Herald Sun Super Coach 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The guy in second place Ivanhoe Bomber has an awsome team. Has anyone looked at it. That guy knows how to play (taking a rookie ruckmen which I think was smart) has an almost perfect bench and is in a position where there is nothing he would want to trade (perhaps Darcy for Hudson).

That guy is going to be very tough to beat.

What do people think of Nathan Ablett?

I've never liked my forward line and wondered about trading one person down to a cheaper player to make money.

Of the players I have:
I don't really like Monfries as a dteamer.

And am not convinced about Akermanis though would want to get a different expensive player for him.

I currently have $6700.

Forwards I have are:
Angus Monfries
Lance Franklin
Dale Thomas
Jason Akermanis
Jared Brennan
Matthew Pavlich
Gary Ablett

Bench players
Nathan Krakeour
Alwyn Davey
His best four-quarter game of his career. Read into that what you will, but he takes the number three defender and that will not always be a flanker in Gilbee.

Its not working so ill just type it out.

Backs:
Gilbee 170
Clarke 118
Adcock 112
Polak 108
Carrazzo 97
Cornes 88
CA Johnson 60

Centres:
Black 316 (C)
Stevens 102
Foley 89
Richitelli 87
Griffen 57
Higgins 54

Rucks:
Sandi 87
Cox 0

Forwards:
O'Keefe 120
Jones 104
Fev 102
Gaz Ab 97
Kosi 88
Waite 70
Monfries 64

Ressies:
Riggio 41
Ellis 32

Lappin 108
Browne 60

Hudson 55
Griffen 40

Davey 29
Edwards 0

My backline was very solid. I was very happy with that. Johnson should improve on 60 as should Cornes who was on 88.

My midfield was solid apart from my two doggie boys. Im going to substitute Higgo for Lappin and give Griff one more chance.

Rucks let me down. I was expecting Cox to play and i didnt have an emergency for him. Sandi was impressive though.

Forwards i was happy with also. I expect Monfries and Waite to improve on their scores but overall not to bad.

Im comming 1383 overall with a final score of 2190.

How do you think i can improve on that guys?

Im not trading this week but do have my eye on Kerr and Lewis.

My midfield was solid apart from my two doggie boys. Im going to substitute Higgo for Lappin and give Griff one more chance.

Rucks let me down. I was expecting Cox to play and i didnt have an emergency for him. Sandi was impressive though.

What was the deal with Griffen? Like many I chiose him as well expecting him to rise. Hopefully will preform this week against the Crows.

I think the last minute Ruck withdrawel situation is just something the most coaches are going to have to wear for the season. It simply makes sense that your three emergencies each week are one each of your backs, centres and forwrards as they are probability wise more likely to to need cover just because there are more players who could drop out.

Re: Merged "Rate My Supercoach Team" Threads

hey there, im thinking about getting rid of goodes as i heard he will go down in price.. should i hang on to him for this round at least or trade him for someone like rodan, kerr, knights,wenderlich or fixter who will most likly go up in price and if i was to trade should i trade this round or wait another?
any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just my take on it Vinnie, but i'm new to this game....I'd hang on to Goodes. I'm going to look at the performance of my higher priced players who haven't performed well just before the revaluation. If they look like being revalued down i'll drop them to save any $$$ i might lose in my salary cap. I think i'll be investing in some under valued guys before their price goes up this week, and possibly next. I don't need to tweak my side much so i'm pretty happy overall. I know there are guys saying it's too early to trade but i have to with McLean gone.

hey there, im thinking about getting rid of goodes as i heard he will go down in price.. should i hang on to him for this round at least or trade him for someone like rodan, kerr, knights,wenderlich or fixter who will most likly go up in price and if i was to trade should i trade this round or wait another?
any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

Depends or the rest of you midfield. If you have alot of money in there than you could trade Goodes all the way down to Rodan and have the extra $350K to boost a Ruck,Back or Forward.

#1 TF.

Where does the image go after i finished uploading it? It seems to have disappeared.
MAte upload your image with Imageshack (link posted by someone else).
And then you should get a url. Copy one of the forum urls and paste it in a new post.
Not sure bout this but i take the 'th' before the 'jgp' away so its enlarged. It should work fine but thats how i do it.

