weeks and his last 2 weeks scores). If he scores less than this then his price will drop. More than this and it will increase.

Does this make sense? I am unsure as to how much price increases/decreases.
That method is incorrect. Break evens do not depend 'three week average' versus season average, they depend on 'three week average' versus price.

Kerr's average the moment is 129 (click on stats center and it tells you this)

So multiply that by 3 = 387

His last 2 scoring games were 85 and 128 which totals 213. So subtract this 213 from 387 and you get his break even for this week of 174.

Its got nothing to do with his last 5 rounds.
Ok thanks ive got ya now i appreciate it so that means if kerr gets any less than 174 he drops in value next week later correct.

Originally Posted by motorvinnie
MCHMAHON!!! i got him in round 2 worst trade so far! his on my reserves with Riggio and ive got shaw on the ground and he might not play! ive got 11 trades left what should i do:(

Unfortunatley I'm stuck with McMahon also. His price is pretty low and to upgrade him would require finding a cash cow in the center somewhere which is always risky!!! He's a fine example of a good player, but not a good supercoach player!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I have Cam Mooney and am thinking of trading him for O'Keefe. Mooney has been servicable but had a great game on Sunday yet only scored 88. If I am going to trade Mooney this is the week because Keefe will go up. Thoughts?

is it good to trade out gibson and obrien for birchall and milburn??? any other suggestions have 318 thousand so money is not a problem

They work on a 3 week basis with break evens.

For example:
If James Hird has an average of 100 then you times that by 3 = 300

Then you look at his last 2 weeks scores. Say they were 110 and 40 = 150.

That would mean that to break even and keep his average he would need to score 150 points this week (300 - 150 = 150 - which is the difference between his average score over 3 weeks and his last 2 weeks scores). If he scores less than this then his price will drop. More than this and it will increase.

Does this make sense? I am unsure as to how much price increases/decreases.

:thumbsu:

Awesome!

J. Brown's break even is 102.3 this week if I have worked that out correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That method is incorrect. Break evens do not depend 'three week average' versus season average, they depend on 'three week average' versus price.

So which method is correct. Still waiting to read your version. Could you please show the maths.

Also Aussie Assault - has your method been working for you this season?

Lets say a players current price is $500,000 and they have scored 100 and 50 in their last two rounds:

Current price / 5,000 = Expected average
$500,000 / 5,000 = 100

Break even = Expected average x 3 - Last 2 rounds total score
Break even = (100 x 3) - (100 + 50)
Break even = 150

5,000 is a very rough multiplier. I'm not sure of the exact one and only use the above as a guide.

Lets say a players current price is $500,000 and they have scored 100 and 50 in their last two rounds:

Current price / 5,000 = Expected average
$500,000 / 5,000 = 100

Break even = Expected average x 3 - Last 2 rounds total score
Break even = (100 x 3) - (100 + 50)
Break even = 150

5,000 is a very rough multiplier. I'm not sure of the exact one and only use the above as a guide.

Cheers for reply :thumbsu:

Just another question - Is that 5000 multipier a constant and used for all players?

If this is true then does anyone know the number constant used?

I have Cam Mooney and am thinking of trading him for O'Keefe. Mooney has been servicable but had a great game on Sunday yet only scored 88. If I am going to trade Mooney this is the week because Keefe will go up. Thoughts?

I too have Cam Mooney, and agree that whilst he has been consistent he hasnt really scored any big hundreds! Looked at Picking up O'Keefe this week but was scared off by his clanger count! Had 7 last week and has had 18 in last 3 weeks! Still slightly overpriced. For an extra $20,000 you could get Brad Johnson, or Lucas is cheap also!:thumbsu:

Got a bit of a dilemma on my hands. Looking to upgrade my midfield, in particular Dave Rodan and Marcus Murphy. This is SC, got 238 000 in the bank just wondering what to do.
Looking at Rodan for Shaun Burgoyne or Dane Swan
With the other trade wondering whether to trade Hawkins for Westhoff or Gray or trade Joel Selwood for more cash but perhaps a dude who won't play. Cash would be good for the next few weeks (13 trades left, 580th overall)
My other reserves are Gibbs in the middle and Alwyn up forward.

Only 1 trade this week. Travis Cloke out, Jonathan Brown in.

Start of the week, McMahon or Bock was going out of the side. Jordy got dropped so I'll stick it out with Bock. I've stayed this long another week won't hurt.

identical to mine. we cool, post the rest of your team?

Backs:
Gilbee
McPhee
H.Shaw
C.Cornes
C.Jones
J.Smith
C.Bolton

-Frawley
-Hansen

Rucks:
Cox
Sandilands

-Griffen
-Renouf

Judd
Bruce
Hodge
Goodes
Stanton
Goldsack:eek:

-Thomas
-Armitage

Forwards
Pav
Riewoldt
J.Brown
O'Keefe
G.Ablett
B.Johnson
Kosi

Bloody good forward line isnt it but the other parts are in need of some fixing up for me. Hows the rest of your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back