My Team:

Gilbbe, Goodard, X.Clarke, Milburn, Adcock, Carrazzo, Cornes
Boyle, Riggio
Black, Ball, Lappin, Hazelby, Foley, Deledio
Rodan, Selwood
Sandilands, Hudson
Griffin, Renouf
Pavlich, Fevola, Ablett, Koschitzke, Franklin, Akemanis, Monfries
Davey, Edwards

4300 in the bank 2 trades left this round, I want to pick up Brad Johnson....How do you guy recon I should do it?

My Team:

Gilbbe, Goodard, X.Clarke, Milburn, Adcock, Carrazzo, Cornes
Boyle, Riggio
Black, Ball, Lappin, Hazelby, Foley, Deledio
Rodan, Selwood
Sandilands, Hudson
Griffin, Renouf
Pavlich, Fevola, Ablett, Koschitzke, Franklin, Akemanis, Monfries
Davey, Edwards

4300 in the bank 2 trades left this round, I want to pick up Brad Johnson....How do you guy recon I should do it?
Flick Pav. Yes hes consistant but he doesnt bring in the massive scores like Johnson. He played a massive game on the weekend and only managed a 112. Its like me with Stevens, does really well and his scores dont refect that.

Anyway, keep your trades in the bank IMO for one more week. Dont impulse buy.

The guy in second place Ivanhoe Bomber has an awsome team. Has anyone looked at it. That guy knows how to play (taking a rookie ruckmen which I think was smart) has an almost perfect bench and is in a position where there is nothing he would want to trade (perhaps Darcy for Hudson).

That guy is going to be very tough to beat.

Its a very good team but not sure that it's as strong as you suggest.

The backline is the real question mark - find it hard to believe that Brennan is going to deliver every week. Coupled with Kosi and Riggio...hmmm. I might be in the minority but don't think Clement will produce many performances like last weekend either.

No offence to the guy leading the comp but he doesnt have a clue about footy. Well...he must have a bit of an idea but any supporter with a good footy brain will tell you thats a horrible line up. He just got lucky.

Max Bailey in the ruck, everyone knows hes gone for the season.
Soloman in the backline? WTF is he thinking?
And Hunter.
Midfield has two stars comming back from OP.
Hawkins wont see much games let alone game time to have an impact this year.

He is no threat, and will struggle to be top 50 by the end of next week.

LF50 on the other hand......gun team!:thumbsu:

No offence to the guy leading the comp but he doesnt have a clue about footy. Well...he must have a bit of an idea but any supporter with a good footy brain will tell you thats a horrible line up. He just got lucky.

Max Bailey in the ruck, everyone knows hes gone for the season.
Soloman in the backline? WTF is he thinking?
And Hunter.
Midfield has two stars comming back from OP.
Hawkins wont see much games let alone game time to have an impact this year.

He is no threat, and will struggle to be top 50 by the end of next week.

LF50 on the other hand......gun team!:thumbsu:
I thought so too, but the word coming out of Geelong is talking differently.

Its a very good team but not sure that it's as strong as you suggest.

The backline is the real question mark - find it hard to believe that Brennan is going to deliver every week. Coupled with Kosi and Riggio...hmmm. I might be in the minority but don't think Clement will produce many performances like last weekend either.

I agree. If it were me I would trade Clement and Riggio straight after the price change but anyone who picked Clement has him as a keeper.

Still he will be around the top for the first 8 weeks at least IMO

Interesting....some suggest he could debut within the next couple of weeks.

How is his fitness going? I heard that when he got drafted he was below standard.

He came in a bit chubby. Was going really well but got a hot spot in his shin due to increased work load so had to rest for 2 weeks towards the end of preseason. Saw him in play a reserves practice match 3 weeks ago for a 1/2 and was very good but not nearly fit enough. Played well up until this week when he lined up on Brian Harris and barely got a kick.

I suspect he might line up against Hawthorn in round 4. Geelong would like to play him now so they can move Ottens into the ruck but I think he needs two more weeks to get his fitness up.

With Knobel and Simmonds out, Joel Bowden is going to play full back for the next few weeks at least, whilst Polak pinch hits in the ruck and up forward.

My strategy is to trade him if he has another bad week (for someone like X) and pick him up again (at a much cheaper price) when Richmond finally have all their talls up and firing (around round 7 i reckon). Thursfield will be due back also so hopefully that will further alleviate the defensive burden Joel will need to deal with for the next few weeks yet...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back